15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's just a prank, obvs.

That's awful though. In both these cases, if they just checked the box, it would have solved the issue.
    I was more mad about the artbook but i have 週刊ファミ通編集部 XENOBLADE2 Official Art Works ALST Record Illustration Book Xenoblade https://www.amazon.com/dp/4047333670..._HKa7Db11D9CX2 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Uh, you know that shrink wrap isn't hard to put on a game right?
    It wasn't shrink wrap. It was the same tight plastic seal that comes on all games. Also maybe that is just considered shrink wrap anyway but the point is it was the standard factory seal type

And if you're going to say that isn't hard to put on, I'd also follow that up by pointing out "Do you really think GAMESTOP would go that far?".

The disc was also in pristine condition, no fingerprints or scratches. The only thing that was off was the box itself was dented, like the CE box.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I was more mad about the artbook but i have 週刊ファミ通編集部 XENOBLADE2 Official Art Works ALST Record Illustration Book Xenoblade https://www.amazon.com/dp/4047333670..._HKa7Db11D9CX2 anyway
    The who the what now

That's actually not a bad price though for what I'm guessing is an imported art book

15+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't shrink wrap. It was the same tight plastic seal that comes on all games. Also maybe that is just considered shrink wrap anyway but the point is it was the standard factory seal type

And if you're going to say that isn't hard to put on, I'd also follow that up by pointing out "Do you really think GAMESTOP would go that far?".

The disc was also in pristine condition, no fingerprints or scratches. The only thing that was off was the box itself was dented, like the CE box.

The who the what now

That's actually not a bad price though for what I'm guessing is an imported art book
    Well i got mine for normal price because i preordered it but anyway its a good book but it makes me mad because theres clearly better designs they could have used

Gamestop doesn't shrink wrap games.

Any game you buy used but is still sealed it is because it was a New to Used Conversion. In short when a game is no longer being produced all the new stock gets moved into used.

Happens all the time but mostly with smaller indie titles or sports titles.

(And now I'm having PTSD flash backs to all the Mass Effect Andromeda copies we had when this happen LOL)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-07 at 08:56 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well yea, he's wrong. Gamestop doesn't even re-seal used products ever. Hell, the only thing they will re-seal is if it's a gutted "new" game and the customer specifically asks for a sealed copy but they have none. And even then- it's obviously different from the manufacturing seal.

Gamestop lists shit as used once it's not relevant anymore and need to clear stock, that's what this was basically.

Well i got mine for normal price because i preordered it but anyway its a good book but it makes me mad because theres clearly better designs they could have used
    Are we talking designs or "designs" or both
    I can never tell anymore.

I guess the normal price was more than that though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well yea, he's wrong. Gamestop doesn't even re-seal used products ever. Hell, the only thing they will re-seal is if it's a gutted "new" game and the customer specifically asks for a sealed copy but they have none. And even then- it's obviously different from the manufacturing seal.

Gamestop lists shit as used once it's not relevant anymore and need to clear stock, that's what this was basically.
    That's basically what I was thinking in the end, since it was thrown up on their top shelf tucked away where all the misfits end up going (Like the Jump Force collector editions that are still sitting around almost every Gamestop I think).

The only stores I think I've ever seen bother to actually reseal are places like Walmart? And yeah, it's an obvious difference that's why i was sure it wasn't done in this case.

Its retail, that is bait advertising.

They're not trying to keep their muffins fresh for lunch.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking designs or "designs" or both
    I can never tell anymore.

I guess the normal price was more than that though?

That's basically what I was thinking in the end, since it was thrown up on their top shelf tucked away where all the misfits end up going (Like the Jump Force collector editions that are still sitting around almost every Gamestop I think).

The only stores I think I've ever seen bother to actually reseal are places like Walmart? And yeah, it's an obvious difference that's why i was sure it wasn't done in this case.
    Concept art

Concept art
    That was suppose to be a joke if it's one of those things like, "The character was skimpier here" or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was suppose to be a joke if it's one of those things like, "The character was skimpier here" or something.
    Well i dont care about how slutty a girl dresses as long as its not censored, but i was mainly talking about hair

Also worth nothing there is no such thing as a used CE at gamestop in the first place. They don't take a trade in of a CE, they would take the game and give you the rest back. It's just a discounted price to sell it and only marked as used so it can be used with the various used offers that may be going on at the time, or with used PUR coupons.

I’ve gotten shrink wrapped used games from gamestop, mostly through their website. All of them had been resurfaced though.
    How the warehouse handles things may be different.

The stores do not shrink wrap games.

