1. #25961
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    The Sharp OGZO screen is not included in the revised Switch, BUT there is a slightly different screen. It isn't a potluck thing as Tech suggests (wait, he's wrong about something? Say it isn't so....;-p ). There have also been people doing color, light, and other tests and the revised switch's screen is brighter and has warmer colors, which has been attributed to possibly a new panel assembly or a better backlight or something. In one of the tests it showed the revised version would also be better played in bright light, such as outdoors. Spawn wave himself also states the screen is brighter and better, and when he pulled the screen itself out mentioned its a newer model Innolux screen... So there IS an actual different screen.
    Again, wrong literally look at any threads about the Switch screen. The old Switch was a screen lottery, and so is the new one. The N3DS had an LCD lottery as well. Even remotely trying to claim every LCD in a nintendo product is the same is hilarious. At least they are actually all IPS now, unlike with the N3DS where you could get one that was TN lmao.

    People have literally bought new Switches that have an inferior screen to their old one. Nintendo uses what it gets, they don't give a shit about keeping quality same across the board when it comes to screens and never have. People seeing a better screen on their new Switches are because they had an old one that had a shitty one, not because they're putting some new and improved one in there.

    Even if there is an actual difference in the screen models it means nothing, you are always rolling the dice when buying a Nintendo product when it comes to the screen, and people complaining their new ones has worse colors then their old one all over reddit is another glaring example of this.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-08-14 at 03:44 AM.

  2. #25962
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Again, wrong literally look at any threads about the Switch screen. The old Switch was a screen lottery, and so is the new one. The N3DS had an LCD lottery as well. Even remotely trying to claim every LCD in a nintendo product is the same is hilarious. At least they are actually all IPS now, unlike with the N3DS where you could get one that was TN lmao.

    People have literally bought new Switches that have an inferior screen to their old one. Nintendo uses what it gets, they don't give a shit about keeping quality same across the board when it comes to screens and never have. People seeing a better screen on their new Switches are because they had an old one that had a shitty one, not because they're putting some new and improved one in there.
    This is false. For a long time the screens were all the same across nintendo’s handhelds of a particular model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  3. #25963
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This is false. For a long time the screens were all the same across nintendo’s handhelds of a particular model.
    LOL, no. I got the Monster Hunter New 3DSXL when it came out and my cousin got the regular color a few months later. I got a very sharp IPS panel on mine and his was a washed out TN panel.

    I'll be using that 3DS until its guts rot out. Already replaced the battery once.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

  4. #25964
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    LOL, no. I got the Monster Hunter New 3DSXL when it came out and my cousin got the regular color a few months later. I got a very sharp IPS panel on mine and his was a washed out TN panel.

    I'll be using that 3DS until its guts rot out. Already replaced the battery once.
    Wow. That totally indicates they NEVER used the same screens for a system. /s

    You might want to check the 25 years before the 3ds was a thing for referece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  5. #25965
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wow. That totally indicates they NEVER used the same screens for a system. /s

    You might want to check the 25 years before the 3ds was a thing for referece.
    I didn't realize we where talking ancient history my dude.

  6. #25966
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I didn't realize we where talking ancient history my dude.
    You said never my dude. That includes all of hsitory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  7. #25967
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wow. That totally indicates they NEVER used the same screens for a system. /s

    You might want to check the 25 years before the 3ds was a thing for referece.
    Could have sworn we were talking about the 3DS and Switch systems here. Why are you dredging up shit that doesn't matter with this discussion?
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

  8. #25968
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Again, wrong literally look at any threads about the Switch screen. The old Switch was a screen lottery, and so is the new one. The N3DS had an LCD lottery as well. Even remotely trying to claim every LCD in a nintendo product is the same is hilarious. At least they are actually all IPS now, unlike with the N3DS where you could get one that was TN lmao.

    People have literally bought new Switches that have an inferior screen to their old one. Nintendo uses what it gets, they don't give a shit about keeping quality same across the board when it comes to screens and never have. People seeing a better screen on their new Switches are because they had an old one that had a shitty one, not because they're putting some new and improved one in there.

    Even if there is an actual difference in the screen models it means nothing, you are always rolling the dice when buying a Nintendo product when it comes to the screen, and people complaining their new ones has worse colors then their old one all over reddit is another glaring example of this.
    Of course there can always be a level of quality difference between screens (or anything electronic for that matter) but in general a company will use the same model # of a part from a specific company until there's an agreement made to change the part between the supplier and the manufacturer. If Apple starts using Samsung panels for a specific model iphone they will always use the same part # until either samsung says they have an improved/updated model to offer and/or Apple requests one. They don't make the first ten phones with screen A01 then the next five with screen B02 then back to A01 for the next twenty and so on and so forth. If they did that there would be a major problem in quality control just internally, much less to meet the specs and FCC patent requirements. But sure every fifth screen A01 might be a little off or something, not every single part is going to be built perfectly and match every single time.

    There have been several breakdowns of the original switch showing one particular screen model. Now with spawn wave's breakdown of his, a newer model # was found and it wouldn't surprise me if other people find the same, which suggests there's a different screen in there. Not to mention that every person I've seen comparing the revised Switch have all mentioned the screen looks better, not even including the actual tests that have been done to show there is quite a difference. Hopefully DF will do a review of it and people will take a little notice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    LOL, no. I got the Monster Hunter New 3DSXL when it came out and my cousin got the regular color a few months later. I got a very sharp IPS panel on mine and his was a washed out TN panel.

