Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Why does Microsoft have to be so strange with how they do things
    I think it was a last ditch effort to be like "we're the good guys!" back in 2013. The 360 did not have cloud saves at all, it was the PS3 that introduced them to consoles as a perk for being a PS+ sub(which wasn't required for online play at the time). They just got grandfathered in to PS4 PS+, where as MS didn't have them at all the previous gen so it was one way they could one up the competition.

And remind me again, what console company doesn't charge for cloud saves/online play?
    Let's see...

OH I KNOW!

Both Steam and Origin have free cloud saves, and all online play on PC is free of ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    all online play on PC is free of ransom.
    Are you still trying to claim this when we play on a WoW fan site?

I notice how you never replied to me bringing up your comment reaking of BS where you claimed you never paid to play a game online while posting on a WoW fan site so fun to bring up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Are you still trying to claim this when we play on a WoW fan site?

I notice how you never replied to me bringing up your comment reaking of BS where you claimed you never paid to play a game online while posting on a WoW fan site so fun to bring up again.
    Okay, I bite.

WoW is one game I choose to play.

On consoles they hold ALL games for ransom behind the paywall, when those same games can be played online for free on PC. How is that not stupid? They clearly don't need to money to uphold the service on one platform, why do they need it on the other?

That is the fucking difference here. Invidual publishers and games can choose to do sub model if they want to. Console manufacturers in their greed have found easy-fucking-money and hold all online ingteractivity for ransom behidn their arbitrary paywall.

And the money doesn't even fucking get you anything. The matchmaking is made on the same servers they host their digital stores and after that you are thrown into p2p hell. Why do they need money for this?
    Last edited by Lahis; 2018-05-08 at 04:24 PM.

Okay, I bite.

On consoles they hold ALL games for ransom behind the paywall, when those same games can be played online for free on PC. How is that not stupid? They clearly don't need to money to uphold the service on one platform, why do they need it on the other?

That is the fucking difference here. Invidual publishers and games can choose to do sub model if they want to. Console manufacturers in their greed have found easy-fucking-money and hold all online ingteractivity for ransom behidn their arbitrary paywall.
    You mean they choose to make you pay a sub fee to access their servers?

Just like blizzard does for WoW?

You keep comparing console games to pc games, yet PC games access their own servers. While console games do the same, they ALWAYS have to connect to the console's servers as well for security purposes. It wouldn't work on PC because only a fraction of games released on Steam are steam works, so valve would basically be charging a sub fee just to play their own games and a handful of others(Civ is probably the next most popular game that actually is Steamworks and not valve published). If Valve could get away with it they absolutely would, but they can't.

Also no, Sony does not hold "ALL" their games behind a paywall, in fact the most popular game with the casuals right now in fortnite does not require a PS+ sub at all. You're paying a PS+ sub for the games that use PSN for match making and communication, not the ones that don't. F2P and Sub based games which all have their own solutions for this do not require a PS+ sub.

You mean they choose to make you pay a sub fee to access their servers?

Just like blizzard does for WoW?
    WHAT. SERVERS?

Console games are not run on goddamn servers. It's peer to peer hosting. Only time server is involved is when a match is made in some corner of their storefront CPU.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I bite.

And the money doesn't even fucking get you anything. The matchmaking is made on the same servers they host their digital stores and after that you are thrown into p2p hell. Why do they need money for this?
    So 15 dollars a month for one game is better than 20/60 a year for dozens. Neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    So 15 dollars a month for one game is better than 20/60 a year for dozens. Neat.
    I play WoW actively. On Switch I have only had occasional online game every now and then. After this change the price per match will be too fuckign steep to seem anywhere near worth it, so no more Switch online for me.

It will not be a big loss, but it is still fucking annoying that people buy into this bullshit on consoles.

WHAT. SERVERS?
    Yep, no servers exist.

No servers are used to connect multiple users together for voice chat, match making or hosting cloud saves.

It all just magically happens!

You're not paying for dedicated servers for every game genius(and if you where you'd be paying a hell of a lot more then $60 a year), you're paying for servers dedicated to making sure PSN/XBL stay online.

Also more console games have dedicated servers then your claim of none, A HELL OF A LOT MORE(since caps are kool) actually.

- - - Updated - - -

I play WoW actively. On Switch I have only had occasional online game every now and then. After this change the price per match will be too fuckign steep to seem anywhere near worth it, so no more Switch online for me.

It will not be a big loss, but it is still fucking annoying that people buy into this bullshit on consoles.
    I feel you, having to cut out 2 trips to Taco Bell a year to pay for Switch online is too steep of a price to pay.