- - - Updated - - -

Also worth nothing there is no such thing as a used CE at gamestop in the first place. They don't take a trade in of a CE, they would take the game and give you the rest back. It's just a discounted price to sell it and only marked as used so it can be used with the various used offers that may be going on at the time, or with used PUR coupons.
    If its like a special edition (just a box or case) nothing huge it will depend the store but ya it adds no value. I let people know they can keep the extra stuff if they want if not ill just package it together.

Its actually how I got my limited edition Oblivion for XB360.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I never said the stores did it, just that they’ve sold them that way before. And I’m pretty sure they don’t do resurfacing in their warehouses...
    Joe said he bought the game in a store wrapped up and you said.....
    Implying stores does this when they don't.

Also the Warehouse does do resurfacing to both games and systems.

No, stores sometimes get inventory from these things called warehouses. Even used inventory. And if they’re doing refurbishing in their warehouse I’d like to see your evidence.
    And if the store got a "sealed used game" shipped to them they would open it because used games are stored in slips in the drawers not in their cases, which just sit on the wall for customers to bring to the counter.

Like why are you trying to tell a person who works at gamestop how gamestop works, because it's clear you have no idea lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    How can i get out? This nightmare ive got to escape

How can i get out? This nightmare ive got to escape
    Do you want to sign up for PUR Pro?

Do you also know you can bring in all your tech to trade in?

Do you also know about are current trade in specials?

Do you want to preorder next years Call of Duty?

You can run but you can't hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just screaming. You hear them over and over

No, stores sometimes get inventory from these things called warehouses. Even used inventory. And if they’re doing refurbishing in their warehouse I’d like to see your evidence.
    You do realize your talking to someone who works for the company right?

Example of a system getting resurfaced.

See his system and see where the glossy finish is gone, Its because they resurfaced it. Anyone can resurface a system, even you can do it. All you need is the right equipment or a cheap system that does it.

- - - Updated - - -

And if the store got a "sealed used game" shipped to them they would open it because used games are stored in slips in the drawers not in their cases, which just sit on the wall for customers to bring to the counter.

Like why are you trying to tell a person who works at gamestop how gamestop works, because it's clear you have no idea lol.
    Slight correction.

Some stores do leave games in their case when in the drawers, but that's only when they hit the max amount on the floor. For my store unless its the holidays the max display case is 2 (holidays is 3).

But you are correct any that come to us sealed and are labeled as used gets opened and that's mainly cause we got to ID it anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Riiight, and they open new games as well.
    Yep cause we got to have a case on the floor to display, unless you want to spend the money to get the stores glass sealed cases.

I’m mostly questioning the warehouses doing refurbishment as warehouses aren’t suitable for such practices.

For reference, GameStop has refurb centers(meaning they don’t do that shit in dirty as fuck warehouses).
    You do realize those refurb centers are in warehouses right? Same type of building and everything, that's why most (who actually work there) just call it a warehouse. Even the stickers that print out to ship them are labeled (Return to WH).

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want to sign up for PUR Pro?

Do you also know you can bring in all your tech to trade in?

Do you also know about are current trade in specials?

Do you want to preorder next years Call of Duty?

You can run but you can't hide.
    Thankfully they are cutting back on all of that shit. Whenever I had to ask anything I made it short and simple (Do you want to reserve anything) if they say no I leave it at that. Only time I added more is if lets say they are buying a PS4 game and we still can do reserves on The Last of US 2 CE I let them know.

I never did that whole (tell them a million things as they walk though the door) shit.

Slightnote the new PUR system is shit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thankfully they are cutting back on all of that shit. Whenever I had to ask anything I made it short and simple (Do you want to reserve anything) if they say no I leave it at that. Only time I added more is if lets say they are buying a PS4 game and we still can do reserves on The Last of US 2 CE I let them know.

I never did that whole (tell them a million things as they walk though the door) shit.

Slightnote the new PUR system is shit.
    I will never forget the time they forced an insurance for a game on me.

Never asked, just tacked it on.

I'm sure that's sketchy and not allowed, but at the same time I felt more like "well, it was only like $4, and they probably feel like their jobs at risk anyway and I'd blame the corporation for forcing them to do this"

I will never forget the time they forced an insurance for a game on me.

Never asked, just tacked it on.

I'm sure that's sketchy and not allowed, but at the same time I felt more like "well, it was only like $4, and they probably feel like their jobs at risk anyway and I'd blame the corporation for forcing them to do this"
    That is 100% not allowed.

What a lot of stores did was put it on and be like (hey its $66 after the $3 warranty do you want it) but a lot of employee's would "forget" the last bit and just charge it.

That is 100% not allowed and can result and the employee being fired if it happens enough. It happen a couple times to me as well and I got it refunded.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 07:18 AM.