10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Narrative is the one thing BoTW didn't have a whole lot of.

There's not much of anything to find by exploring the world but hunting for more Korok seeds and the occasional 5 minute trip through a shrine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The narrative was non existent. 10 flashback cutscenes about how Ganon fucked everyone up and now link has to re learn who he is and save the day Not that I expect some great narrative in Zelda to begin with but it's weak AF even by Zelda standards.

SMO has a more coherent narrative then BoTW and it's a Mario game ffs lmao.
    And I think that fit the game perfectly. It's a giant sandbox, that's made to be a sandbox. If they guided you around the sandbox, it wouldn't feel as much like one, and you'd feel railroaded into taking the same way around the map each time, instead of being free to go around and explore where ever you want.

Also, calling the narrative non existent because there's only 10 cutscenes cuts out everything that you pick up just playing the game

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The world itself is the narrative. Not all story happens in a cutscene.
    That is a cop-out excuse.

The world was Bland, Empty and just outright boring as fuck so hey maybe your right because the story was as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

oh shit people talking about BotW here's tech and jt to cry about it for 3 pages (don't worry guys i have you both on ignore that horse is barely a smear on the pavement you've beaten it so much)

Oh yea bro, catching that 200th korok seed that was the same as the 150th I got sure told me a great narrative.

No to mention the vast fields of grass! Greta narrative, 10/10 GOTG.

Hard no to this one. The sign of a bad videogame open world, regardless of how fun the gameplay is, is if it relies on flashbacks to tell the story. Horizon has you visit a few places to watch holograms and listen to audiologs of a more interesting time, ODST had you walk to 5 items and imagine flashbacks to tell the story, MGSV relied heavily on hours and hours of cassettes between the ubisoft level base clearing bullshit and BotW relies monumentally on like a dozen flashbacks to have any story at all.

Some games like Dark Souls can pull it off because they very smartly use environmental story telling, item descriptions and enemy design to say nothing of permanence and context changing moments. But an open sandbox is just a sandbox. For every location like Hyrule Castle or The Temple of Time -of which there are very few in general- there is a metric asston of "empty field" or "empty forest with the same stone archway in it" and thats not a narrative beyond "shits fucked" and we get that in the first 10 minutes. That doesn't need to be the entire game and is not enough to support a whole narrative.

BotW is a fun sandbox to waste time in but what little story it has for the player experience is trash. You play an amnesiac who explores a vast expanse of nothing to collect maguffins to beat the same boss 4 times because an ancient evil has awakened. "But remember that time i found a horse tho" is not a narrative. If that were true then Minecraft with a large modpack is some saga that puts Tolkein to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If that were true then Minecraft with a large modpack is some saga that puts Tolkein to shame.
    My little cousin can rewrite Bible stories in his own words too.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04...er-run-better/

Latest Nintendo Switch Update Makes Games Load Faster and Run Better
    A couple weeks ago, Nintendo released the new 8.0 update for the Nintendo Switch, which added a healthy slab of new features and improvements to the console. It added a new save transfer data option, a new zoom feature, and apparently also a new boost mode. After the update went live, homebrewers, as they do, dove under the hood of the system to get a better look at the changes the update made, and what they discovered is the aforementioned boost mode, which isn't listed in the official patch notes.

With the boost mode, the Nintendo Switch's CPU can now overclock itself, in specific situations, to 1.75GHz, which as you may know, is a considerable improvement on its stock 1GHz speed. As a result, apparently games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, with their new patches installed, are loading noticeably faster than they previously did. And this is because of the new boost mode. Basically, what is happening, is the games are overclocking the CPU to 1.75GHz during loading screens, and then once the game is loaded in, the CPU will return to 1GHz.

For The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild specifically, this means loading save files is down 10 seconds, fast travel is improved by eight seconds, and entering shrines is now three seconds faster.

