15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Then why are you posting this? The point is that the joysticks aren’t the same as V1 and claiming Nintendo was “too cheap” to address the drift issues is fallacious. We have no indication that these issues are related to the redesigned joysticks as the issues are only happening on the lite. The v2 uses the exact same part and we’re not seeing similar reports related to them.
    None of what you said suggests it isn't drift. Drift is drift is drift. It is the joysticks drifting away from their stationary point. Or however you would prefer to phrase it. Whether that drift is caused by wear and tear or manufacturing default is irrelevant to my post. You went on and on and on needling someone over not calling drift what it is because of how the drift began.

Scrambled eggs and fried eggs are still cooked fuckin eggs.
    Eggs bought from the store or eggs bought from the farm? Still eggs.

Then why are you posting this? The point is that the joysticks aren’t the same as V1 and claiming Nintendo was “too cheap” to address the drift issues is fallacious. We have no indication that these issues are related to the redesigned joysticks as the issues are only happening on the lite. The v2 uses the exact same part and we’re not seeing similar reports related to them.
    They can't be too cheap to address it since they are giving free repairs for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    They can't be too cheap to address it since they are giving free repairs for it.
    They are giving those free repairs in NA only because they're facing a US class action lawsuit over it there.

They did not extend that policy to other regions with joycon repairs, such as countries handled by NoE.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They are giving those free repairs in NA only because they're facing a US class action lawsuit over it there.

They did not extend that policy to other regions with joycon repairs, such as countries handled by NoE.
    NoA started covering the free repairs before the lawsuit existed, so I feel like this is more on NoE just being shit not NoA being forced into doing it. Let's be honest with how class action suits work in the US Nintendo could hold the case up for years in court and then settle and after the lawyers get their cuts consumers will be looking at a $5 check in the mail in a decade. They don't have to fix them for free, but they are.

Can someone recommend some good adventure games for Switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendolover View Post
    Can someone recommend some good adventure games for Switch?
    Breath of the Wild, Hollow Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

They are supposed to be giving those repairs out for free everywhere. Some other country's Nintendo places are ignoring the request by Nintendo to do it for free.

7+ Year Old Account
    The v2 is kinda awesome. The tighter rails really makes it feel solid on the go. And the split pad pro or a grip can make it even better.
    I thought the rails felt tighter, but at first I just thought was because it was new and my old Switch which I gave to a friend (I had been waffling on upgrading just for battery life alone, but I had a friend that wanted a Switch and had no way to get one so used that as an excuse to upgrade), was 2 years old so they weren't as tight anymore. The extra battery life is amazing compared to the old one though. Me and my roommate were playing Mario Kart in the BMV for about an hour a couple weeks ago...mine was still at 95% after that hour while my roommate's was down to like 82 in the same time (both started at 100%). Also, people think the screen is "more red"...but it's actually not. It's brighter, but it has a more accurate color temperature. It's more accurate to say the original Switch's display was shifted too much toward the blue. I've seen color temperature measurements and the screen on the new one is actually what it's supposed to be.

But ugh, this Spyro game. I've given up on Spyro 2 at 11%. I can't complete the first speedway. I got the gems and the orb, but for the last part you have to complete it in under 1:10 and I have not been able to do it in many hundreds of attempts and in excess of 8 hours. I guess the game ends here. It would be one thing if it were an optional challenge, but it's not, it's required for completion.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-10-06 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    But ugh, this Spyro game. I've given up on Spyro 2 at 11%. I can't complete the first speedway. I got the gems and the orb, but for the last part you have to complete it in under 1:10 and I have not been able to do it in many hundreds of attempts and in excess of 8 hours. I guess the game ends here. It would be one thing if it were an optional challenge, but it's not, it's required for completion.
    It is optional tho', you can finish the game without doing it. It's not a 100% finish but you'll conclude the entirety of game and will not miss out on anything.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It is optional tho', you can finish the game without doing it. It's not a 100% finish but you'll conclude the entirety of game and will not miss out on anything.
    I finally did it after 500 ish attempts. I've heard the rest of the speedways are easier. We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    That moment when you get a surprise Amazon shipping notice and you forgot you ordered Gun Gun Pixies and should have cancelled it.

Gonna send it back and wait for a Steam sale later instead.

Also got my physical copy of Freedom Planet and will be giving that a play through again on classic mode while at work later.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Just hopped on to say that DQXI: S on Switch is crazy good, and imo, a must play jrpg if you haven't already played it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Just hopped on to say that DQXI: S on Switch is crazy good, and imo, a must play jrpg if you haven't already played it.
    I'm still salty that the music from the Definitive Edition hasn't been released for the PC version, since that's the one I have. Definitely one of the best JRPG's in a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'm still salty that the music from the Definitive Edition hasn't been released for the PC version, since that's the one I have. Definitely one of the best JRPG's in a while though.
    It likely won't ever be because the composer is a dick. He's not even that good though and the soundtrack is still meh even when it's orchestrated. They likely licensed the music for the Switch version only as a bonus to try and get double dippers, and they probably paid him an ass load of money for it to the point where it's not realistic to patch into the PS4/PC versions for his asking price.

Didn't the dude literally send ISP notices to people torrenting the orchestrated music mod? This dude is legit insane and you will never see it officially on PC.

Overall though DQXI is a great game in spite of it's soundtrack not so much because of it so w/e. Compared to most games coming out of Japan it's soundtrack is pretty weak and dated.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-10-11 at 09:16 PM.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So TLDL Witcher 3 is impressive for handheld and looks like absolute garbage docked so buy it if you want to play it portable and play another version if you want it on the big screen.

I do disagree with the DF take on the water. Witcher 3 water isn't that impressive. Super Mario Odyssey is definitely better for one, and isn't Black Flag on Switch? Black Flag has WAAAAY better water then Witcher 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So TLDL Witcher 3 is impressive for handheld and looks like absolute garbage docked so buy it if you want to play it portable and play another version if you want it on the big screen.

I do disagree with the DF take on the water. Witcher 3 water isn't that impressive. Super Mario Odyssey is definitely better for one, and isn't Black Flag on Switch? Black Flag has WAAAAY better water then Witcher 3.
    Ya I was kinda WTF on the water comment, Even BOTW has better water.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So the Nintendo twitter accounts just started announcing Blizzard cancelled their Overwatch launch events in places like new york like 36 hours before they happened and its great seeing places like the switch reddit struggle to try and keep it on lockdown without saying its because they dont want people mentioning hong kong. What an amazing whirlwind shitstorm this is to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So the Nintendo twitter accounts just started announcing Blizzard cancelled their Overwatch launch events in places like new york like 36 hours before they happened and its great seeing places like the switch reddit struggle to try and keep it on lockdown without saying its because they dont want people mentioning hong kong. What an amazing whirlwind shitstorm this is to watch.
    Any Blizzard related is gonna get protests their Chinese masters don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. The Blizzard I liked hasn't existed for quite a while now so if they want to shoot themselves in the foot then hopefully it'll be a lesson learned by other companies that I do still root for.