Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    How many people actually by digital direct from the shop and not look for a cheaper key option like cdkeys first?

Can get up to 20% off titles at launch that way.
    If you like your account to be banned because you used a key bought from nefarious methods. Yes Nintendo will and can ban your account without notice or reason if this happens, and it is perminant.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That review is a joke for wholly different reasons than the score. Different reviewers giving different scores is one thing, but to stick spoilers as huge as showing the seventh party member in a video review, while at the same time mispronouncing names of prominent characters and still not getting it right after taking it down to fix it is complete comedy.
    Well that particular party member spoiler was already added into the Smash Ultimate version of Shulk's Final Smash. They even joked "Ooops Spoilers!" when showcasing the updated Final Smashes before the games' release.

It's a 10 year old game the statue of limitations on spoilers have long since past, if someone was that worried about getting spoiled over Xeno 1 they could have already played the damn game on Wii, Wii U, N3DS or even Dolphin. Now if they spoiled Future Connected that would be different, but this isn't even a remake it's just a remaster why are we getting hot and bothered about a party member spoiler again? Hell Xenoblade 2 already spoiled the ending of Xenoblade 1 and I'd wager most people who buy this also bought and already played 2.

Geez, I swear the sidequests in XC1 are even worse then I remembered, you get like 30 before even making very far into the beginning of the game. Thank goodness for the improved tracker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's a 10 year old game the statue of limitations on spoilers have long since past, if someone was that worried about getting spoiled over Xeno 1 they could have already played the damn game on Wii, Wii U, N3DS or even Dolphin. Now if they spoiled Future Connected that would be different, but this isn't even a remake it's just a remaster why are we getting hot and bothered about a party member spoiler again? Hell Xenoblade 2 already spoiled the ending of Xenoblade 1 and I'd wager most people who buy this also bought and already played 2.
    The ending of Xenoblade 2 isn't a spoiler for 1 because you need context from having played 1 already to understand what the reference in that scene means and connect the dots.

That aside, a review for a game isn't the place to not be cautious about late game story spoilers for that very same game, no matter what the "statue of limitations" may be.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The ending of Xenoblade 2 isn't a spoiler for 1 because you need context from having played 1 already to understand what the reference in that scene means and connect the dots.

That aside, a review for a game isn't the place to not be cautious about late game story spoilers for that very same game, no matter what the "statue of limitations" may be.
    Umm, the very second you hear someones voice in Xeno 1 you will know exactly how it ends before hand if you played Xeno 2.

But lets cry some more because IGN spoiled a party member that is in smash ultimate, in a game that has been released on 4 different systems now, in a game that is 10 years old. This is what someone means when they talk about useless negativity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Geez, I swear the sidequests in XC1 are even worse then I remembered, you get like 30 before even making very far into the beginning of the game. Thank goodness for the improved tracker.
    I just auto pilot most of them and pretend they don't exist if they aren't in my immediate path. DE definitely makes it easier to accomplish this without having to read names or pick up random items now. They also trivialize the game if you try to do them all as they are available cause you will be super over leveled lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...my Xenoblade edition finaly came, but.....i cant find a machine to play a record. It must be somewhere....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So...my Xenoblade edition finaly came, but.....i cant find a machine to play a record. It must be somewhere....
    A machine
    Just out of curiosity and not being judgemental, what's your age? (I grew up DJ-ing, and these machines are called turntables).

Anyway, most media outlets like Mediamarkt (if you're European) sell relatively cheap turntables from brands like Sony, Lenco, Pioneer, Reloop, Denon.
    If you just want to listen to the music you could do fine with a <€/$100,- one. Some have build in speakers, but those prolly suck and you want to hook one to your stereo set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    A machine
    Just out of curiosity and not being judgemental, what's your age? (I grew up DJ-ing, and these machines are called turntables).

Anyway, most media outlets like Mediamarkt (if you're European) sell relatively cheap turntables from brands like Sony, Lenco, Pioneer, Reloop, Denon.
    If you just want to listen to the music you could do fine with a <€/$100,- one. Some have build in speakers, but those prolly suck and you want to hook one to your stereo set.
    Well i know my parents have one in attic lol.
    As for rest of stuff. (no monado figure as it was not from UK)

Music code that you get is in wav file (you gota download it from nintendo site), so it needs to be converted later to mp3 for some devices.
    Art book is the standard long flipbook.
    Steelbook has a bit of shine on frontal picture.
    Box does have a bit to much paper inside.

They also trivialize the game if you try to do them all as they are available cause you will be super over leveled lol.
    thank god for the new expert mode (is that what its called?). i just reduced my level a couple of times and the content felt challenging (or at least not like a complete walkover). one of the best additions of the remaster for me.

bought it last year havent had the chance to play a bit cause you know some of us ve sons.... soo....

10+ Year Old Account
    So i tested the xenoblade album thingy, but problem is that the turntable/radio/cassete is to OLD and it runs on slow speed. Like -3 of the original music. Hilarious.

Oh well at least i made it work.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So i tested the xenoblade album thingy, but problem is that the turntable/radio/cassete is to OLD and it runs on slow speed. Like -3 of the original music. Hilarious.

Oh well at least i made it work.
    They are usually designed to work with multiple RPM's. Some of them you have to actually open them up and adjust the drive belt. Newer players do it by pushing a button or two, mine can do both both 17's and 30's (record diameters in cm) and can run at 33 or 45 RPM. I have some records that have to be played at different speeds. Wasting Light by the Foo Fighters is played at 45 RPM, while most albums I own are all played at 33.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2020-06-11 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to love Xenoblade chronicles 1 and 2, both I couldn't finish.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I wanted to love Xenoblade chronicles 1 and 2, both I couldn't finish.
    I guess they took to long? Xeno2 is shorter tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they took to long? Xeno2 is shorter tho.
    I mean, yes and no. I have no issues putting 100+ hours into a game. Witcher 3, X-Com 2, DQ11, I have over an 100 on all of them, all on 1 play through. But, something about those Xeno games just felt, I don't know, hollow? I can't put my finger on it, it 'should' be a style of game I could get into, but inevitably, 20-30 hours in I'd just lose my desire to jump on. I would say maybe it's too much 'J' in my RPG, but shit, I just played through FF7 remake, and like I said, put 100 hours into DQ11.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-06-13 at 01:17 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I mean, yes and no. I have no issues putting 100+ hours into a game. Witcher 3, X-Com 2, DQ11, I have over an 100 on all of them, all on 1 play through. But, something about those Xeno games just felt, I don't know, hollow? I can't put my finger on it, it 'should' be a style of game I could get into, but inevitably, 20-30 hours in I'd just lose my desire to jump on. I would say maybe it's too much 'J' in my RPG, but shit, I just played through FF7 remake, and like I said, put 100 hours into DW11.
    Probably because XBC1 is a slog. Too much padding. The sidequests are awful. The crafting is awful. Anything that isn't main story cutscenes is awful. As for the story itself, the first 30 hours - up until Prison Island - is good-ish. Lots of boring, meandering filler, and Reyn, Sharla, and Melia are as interesting as cardboard boxes, but the story is overall good. Then you hit Prison Island and the story falls off a cliff and stops being compelling.

XBC1 is overrated. It was hyped because it was one of the handful of JRPGs that came out on the Wii, and when it came out on 3DS it was perceived as relatively higher quality than most 3DS games. Then XBC2 came out and Shulk in Smash made the XBC series blow up in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Probably because XBC1 is a slog. Too much padding. The sidequests are awful. The crafting is awful. Anything that isn't main story cutscenes is awful. As for the story itself, the first 30 hours - up until Prison Island - is good-ish. Lots of boring, meandering filler, and Reyn, Sharla, and Melia are as interesting as cardboard boxes, but the story is overall good. Then you hit Prison Island and the story falls off a cliff and stops being compelling.

XBC1 is overrated. It was hyped because it was one of the handful of JRPGs that came out on the Wii, and when it came out on 3DS it was perceived as relatively higher quality than most 3DS games. Then XBC2 came out and Shulk in Smash made the XBC series blow up in popularity.
    If you honestly think the only reason XBC1 was successful was because of the console it was on, you're just flat out wrong.

It's still considering a masterpiece even on the Switch. Hell, even with how watered down the 3DS version was, it was STILL wildly popular. That should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you honestly think the only reason XBC1 was successful was because of the console it was on, you're just flat out wrong.

It's still considering a masterpiece even on the Switch. Hell, even with how watered down the 3DS version was, it was STILL wildly popular. That should tell you something.
    + The even remaster is higher reviewed then Xenoblade 2 but he is acting like Xenoblade 2 is the better game that made the series popular? What did I just read?

Xenoblade 1 is a flawed masterpiece but a masterpiece none the less. You don't have to do side quests to finish the game, you don't have to craft to finish the game so there go's 2 of his complaints right off the bat. If you don't like doing that shit, simply don't do it. The game doesn't force you to. Most of the side quests don't even give xp, and the ones that do are typically the actual named side quests not "monster quest 3" and the named quests have cool mini stories that progress the world building.

Xenoblade 2 is far more of a chore because of blade RNG and skill checks needed simply to progress main story. And I love Xenoblade 2 as well but if any game is the slog... it's 2.

+ The even remaster is higher reviewed then Xenoblade 2 but he is acting like Xenoblade 2 is the better game that made the series popular? What did I just read?

Xenoblade 1 is a flawed masterpiece but a masterpiece none the less. You don't have to do side quests to finish the game, you don't have to craft to finish the game so there go's 2 of his complaints right off the bat. If you don't like doing that shit, simply don't do it. The game doesn't force you to. Most of the side quests don't even give xp, and the ones that do are typically the actual named side quests not "monster quest 3" and the named quests have cool mini stories that progress the world building.

Xenoblade 2 is far more of a chore because of blade RNG and skill checks needed simply to progress main story. And I love Xenoblade 2 as well but if any game is the slog... it's 2.
    I fully agree. I just tried getting back into Xenoblade 2 and I got slammed with how much I slacked off on leveling blades's skill charts up and not doing side quests and TIGER TIGER UGH.

I know Xenoblade 1 does have a lot of side stuff, like how entire talent trees are locked behind Colony ranking and what not, but it never felt like it factored heavily into the main story itself, unlike making sure you feed your blades their favorite foods.