This may seem like marginal improvements, and technically they are, but they are pretty noticeable and notable to not even mention. Of course, going forward, games will now able to take advantage of this new overclocking, which should mean faster load times on the console and general performance improvement.
    Would be kinda cool if I could just turn on "boost mode" and leave it on. Likely can't due to heat issues and all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I'm just going to say it....

Yoshi's Crafted World is just you collecting the Infinity Stones....

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm just going to say it....

Yoshi's Crafted World is just you collecting the Infinity Stones....
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I really hope the end just has Yoshi snapping Baby Bowser and he turns to dust.

Any word on that zelda game, made by the creators of "crypt of the necrodancer"?

Last edited by bbr; 2019-05-05 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Any word on that zelda game, made by the creators of "crypt of the necrodancer"?
    Apart from it releasing sometime in Spring 2019, not really. That does mean it should be coming out very soon though.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

So "Purple Screen of Death" happened to my Switch.

Anyone knows any way to fix it except sending it to Nintendo Service? Hardreset didn't help.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill shower when hyrule is free

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    So "Purple Screen of Death" happened to my Switch.

Anyone knows any way to fix it except sending it to Nintendo Service? Hardreset didn't help.
    Maybe try letting the battery run out all the way?

The only fix I could find was on this forum, but it involves switch modding and such, and I'm guessing it has to have been modded before the problem comes up. Not to mention, the problem likely came from custom firmware in the first place.

Otherwise, try Nintendo's steps, and if that doesn't work, probably have to send it to Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    Maybe try letting the battery run out all the way?

The only fix I could find was on this forum, but it involves switch modding and such, and I'm guessing it has to have been modded before the problem comes up. Not to mention, the problem likely came from custom firmware in the first place.

Otherwise, try Nintendo's steps, and if that doesn't work, probably have to send it to Nintendo.
    Yeah, I've found this and official "hard reset" guides. It seems like there are only few people with purple screen problem and it was back in 2017.

No, my Switch is not modded in any way and only used with official accesories. It broken when I was downloading some demos from eShop.

Thanks anyway
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Yeah, I've found this and official "hard reset" guides. It seems like there are only few people with purple screen problem and it was back in 2017.

No, my Switch is not modded in any way and only used with official accesories. It broken when I was downloading some demos from eShop.

Thanks anyway
    In light of lack of information, I guess I'll bite. Did you buy your Switch second-hand?, or anything other than brand new in the box, with an unbroken tape seal? Did you buy it from a reputable vendor? You know what I mean.

I saw nothing about "new" being mentioned, thus the counter question(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    In light of lack of information, I guess I'll bite. Did you buy your Switch second-hand?, or anything other than brand new in the box, with an unbroken tape seal? Did you buy it from a reputable vendor? You know what I mean.

I saw nothing about "new" being mentioned, thus the counter question(s).
    No, it's completely new from official Nintendo distributor in Russia (bought it back in March), with warranty and stuff. Never dropped it/had any other mechanical damage and had zero issues with it.

Was downloading Kirby demo from eShop when error screen and "please restart" message popped up. Restarted into "purple screen". Seems I'm just out of luck here)))
    I've already emailed to official support and i'm currently awaiting any response from them.

I was just wondering if maybe anyone had experience with Switch colored BSOD screens. I've only found that purple/magenta screen could mean some bootloader error.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2019-05-05 at 06:37 PM.

So behind the scenes Nintendo has been tweaking the performance of The Switch to have it perform better.

Only 3 games take advantage of this right now. (BOTW,Mario and MK11)

Personally I would love a "Boost Mode" added to the system even more so for games like XC2. Kinda confirms what I thought as well, If we ever get a Switch "Pro" it will just be this system with way better cooling so it can run at or near normal speeds and maybe a Ram boost.

Side Note: Really looking forward to playing Saints Row The Third tomorrow on my Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wonderful 101
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    Xenoblade Chronicles X
    WW/TP HD
    Pikmin 3
    Super Mario 3D World
    god i miss tokyo mirage sessions ... i think i need to hook up my wii u again ... such a good good good game