No Virtual Console?! I skipped the Wii and WiiU just for the Switch, and now they drop the ball on all the games I want to play on a portable full system! Cmon Nintendo, get your shit together!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    No Virtual Console?! I skipped the Wii and WiiU just for the Switch, and now they drop the ball on all the games I want to play on a portable full system! Cmon Nintendo, get your shit together!
    They dropped the name "Virtual Console" not the idea of selling old games on the eshop. They are still going to put old games on eshop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninteno Online is very underwhelming. I was hoping for merging VC library's and backwards compatibility with older Nintendo systems. Looks like I will have to wait much longer before buying a switch because I have everything I need on the Wii U. Not sure if MP4 will be enough...

so far the "leak" of nitendo e3 is true

One thing that I hope isn't true is

New Paper Mario game is next and is not being developed by Intelligent Systems. Goes back to the traditional partner style gameplay but still heavily features the character limitations imposed for Sticker Star and Color Splash. Coming 2019
    They fucking never learn do they (if this is true)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I think it was a last ditch effort to be like "we're the good guys!" back in 2013. The 360 did not have cloud saves at all, it was the PS3 that introduced them to consoles as a perk for being a PS+ sub(which wasn't required for online play at the time). They just got grandfathered in to PS4 PS+, where as MS didn't have them at all the previous gen so it was one way they could one up the competition.
    I'm ashamed to admit my Microsoft knowledge is my weak point, I spent far too much time just hating on the 360 rather than trying to learn anything about it.

And that's what I remembered for the PS4 was that it requires PS+. Makes sense though.

Let's see...

OH I KNOW!

Both Steam and Origin have free cloud saves, and all online play on PC is free of ransom.
    I know someone didn't read.

And remind me again, what console company doesn't charge for cloud saves/online play?
    Your rage blinds you.

15+ Year Old Account

If you dont play actively then you dont need it anywah, or just get the 7.99 one for a month. I dont play anything online so i just have ps+ for cloud saves, same with this nintendo thing, and smash

And that's what I remembered for the PS4 was that it requires PS+. Makes sense though.
    Cloud save isn't the only option though for ps4, you can back up with other methods, same with WiiU

Nintendo isn't doing it for the switch because of "hacking" which ended up amounting to nothing but pissed off people and the switch being hacked anyway.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Cloud save isn't the only option though for ps4, you can back up with other methods, same with WiiU

Nintendo isn't doing it for the switch because of "hacking" which ended up amounting to nothing but pissed off people.
    Nah, it's going to amount to a lot. People are far less likely to hack a system through hardware modding, then software. It's so piss easy to mod a Wii U or 3DS that anyone can do it, that's not going to be the case with the Switch even though it's already hacked technically.

If you don't want casual users modding their systems locking down software is a great way to do that. Hardware exploits will still happen but how many people do you think will actually take advantage of it? It's going to be a considerably smaller % then players who did so on 3DS and Wii U.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-05-08 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Nintendo isn't doing it for the switch because of "hacking" which ended up amounting to nothing but pissed off people and the switch being hacked anyway.
    And thank god for that. Next year we'll have CFWs up and running with proper data and save management tools.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, it's going to amount to a lot. People are far less likely to hack a system through hardware modding, then software. It's so piss easy to mod a Wii U or 3DS that anyone can do it, that's not going to be the case with the Switch even though it's already hacked technically.

If you don't want casual users modding their systems locking down software is a great way to do that. Hardware exploits will still happen but how many people do you think will actually take advantage of it? It's going to be a considerably smaller % then players who did so on 3DS and Wii U.
    The actual hardware part of teh Tegra exploit is so piss easy that it hardly is any harder than current fresh 3DS hack installation on up to date OS.

Short two pins in the right Joycon holder, connect it into a computer, boot the thing and voila, you're running unsigned code on the system!

The actual hardware part of teh Tegra exploit is so piss easy that it hardly is any harder than current fresh 3DS hack installation on up to date OS.

Short two pins in the right Joycon holder, connect it into a computer, boot the thing and voila, you're running unsigned code on the system!
    I don't think you actually understand what is happening with it, and it's something that is very easy to fuck up. Not to mention, something you need to purchase in the first place.

If you're going to compare that to loading a specific save in a specific game, or just going to a specific web address and clicking a button well... Your lack of knowledge on the actual hacking is showing.

No random 12 year old is going to be hacking their Switch, yet they could easily do the same to previous Nintendo systems.

Deleted
    Wouldnt really make sense of them to release Virtual Console now when they will give old games with their sub option & all the indies they release + if they will release more of their mini consoles.

Besides, aint people tired to play NES & SNES games for the 511 time?