    I'll be using that 3DS until its guts rot out. Already replaced the battery once.

    You aren't disproving what Vegas said. You are talking about two different models. He suggested the same screen for the SAME model.

  9. #25969
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    You aren't disproving what Vegas said. You are talking about two different models. He suggested the same screen for the SAME model.
    Except he is talking about the same model. Having a different paint job doesn't make it a different model lmao. N3DSXL was the model, it's not like he was talking about a N3DS, 3DSXL, 2DS etc...

    Imagine thinking a LE console is a different model because it has a different paint job on the outside, with that I think we're done with this convo lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-08-14 at 05:30 PM.

  10. #25970
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Except he is talking about the same model. Having a different paint job doesn't make it a different model lmao. N3DSXL was the model, it's not like he was talking about a N3DS, 3DSXL, 2DS etc...

    Imagine thinking a LE console is a different model because it has a different paint job on the outside, with that I think we're done with this convo lol.
    Imagine that, you only reply to the one item you think I'm wrong on but no reply to my correction of YOUR false statements. You keep saying you're done replying to me but yet you keep replying. I know it kills you to not want to tell someone they are wrong.

    But you're wrong yet again. there were newer versions of the 3DS XL that came out after the first launch that had the IPS screens, much like this revised version of the Switch has a different model # screen inside. The older 3DS XL version had a TN screen but they later revised the model with a new IPS screen. Sounds like Vegas' friend got the older version. So, ok, sure, the "model" was the same (poor choice of word on my part I guess) but it got a "revised" edition later too, just like this newer revised Switch...

    Need some proof professor: https://www.geek.com/games/new-3ds-x...s-not-1617933/ That's just one report on the update that happened...

  11. #25971
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,117
    That article you linked proved you wrong btw. You keep mixing different generations of the XL model while I've just been talking about the New 3DS XL that was released in early 2015.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

  12. #25972
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    That article you linked proved you wrong btw. You keep mixing different generations of the XL model while I've just been talking about the New 3DS XL that was released in early 2015.
    Uh, yes. Did you not see the date on that article? it was reported for the 2015 releases. The 3DS XL first released in 2012 and had the TN screens up to and throughout 2015. In 2015 the ones with the IPS screen were starting to come out, as talked about in the article. Though it wouldn't surprise me if there were quality gaps/snafus as you suggest, it was 2015 when the IPS screens started being installed.

  13. #25973
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,117
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Uh, yes. Did you not see the date on that article? it was reported for the 2015 releases. The 3DS XL first released in 2012 and had the TN screens up to and throughout 2015. In 2015 the ones with the IPS screen were starting to come out, as talked about in the article. Though it wouldn't surprise me if there were quality gaps/snafus as you suggest, it was 2015 when the IPS screens started being installed.
    Yes because the New 3DS XL was a souped up version of the the 2012 model and basically a new machine altogether. We were never talking about the 2012 model here as that is irrelevant to this discussion btw. Starting with the 2015 New 3DS XL, Nintendo was using two different screens for that same model and my cousin and I got vastly differing screens for the same model. I lucked out and got the IPS screen. and him the TN screen.

    Nintendo used two entirely different screens for the same 2015 model of the XL (which is a basically a whole different machine than the original XL mind you) and that is all I was discussing.

    For some reason you've been on a time-traveling crusade trying to prove people wrong about stuff we weren't discussing to begin with.

    Why?
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

  14. #25974
    The Lightbringer TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KFC and Watermelon
    Posts
    3,802
    Damn, leave it to a bunch of virgins to ruin the Nintendo thread with pointless arguing. :|

  15. #25975
    Elemental Lord Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    8,862
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Damn, leave it to a bunch of virgins to ruin the Nintendo thread with pointless arguing. :|
    Is this pointless?

    For those in the US, Amazon have announced that if you purchase the Double Pack before November 14th, you'll get a serial code for the gold stud backpack. Download codes for it will then be sent from November 15th 2019
    (pokemon sword and shield)

    I loled at that pre-order.

  16. #25976
    The Lightbringer TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KFC and Watermelon
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Is this pointless?

    For those in the US, Amazon have announced that if you purchase the Double Pack before November 14th, you'll get a serial code for the gold stud backpack. Download codes for it will then be sent from November 15th 2019
    (pokemon sword and shield)

    I loled at that pre-order.
    I pre-ordered it in EU so fk me

  17. #25977
    Legendary! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,930
    >Preordering video games
    >Buying Sword and Shield at all

    WEW LADS!

  18. #25978
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    >Preordering video games
    >Buying Sword and Shield at all

    WEW LADS!



    I also have Sword preordered but still deciding on which one I'm keeping as only mental midgets buy both copies of a Pokemon game for personal use.


    Edit: MORE TRIGGERING FUN!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

  19. #25979
    Elemental Lord Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    8,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    >Preordering video games
    >NOT Buying Sword and Shield at all

    WEW LADS!
    I will trigger with this:


    Rip my vallet. Didnt order astral chain tho as i lack to much info.

  20. #25980
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,117
    Nicely done! lol
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •