Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Yes they did,

Now I wouldn't normally troll through a months of internet history to prove a point.... but it came from

My mothers, mothers, sisters, cousins, mothers, granddaughters, butler
    Here is one of the first results that's 6 days old

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/x...-back-on-rails

No they did not.
    Atleast microsoft doubled down on saying no delay so far. Sony hasn't said anything. So it is indeed false information. However this is a switch thread, so it should be discussed in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Narrative in those two games is strong enough that you don't need Awakening/Fates style eugenics for it to sell well. 3H stripped all of that out besides a small epilogue scene, and it still did well in sales on Switch.
    3H didn't get rid of that stuff at all, they definitely toned down the weird AF petting mini games which are now just some weird bonus for perfect tea times but the game is full of literal waifu and husbando bait. Hell with the DLC even they even added a feature to force the pairings you want.

While 3H is definitely less weird, it's still in the slice of life character development category that leads to waifus and what not, unlike the older FH games which are literally just story shit happens->battle->story shit happens->battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I dont know, those games dont have waifu mechanics the fire emblem fandom might not like them
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    3H didn't get rid of that stuff at all, they definitely toned down the weird AF petting mini games which are now just some weird bonus for perfect tea times but the game is full of literal waifu and husbando bait. Hell with the DLC even they even added a feature to force the pairings you want.

While 3H is definitely less weird, it's still in the slice of life character development category that leads to waifus and what not, unlike the older FH games which are literally just story shit happens->battle->story shit happens->battle.
    ^

I personally became interested in (modern) Fire Emblem because of the slice of life elements. I'm personally more invested in a game when I am invested in the characters. I become invested in the characters when I get to see more of them, when I get to see other sides of them that you wouldn't normally see during an action plot, when I get to see them interact with other characters and grow. I think I spent more time doing My Castle stuff and grinding supports in Fates then I did actually doing the actual plot (I have like 100 or 200 something hours logged on Fates on my 3DS, and I only ever finished Birthright. I stopped about 2/3rds of the way through Conquest. Never got to Revelation or the DLC).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if I want a port of Super Mario 64 and Sunshine, I want them to be full visual upgrades. I don't think Sunshine needs much work, really, to be made to look like a current gen Switch game, but SM64 is so dated now in both it's controls as well as it's visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Here is one of the first results that's 6 days old

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/x...-back-on-rails

No they did not.
    Atleast microsoft doubled down on saying no delay so far. Sony hasn't said anything. So it is indeed false information. However this is a switch thread, so it should be discussed in another thread
    How dare you sir
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The only company that hates their back catalog more then Nintendo is Sega. They would rather fund shitty ass brand new RPGs like the new Sakura Wars or Valkyria Revolution then simply remaster classic games like Jet Set Radio Future or Skies of Arcadia. They can't argue about profitability either when the 2 games I listed sold like dog shit.
    They did remaster Panzer Dragoon, so there's always hope.

Also the older FE games sold well, the downturn was Shadow Dragon, which was trying to be a loyal port of the original game and came with the accompanying outdated mechanics.

Also online mode was stuffed full of cheaters.

The Tellius games had downtime in the camp, character interactions and small chit chat that may or may not have supplanted hints for future battles or helped you recruit certain characters.

Also Ike is popular in Smash, be nice to play the first game again without shelling out 150 quid for a disc.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I mean if I want a port of Super Mario 64 and Sunshine, I want them to be full visual upgrades. I don't think Sunshine needs much work, really, to be made to look like a current gen Switch game, but SM64 is so dated now in both it's controls as well as it's visuals.
    They already fully remade the hub world of SM64 in SMO, so I kind of feel like they could remake the enitire game quite easily if they wanted to.

They could probably reuse a lot of art assets from odyssey tbh, sunshine would probably require more work due to fludd.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They could probably reuse a lot of art assets from odyssey tbh, sunshine would probably require more work due to fludd.
    Yea Sunshine also looks good enough you can just throw higher res textures in and render it at 1080p/60 with some modern lighting effects and it will look great. Same with Galaxy 1/2.

64 needs a remake to look good but they already remade hub world, already can use Mario, Bowser, Toad, Yoshi, Peach, Goomba, grass, tree, ice etc HD assets they already have. They would really only need to program the game to work and create a handful of new assets for the few levels that can't copy and paste from.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They definitely need to make the FLUDD mechanics less tedious. That shit got irritating by the time I got to the end.

Also, dear Nintendo: Gib Pikmin Trilogy remaster please

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post

Also, dear Nintendo: Gib Pikmin Trilogy remaster please
    No joke about that. Also, whatever happened to that “finished” Pikmin game from like 5 years ago? I hope it wasn’t Hello Pikmin...

This event in Animal Crossing is gonna get old real fast, it is way too early in the release to replace half of all wood and fish drops with freaking eggs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    This event in Animal Crossing is gonna get old real fast, it is way too early in the release to replace half of all wood and fish drops with freaking eggs.
    Craft them into the suits and sell them for double profit. That's how I'm handling it. I've already crafted everything, and I've no intention of stockpiling any of it.

Maybe if I can get my house upgraded I'll save the furniture, but otherwise it's all going away.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I'm just collecting fossils, building bridges/slopes, buying new clothes/furniture each day and doing turnip market shit for the time being. Absolute waste of time to try and do anything else right now. No interest in the shitty easter decorations and furniture. My AC play time is well under an hour a day right now. Not even gonna bother to start on the new april fish until these shitty ass eggs are gone.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-04-04 at 07:27 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    ACNH needs a quality of life fix. Crafting multiple items. It's time consuming as hell trying to make Fish Bait. Bad enough that you have to farm Manila clams which can take a while to make enough bait, then you have to spam the A button until all of your bait is made. Just give us the option to make multiples.

Also, getting crafting patterns when I can't make the prerequisite item is a bit stupid.

20 minutes fishing in animal crossing and nothing but eggs. I get what they wanted to try with this holiday but this was a mistake.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    20 minutes fishing in animal crossing and nothing but eggs. I get what they wanted to try with this holiday but this was a mistake.
    Especially since crafting the stuff is stupid, everything looks like butt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So far it appears that the eggs are only medium shadows. I get actual fish for any small or large shadows. Using fish bait also gives me an actual fish spawn every time, so I've been able to get medium fish that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    So far it appears that the eggs are only medium shadows. I get actual fish for any small or large shadows. Using fish bait also gives me an actual fish spawn every time, so I've been able to get medium fish that way.
    I've gotten numerous egss from all sizes of shadows in the water, so I am not sure it's set in stone.

On the note of AC, is there a way to stay inside Timmy's menu when you are selling? It's annoying that I can stay within the menu to buy stuff but not sell...

Also, in regards to 1st party Nintendo games never being on sale, Gamestop itself is selling several of them on sale now, such as BotW for $40 and others: https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=s...1EIn6K9WNiLOKQ
    Last edited by yasiru; 2020-04-06 at 05:25 PM.

ACNH will be the highest selling Switch game when it's all said and done. Really it's only competition on getting there is MK8 as well. Those sales in Japan are absolutely absurd if rest of world is even half as good it's gonna blow past Smash for 2nd place quite soon.