Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    HAL is not making the game. That is a copyright. They Co Own the Smash franchise just like they do Kirby.

The Smash 4 copyright is exactly the same minus the years.

I'm sure most already know this, but just a heads up.
    what does that really mean for smash though? like say this was a wacko world where nintendo sold their half, what could hal do? just make a fighting game called smash with all 3rd parties?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The only part I find strange is that the name is still labeled as a (working title).

Most likely they're just not saying outright that it's Smash for Nintendo Switch yet, but I do have a small hope that it's something more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to steal my brother's Switch, I mean borrow *cough*.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Really wish they would bring PSOII to the west....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what does that really mean for smash though? like say this was a wacko world where nintendo sold their half, what could hal do? just make a fighting game called smash with all 3rd parties?
    The concept of the platform fighter/mascot fighter is not exclusive to HAL and is not trademarked by any particular company, so yes, Hal could make a Smash clone. They just wouldn't be able to use any Nintendo assets outside of maybe the Kirby series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The only part I find strange is that the name is still labeled as a (working title).

Most likely they're just not saying outright that it's Smash for Nintendo Switch yet, but I do have a small hope that it's something more.
    The name itself is probably not a high priority at the moment. Either that or they want to save it for E3 where it will be bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Going back to Pokemon, if they are to announce it, it will be announced either at the end of this month in order to generate some more sales before the end of the fiscal year, before Labo launches so they can get more potential sales with Labo with more Switch purchases, or before the fiscal report at the end of April/early May.

Please tell me we can play PSO2 here if we import the Switch copy? It's region free right??

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Please tell me we can play PSO2 here if we import the Switch copy? It's region free right??
    Yea its just not translated
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I haven't really been keeping up with this thread but I just wanted to register my love for the Switch and my frustration that I don't feel like playing other games on other consoles anymore because the Switch has spoiled me so much.

I wasted so many hours on PSO back on the Dreamcast. But i hear this one would need some hard jp-eng guide on hand like MHXX. But XX has kiranico exactly for that. Is there anything for PSO2?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    For Smash it means HAL makes money and royalties on Smash games sold. Obviously unlike with Kirby they could never fight for and fully win the Smash IP as the majority of cast members are fully owned by Nintendo. Not like it matters anyways, HAL and Nintendo have a strong and loyal relationship that will probably never be broken.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-10 at 07:54 PM.

For Smash it means HAL makes money and royalties on Smash games sold. Obviously unlike with Kirby they could never fight for and fully win the Smash IP as the majority of cast members are fully owned by Nintendo. Not like it matters anyways, HAL and Nintendo have a strong a loyal relationship that will probably never be broken.
    well i know that, copyrights weird.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Just by the way, it's not a native client. There's a reason why it's called PSO2 Cloud, which is it's a cloud service much like PS Now or just PS4 remote play. Stuff is rendered in an off site location and then streamed and controlled by your Switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I wasted so many hours on PSO back on the Dreamcast. But i hear this one would need some hard jp-eng guide on hand like MHXX. But XX has kiranico exactly for that. Is there anything for PSO2?
    I have no idea, I play on PS4 / Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You need to add up the sales on every version of OoT buddy. BotW has a ways to go.
    No you don't because no business does that. Each version is a different item number. The Sells of OoT 3DS do not count for the sells of OoT N64 because they are different games (item scews) and the same apply's to the Gamecube version.

Majora's Mask 3DS sells did not increase the sells of Majora's Mask N64 they are two different games.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-10 at 08:50 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Octopath special edition is 100 bucks damn

That's a lot for a pop up book and cd... especially for a new ip
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

And yet Sega are still adamant as hell about not releasing an official Western version.

I'd seriously give up every other MMO I play for a Western port. Yes even FF14 which I play like mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but BotW hasn't had a chance to have releases really. It will sell more than Ocarina on the 64 this year. Talk to me in 20 years and BotW probably is above 15 or 20m.

Ok and? That site is lumping in the sells of the different versions together and even proves what I said correct. Did you not scroll down or did you only see the first chart where they lumped the sells together?

The highest sold Zelda is OoT on the N64 at 7.6mil and BOTW (Switch) will pass that up within the next year or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And yet Sega are still adamant as hell about not releasing an official Western version.

I'd seriously give up every other MMO I play for a Western port. Yes even FF14 which I play like mad.
    I would love to have a MMO I can play on my Switch
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-10 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

The highest sold Zelda is OoT on the N64 at 7.6mil and BOTW (Switch) will pass that up within the next year or two.
    The highest sold Zelda is TP...

If you're gonna take out the GC sales of TP then BoTW is also losing over a million sales from the Wii U version. Not like those where remasters, just a case of games being cross gen and multiplatform.

The highest sold Zelda is TP...

If you're gonna take out the GC sales of TP then BoTW is also losing over a million sales from the Wii U version. Not like those where remasters, just a case of games being cross gen and multiplatform.
    Based on VG chartz ( so yes numbers are not 100%) the order is. https://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=zelda
    1) OoT N64 with 7.6mil
    2) Twlight Princess Wii with 7.18mil
    3) The legend of Zelda NES with 6.51mil
    4) Breath of the Wild with 6.31mil

So I was never counting the Wii-U sells of BoTW, With that said you are correct in that counting the GC sells of TP it outsells the N64 OoT and so would Breath of the Wild if you count its Wii-U sells.

But for individual platform sells that is the order (based on Vgchartz).

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Based on VG chartz ( so yes numbers are not 100%) the order is. https://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=zelda
    1) OoT N64 with 7.6mil
    2) Twlight Princess Wii with 7.18mil
    3) The legend of Zelda NES with 6.51mil
    4) Breath of the Wild with 6.31mil

So I was never counting the Wii-U sells of BoTW, With that said you are correct in that counting the GC sells of TP it outsells the N64 OoT and so would Breath of the Wild if you count its Wii-U sells.

But for individual platform sells that is the order (based on Vgchartz).
    What's the source for VGChartz numbers on BoTW? VGChartz themselves?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131_3e.pdf Nintendo literally themselves reports 6.7 mil sold for BoTW on Switch. That is 3 months old at that.

Just another reason why VGChartz should never be used for anything ever.