Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So I grabbed The World Ends With You for like $28+Tax and......

Holy fuck is this game a massive pain in the ass to play, Why couldn't they just use normal controls.
    Because game was designed with DS touch screen in mind and why spend money making a good port when you can save money and make a shit one? /s

Sad truth is Square didn't care because they knew people would buy it anyways and it costed them almost nothing. It probably plays okay in touch screen tablet mode but fuck that joy con pointer shit lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It probably plays okay in touch screen tablet mode but fuck that joy con pointer shit lmao.
    It doesn't (IMO).

That's how I have been playing it and OMG its just a massive pain in the ass to move the character and use the ability's you get. Half the time I want to move and he does the attack or vise versa.

I figured well I play portable so the controls may be passable, But fuck no its just a dick. On top of that trying to play it portable means my hands cover up the screen a bit so that's less Gameplay I see.

I'm just going to take the $10 hit and trade it in tomorrow, Like seriously fuck this games controls.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Glad I bought a used copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Glad I bought a used copy.
    Used would have cost me more, Only cost me like $17 out of pocket. The rest was a $5 off coupon and store credit/discount.
    Plus there was no used copy near me anyway.

I figured I may be able to power thought the touch controls but nope fuck it.

Random Thought: I think we are going to get a DS2 (and maybe DS3) Announcement for Switch at Nintendo's Direct.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

My biggest hope with Pokemon is faster menus / animations and a consistent +30 framerate. LGPE was pretty decent, but I booted up ORAS yesterday and it took like 10-12 seconds to even load into a wild pokemon battle and like 30-35 to actually kill it in 2 turns. Not to mention the animations just get longer and longer each gen, more and more to manage yet no inventory sorting, and the FPS tanks HARD in Sun / Moon.

I can deal with the on rails story / handholding (even if I hate those too) since they are temporary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I never thought I'd say this, but if Sword and Shield doesn't add some difficulty modes to the game, then it might be my last Pokemon game. LGPE added Co-op so my girlfriend wanted to play with me but it made it so mind numbingly easy. I just couldn't finish it. Sun and Moon was also really easy and kinda boring. I think Pokemon needs to start catering to their original fans who are in their 20s now. Make a baseline difficulty mode and then another harder difficulty mode. They did it for Pokemon Black, so I don't see why they can't do it again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually play romhacks but i dont have a hacked switch so if ss is boring ill be sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think Pokemon needs to start catering to their original fans who are in their 20s now.
    More likely even 30s, but yes. The last few generations of Pokemon games have had a lack of challenge, but endgame content with any bite has always been a niche element and never a major part of a franchise who's target age doesn't change, even if their audience does.

Also FE:3H and Astral Chain are my pre E3 hypes. Looking forward to seeing what we get after.

I dunno, I never thought I'd say this, but if Sword and Shield doesn't add some difficulty modes to the game, then it might be my last Pokemon game. LGPE added Co-op so my girlfriend wanted to play with me but it made it so mind numbingly easy. I just couldn't finish it. Sun and Moon was also really easy and kinda boring. I think Pokemon needs to start catering to their original fans who are in their 20s now. Make a baseline difficulty mode and then another harder difficulty mode. They did it for Pokemon Black, so I don't see why they can't do it again.
    Download pokemon insurgence if you haven't tried it, pretty much has all 700+ pokemon, new megas, deltas, primals. Multiple difficulty modes and optional extra difficulties like no healing/items/nuzlocke etc. easily better than any real pokemon game, certainly aimed at the older generation rather than children.

Its kind of funny that just the other day as part of a 20th anniversary of the anime the developers of the Digimon games talked about games like Digimon story Cybersleuth and the upcoming switch game Digimon Survive were made "because those original fans didn't go away, they just grew up and still love the series but want games that are not as simplistic and leading you by the hand" which is what pretty much everyone my age that started with red and blue have been wanting to hear from gamefreak for at least a decade now. On one hand it means we get great games like Digimon World Next Order, on the other i wouldn't be surprised if sword/shield has a tutorial before the elite four.

The totem pokemon / beating ultra necrozma were pretty tough. Outside of that, yeah they are too easy, but they've **never** not been.

I hope the new games only have new mons until you beat the elite 4, similar to BW / BW2. Of course, that means we need to get more than we've typically gotten in the last 2 gens, but hope springs eternal.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2019-06-04 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its kind of funny that just the other day as part of a 20th anniversary of the anime the developers of the Digimon games talked about games like Digimon story Cybersleuth and the upcoming switch game Digimon Survive were made "because those original fans didn't go away, they just grew up and still love the series but want games that are not as simplistic and leading you by the hand" which is what pretty much everyone my age that started with red and blue have been wanting to hear from gamefreak for at least a decade now. On one hand it means we get great games like Digimon World Next Order, on the other i wouldn't be surprised if sword/shield has a tutorial before the elite four.
    I mean, that is true for Digimon though. If not for the original fans it would have went the way of the dinosaurs. Pokemon has fans from a crazy span of generations though, from people in their 40s to young kids in the 8-12 year old range. Kids stopped caring about digimon a long, long time ago. They never stopped caring about Pokemon.

Also I get the hand holding complaints with modern Pokemon 100% but not the difficulty complaints. The games have always been easy, people remember their 8 year old self getting bodied in red is not an accurate memory of it's difficulty.

I mean, that is true for Digimon though. If not for the original fans it would have went the way of the dinosaurs. Pokemon has fans from a crazy span of generations though, from people in their 40s to young kids in the 8-12 year old range. Kids stopped caring about digimon a long, long time ago. They never stopped caring about Pokemon.

Also I get the hand holding complaints with modern Pokemon 100% but not the difficulty complaints. The games have always been easy, people remember their 8 year old self getting bodied in red is not an accurate memory of it's difficulty.
    If anything the games have gotten harder, they're just not hard enough because their fanbase has gotten better at videogames.

Just wanted to ask if waiting for this year's black Friday to get a discounted Switch is a wise idea. Any idea if I will be able to find it with a generous discount? Only want it to play the new pokemon game for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Just wanted to ask if waiting for this year's black Friday to get a discounted Switch is a wise idea. Any idea if I will be able to find it with a generous discount? Only want it to play the new pokemon game for now.
    It likely won't be on discount, as in actual MSRP slash but...

1) High chance there is a cheaper model ready for Pokemon launch(could just be a dockless SKU like Japan already has)

and

2) High chance they bundle a game with the MSRP price. Last year they bundled Mario Kart with it for $300 still.

1) High chance there is a cheaper model ready for Pokemon launch(could just be a dockless SKU like Japan already has)

and

2) High chance they bundle a game with the MSRP price. Last year they bundled Mario Kart with it for $300 still.
    So, the best approach would be to simply wait till the release of the new pokemon game and find a bundle with the switch to avoid the 50$ price tag for the game. Do I get that right?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    If anything the games have gotten harder, they're just not hard enough because their fanbase has gotten better at videogames.
    Almost as if learning about IVs/EVs and all the smaller mechanics like stab moves made an easy game even easier.

Almost...

and

Wasn't there also a bundle that came with like a $50 gift card? Close enough also to being able to pick what game you want.

Even if it doesn't shake out exactly like that the system is basically getting 1 marque game a month either way. Nintendo should try to spread out their releases more in the future cause the first half of this year was ass(and last year same time period wasn't much better either).
    I dunno. I think it's a smart decision to release games in the latter half of the year. They will often have a hard time making sales during the first three months after the holidays. (Unless people have high income). Releases between June and December generally are the best times so they can capitalize on the Summer Holidays and Christmas.

Besides. Some of us welcome drought periods so we can finally work through our backlogs. I still have games I haven't even touched on Steam that I purchased about 3 years ago.

Two words. Whitney's Miltank.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2019-06-04 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I dunno. I think it's a smart decision to release games in the latter half of the year. They will often have a hard time making sales during the first three months after the holidays. (Unless people have high income). Releases between June and December generally are the best times so they can capitalize on the Summer Holidays and Christmas.

Besides. Some of us welcome drought periods so we can finally work through our backlogs. I still have games I haven't even touched on Steam that I purchased about 3 years ago.
    Sony, Capcom and Square Enix have all proven this notion wrong that first half of year is bad for sales.

In fact you're likely to see FFVII Remake, TLOU2 and Cyberpunk 2077 all probably releasing in Q1/Q2 of 2020. Only Nintendo has droughts during these months. In fact Nintendo should know better more then anyone since the Switch itself and BoTW where Q1 releases and BoTW is the most successful Zelda game in terms of sales, ever. Even managed to sell a few mil on the dead Wii U ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    So, the best approach would be to simply wait till the release of the new pokemon game and find a bundle with the switch to avoid the 50$ price tag for the game. Do I get that right?
    Probably, if you don't want one until Pokemon you're not risking much by waiting. They won't be sold out like it's launch, pretty sure we can guarantee that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Wasn't there also a bundle that came with like a $50 gift card? Close enough also to being able to pick what game you want.
    Also yea this, I think it was target and gamestop that both offered this.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-06-04 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The games were never hard, but there were definitely earlier games and even later games like B/W2 that had some challenging gyms/elite 4 in them.

2. Does it really matter if they were only hard because I was a kid or not? Hell, that's actually my point. The original fans of Pokemon, the 90s kids, are now older but GameFreak is choosing to cater to the kids of the modern day and are leaving behind their original fanbase, which is idiotic since games have had multiple difficulties forever, so they could cater to the kids who may want an easier experience or the older fans who don't care about difficulty and the older/newer fans who want a more challenging experience. Bump up the levels of all trainer pokemon by 2-4 levels, give Gym leaders 6 pokemon, maybe give regular trainers an extra Pokemon or two and boom, you've got an experience that will put up somewhat of a challenge and keep the game engaging.

Hell, if anything GameFreak is regressing in this regard. The Exp Share change was something I wasn't really on board with, but ultimately I could turn it off so it's fine I suppose, but in LGPE you can't turn it off, which leads to you being crazy overleveled in an already easy game.