Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If there was no market remasters wouldn't be a thing tho. Also it likely doesn't take many copies to hit profit with these games.
    Probably not. But at least in Saints Row's case, it just seems like a cynical cash grab. Especially when developers can't be bothered to make sure their game runs well on the Switch before they release it.
    I can see it being easy for them to turn a profit with it currently being impossible to get a refund for games bought on the Nintendo eshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Probably not. But at least in Saints Row's case, it just seems like a cynical cash grab. Especially when developers can't be bothered to make sure their game runs well on the Switch before they release it.
    I can see it being easy for them to turn a profit with it currently being impossible to get a refund for games bought on the Nintendo eshop.
    I don't disagree (even more so as someone who bought it). Some remasters are nothing but a crash grab (even tho I hate that term), But a lot of decent ports.

Hell even the Dark Souls port wasn't bad(besides the audio).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't disagree (even more so as someone who bought it). Some remasters are nothing but a crash grab (even tho I hate that term), But a lot of decent ports.

Hell even the Dark Souls port wasn't bad(besides the audio).
    Honestly, I have never played any of the Dark Souls games, let alone the Nintendo Switch port.
    But, I at least have to give credit to the developer for delaying the release to make sure the game was ready.
    Sure, it annoyed a lot of people who were excited for the Switch version. But in the long run, they would have been even more annoyed if the game was released in a bad state.

Just out of curiosity. What are peoples opinions about the game releases on the Switch so far this year?
    Been seeing some Youtubers saying that it's just as sparse and disappointing as 2018. Despite the fact we have Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening remake, Pokemon Sword and Shield (Just to name a handful) coming out in the latter half of the year.

And yes. I know we shouldn't take Youtubers opinions as gospel. But it's hard to ignore the nerdrage from them and the brainless zealots that agree with everything they say.
    Problem is that all but one of those games you mentioned are second half releases. Aside from a few, dare I say, cult like following games, the first half has been pretty disappointing. At least in terms of first party. If you didn’t buy into any of the Final Fantasy’s until now or just want to have the option of playing on the go, that’s been a nice addition. The usual ports from early current gen or last gen have also been nice to fill the gaps I guess. But if you play the Switch mainly for first party additions, it’s been a little sparse for sure and can definitely be likened to last year.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Just out of curiosity. What are peoples opinions about the game releases on the Switch so far this year?
    Been seeing some Youtubers saying that it's just as sparse and disappointing as 2018. Despite the fact we have Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening remake, Pokemon Sword and Shield (Just to name a handful) coming out in the latter half of the year.

And yes. I know we shouldn't take Youtubers opinions as gospel. But it's hard to ignore the nerdrage from them and the brainless zealots that agree with everything they say.
    It's been really bad - just ports and shitty 3rd party games that nobody cares about. Should pick up next month with Bloodstained though and FE after that.

Serious question, how is Nintendo still successful? Any other company would have gone under by now if they made the decisions Nintendo has. It feels like they're successful in spite of the decisions they make, rather than because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Serious question, how is Nintendo still successful? Any other company would have gone under by now if they made the decisions Nintendo has. It feels like they're successful in spite of the decisions they make, rather than because of them.
    Because no other game developer has a first party line up with the same level of popularity as Nintendo.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    It's almost like your personal opinions mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things huh?

Anyways why do you always pop up once a month with some weak ass bait message in this thread? Last month it was "Why has Nintendo did a 180 on all their policies?!"

So real talk: where the hell is Crystal Chronicles?

I was talking about E3 predictions with friends and we got to how Square Enix has the 7 remake and avengers game and the rest is a mystery. Someone said 'well maybe CC will get a release date?' and i had to double check that a: it didn't come out when all the other HD ports did and b: we are halfway through 2019 and it still only lists its release date as 2019.
    I imagine theres plenty who don't care but thats honestly in my top ten games of all time and the online had me excited for another monster hunter style 'pick up and have fun with 3 friends' gameplay in the game i adore, but can't exactly easily get 3 friends with 3 gbas and link cables around at the drop of a hat like its 2003 anymore.

Only reason i could guess is because its the only game in the lot of FF ports that uses online and the Switch online isn't known by a sterling reputation so maybe thats why its still held back?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Likely will see it and get a release date at Square's Event.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I really hope we get some Metroid Prime 4 info at E3, even if it's just a brief clip / concept art. I can't imagine they scrapped **everything** from the previous iteration, so they should have something to show even if it's not gameplay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here have a good guide on how to install CFW on a Nintendo Switch? I want to install RetroArch on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

I was talking about E3 predictions with friends and we got to how Square Enix has the 7 remake and avengers game and the rest is a mystery. Someone said 'well maybe CC will get a release date?' and i had to double check that a: it didn't come out when all the other HD ports did and b: we are halfway through 2019 and it still only lists its release date as 2019.
    I imagine theres plenty who don't care but thats honestly in my top ten games of all time and the online had me excited for another monster hunter style 'pick up and have fun with 3 friends' gameplay in the game i adore, but can't exactly easily get 3 friends with 3 gbas and link cables around at the drop of a hat like its 2003 anymore.

Only reason i could guess is because its the only game in the lot of FF ports that uses online and the Switch online isn't known by a sterling reputation so maybe thats why its still held back?
    CC isn't only on Switch so it's online has nothing to do with it when the PS4 version isn't out yet either nor does it have a date.

X/XII where already remastered they just ported them over to the Switch, not much work there when they already had the PS4 versions to port over.

CC remastered on the other hand had not yet been remastered and they are building online play for a game that didn't originally have it. Game was announced less then a year ago back in sep, it's not shocking that it hasn't got a release date yet. It will either be a late 2019 release or might even get pushed into 2020 all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    Anyone here have a good guide on how to install CFW on a Nintendo Switch? I want to install RetroArch on it.
    No and doing so is against the rules here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Predictions for the pokemon direct?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Predictions for the pokemon direct?
    My pessimism is high - I assume we'll get the typical rodent / bug / bird starter mons, maybe one that GF thinks will be the new Lucario / Zoroark, box legendaries, and the new gimmick (galar forms hopefully).

New professor / evil team / rival(s) and that's about it. Also release date is probably likely (I'm betting Nov. 15th)

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2...for-pokegenic/.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2019-06-03 at 11:43 PM.

Astral Chain. It's gonna be a sleeper hit. It's gonna be big though.

A cross between Xenoblade, Cyberpunk, and Technopunk (?) RPG. Due at the end of August. Devs are very silent on reveals.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-06-03 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I really hope we get some Metroid Prime 4 info at E3, even if it's just a brief clip / concept art. I can't imagine they scrapped **everything** from the previous iteration, so they should have something to show even if it's not gameplay.
    Don't think there will be time for it, or worth it for what they could possibly show. Luigis Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing are still releasing this year and we haven't seen anything from them yet. Those are gonna take up massive chunks of their e3 direct. On top of that Astral Chain and Link's Awakening need blowouts because they haven't had anything but small trailers. There is most of your direct right there. Throw in a Smash character announcement, announcement of a future Splatoon 2 patch, a small Pokemon reminder and some 3rd party fluff and that's basically a full show.

Switch drought finally over this month.

June- Mario Maker
    July- Fire Emblem
    August- Astral Chain

After that I think it's gonna shake out like...

Sep- Link's Awakening
    October- Luigi's Mansion 3
    November- Pokemon
    December- Animal Crossing.

Even if it doesn't shake out exactly like that the system is basically getting 1 marque game a month either way. Nintendo should try to spread out their releases more in the future cause the first half of this year was ass(and last year same time period wasn't much better either).

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Don't think there will be time for it, or worth it for what they could possibly show. Luigis Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing are still releasing this year and we haven't seen anything from them yet. Those are gonna take up massive chunks of their e3 direct. On top of that Astral Chain and Link's Awakening need blowouts because they haven't had anything but small trailers. There is most of your direct right there. Throw in a Smash character announcement, announcement of a future Splatoon 2 patch, a small Pokemon reminder and some 3rd party fluff and that's basically a full show.

Switch drought finally over this month.

June- Mario Maker
    July- Fire Emblem
    August- Astral Chain

After that I think it's gonna shake out like...

Sep- Link's Awakening
    October- Luigi's Mansion 3
    November- Pokemon
    December- Animal Crossing.

Even if it doesn't shake out exactly like that the system is basically getting 1 marque game a month either way. Nintendo should try to spread out their releases more in the future cause the first half of this year was ass(and last year same time period wasn't much better either).
    Indeed, Astral Chain, and Animal Crossing.

As for Luigi's Mansion 3, it's really just a rehash of the 3DS version, although a good one.

Pokemon - Not impressed by the trailer, looks like another "Poklemon" game with a forced camera angle, like XD, outside of buildings, yet sort of 3D, joy. Forced. (ie you can't look around.)

The others mentioned are cool, but I'm not interested so much, honestly. But I believe Mario Maker 2 will be hot for some.

Links Awakening - can we have more broken weapons ??

So I grabbed The World Ends With You for like $28+Tax and......

Holy fuck is this game a massive pain in the ass to play, Why couldn't they just use normal controls.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-06-04 at 05:11 AM.