Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    From what i have seen so far, it fells very gundam like..
    I checked out the demo and the performance was a mess and that was a massive turnoff.

From what I can tell it looks like it has improved. $60 is a hard sell and I need to see more but I am interested.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    Dude that looks minttt, but even though i play mostly handheld on my fiance’s switch, i’d still prefer to get a regular switch in case i want to play on the TV as well.
    Its not like you can just get the backplates for switch from another site (and ends up looking better).

For example:
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/44/32...fc111ab6c9.jpg

It took me 3 seconds to find a site that sell them. (expensive tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They teased multiplayer games that require buying joy cons. You can turn it into table top mode by doing so.
    Yeah, saw that in the video.

That said, anyone really wanting to play those games would (or should) just buy the regular switch that does that out of the box. Extra Joy Cons are like ~$70 alone. Paying ~$100 more for the full console (if it doesn't go on sale) will get you the detachable joy cons, TV connectivity and a bigger screen.

So it has the option, but IMO you'd be kind of dumb to go that route.

Let alone the fact that the sticks on the switch are known to wear out. If you have to buy another $200 system it’s far worse than new joy cons.
    Great point, I wasn't even thinking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Great point, I wasn't even thinking about that.
    I work at Gamestop and the most common Joy-Con that gets replaced is the Left one due to many reasons.

If they don't improve the quality of the Joy-Con's for this system, people will be selling it within a year as a (parts) sell on ebay or some shit. Providing everything powers on like it should we take in the broken Joy-Con's and ship them out to be repaired.

The same will apply to the Switch Lites as well.

If I'm still working at this company in a year, I feel this is going to be a pain in my ass.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This isn't for me. Holding out for Switch Pro, or maybe just a different bundle where it has a Pro controller in the box but no Joycons, for the same price as a regular Switch. No intention of ever going handheld with it.

Plus handheld mode have game graphics downgraded all the time...

15+ Year Old Account
    The Lite will likely sell a lot of units this holiday season with Pokemon releasing. The main market will be families/people that had a 3ds and have not bought a switch yet due to price and/or wanting to stick with handhelds. Not really interested myself but if they did a Zelda themed one for Link's Awakening I might cave. I'm waiting for the rumoured pro model next year myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Special edition version:

In addition to this, a special edition Nintendo Switch Lite with decals based on Zacian and Zamazenta has also been revealed. It'll be released on November 8th 2019 in Europe & North America and November 1st 2019 in Japan
    That looks pretty nice, but I already have a switch, and don't use it undocked, so no real point in me buying it

Its not like you can just get the backplates for switch from another site (and ends up looking better).

For example:
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/44/32...fc111ab6c9.jpg

It took me 3 seconds to find a site that sell them. (expensive tho)
    Not just the backplate though, the buttons and thumbsticks as well, they look dope as helllll

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I work at Gamestop and the most common Joy-Con that gets replaced is the Left one due to many reasons.

If they don't improve the quality of the Joy-Con's for this system, people will be selling it within a year as a (parts) sell on ebay or some shit. Providing everything powers on like it should we take in the broken Joy-Con's and ship them out to be repaired.

The same will apply to the Switch Lites as well.

If I'm still working at this company in a year, I feel this is going to be a pain in my ass.
    My son had a switch for a long time and he played the shit out of Fortnite on it for months and we never saw any issues with the JoyCons aside from them not attaching to the screen very securely. I say had, because he ended up cracking the screen so bad you can't see it anymore, and the dock hasn't worked in months so...it's a brick righ now. Figuring out what to do with it, but I'll likely wait a bit and pay the ~$115 total repair fee myself (rather than waiting for my son to pay for it, because he's 11 and that would take a LONG time) and take it for myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Switch V1.5 coming in addition to the lite as per their recent fcc filing.

https://www.techradar.com/news/upgra...-to-fcc-filing
    I have a felling its gona use cheaper parts. They did it with 3ds line.

Likely just means they found cheaper solutions and will make a larger profit on the base system with those changes. Possibly a memory increase and possibly better battery life if they shrunk the tegra but highly doubtful of any real performance increases or Nintendo wouldn't be trying to stealth it out to release saying they only have 1 new model.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a minor revision. Most likely just cheaper/newer parts of cheaper production. At the very best there could be some battery life gains if the new chip uses less power than the current model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Switch seems to have a digital summer sale it seems. Looking at games right now:
    Katamari damacy reroll 14 euro (30%)
    Valkyria c 4 30 euro (50%)
    Everspace 28 euro (30%)
    Steins gate 30 euro (50%)
    Shining resorance refrain 25 euro (50%)
    Dragonball fighter z ultimate edition 60 euro (42%)
    Octopath traveler 40 euro (33%)
    ...and more

But seems kinda pointless due to so many games coming out soon.

Switch seems to have a digital summer sale it seems. Looking at games right now:
    Katamari damacy reroll 14 euro (30%)
    Valkyria c 4 30 euro (50%)
    Everspace 28 euro (30%)
    Steins gate 30 euro (50%)
    Shining resorance refrain 25 euro (50%)
    Dragonball fighter z ultimate edition 60 euro (42%)
    Octopath traveler 40 euro (33%)
    ...and more

But seems kinda pointless due to so many games coming out soon.
    For those who haven't played Steins;Gate yet, that game is spectacular.

edited: as mentioned below, Switch port may be subpar, might want to try it on PC instead, amazing game though.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-07-11 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    For those who haven't played Steins;Gate yet, that game is spectacular.
    Elite version is ass and butchers the original art with the trash anime style. Also has loads of missing scenes. Hard to recommend it when you can get the original version for much cheaper on PC/Vita/PS4/PS3.

But on a slightly happier note Robotics;Notes Elite does not suffer from this same fate and is actually the definitive version of the game and that will be out in the west early next year on Switch(and other platforms).

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Elite version is ass and butchers the original art with the trash anime style. Also has loads of missing scenes. Hard to recommend it when you can get the original version for much cheaper on PC/Vita/PS4/PS3.
    Ah, didn't realize the Switch port was poor. Yeah, get it on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

But on a slightly happier note Robotics;Notes Elite does not suffer from this same fate and is actually the definitive version of the game and that will be out in the west early next year on Switch(and other platforms).
    I don't think the anime style is that bad, but the original art style definitely has a stronger pull I'd say.

Especially comparing Steins;Gate 0 Okabe to S;G0 Anime Okabe. One looks far, far more depressed (The VN one of course)

Missing scenes is awful though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't think the anime style is that bad, but the original art style definitely has a stronger pull I'd say.

Especially comparing Steins;Gate 0 Okabe to S;G0 Anime Okabe. One looks far, far more depressed (The VN one of course)

Missing scenes is awful though.
    I don't think the anime style is that bad for the actual anime. But for a VN it's pretty damn bad when it just pauses and leaves you at a bland looking anime scene while you read/listen. No nice back grounds, no animated portraits etc. It was a terrible idea to try and make the anime into the VN, it just doesn't mix.