Ironically enough, my issue with Xenoblade 1 wasn't the gameplay itself, but the resolution of the game. To be fair, I'm having similar issues with current games, but I swear most of these games are meant to be played on really large screens. If you have a smaller TV screen, everything is so tiny that it always gives me headaches after playing for a short while. I had such a hard time reading the text, as well, and I have 10/20 vision.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I fully agree. I just tried getting back into Xenoblade 2 and I got slammed with how much I slacked off on leveling blades's skill charts up and not doing side quests and TIGER TIGER UGH.

I know Xenoblade 1 does have a lot of side stuff, like how entire talent trees are locked behind Colony ranking and what not, but it never felt like it factored heavily into the main story itself, unlike making sure you feed your blades their favorite foods.
    Only hard part with xenoblade 2 was......Ursula

Tiger tiger could be ignored as you could just enter a special area and buy stuff for points you earned there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Ironically enough, my issue with Xenoblade 1 wasn't the gameplay itself, but the resolution of the game. To be fair, I'm having similar issues with current games, but I swear most of these games are meant to be played on really large screens. If you have a smaller TV screen, everything is so tiny that it always gives me headaches after playing for a short while. I had such a hard time reading the text, as well, and I have 10/20 vision.
    Did you change the game camera? It kinda helps if you adjust distance from character.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Tiger tiger could be ignored as you could just enter a special area and buy stuff for points you earned there.
    New game+ only.
    Not in the first playthrough.

So if you want to use Tora the first playthrough you have to suck it up.

And to clarify, it's not difficult to navigate a million menus, hunt down specific foods and monsters to slay, and what not.

It's tedious. It's boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    New game+ only.
    Not in the first playthrough.

So if you want to use Tora the first playthrough you have to suck it up.

And to clarify, it's not difficult to navigate a million menus, hunt down specific foods and monsters to slay, and what not.

It's tedious. It's boring.
    You could skip most of those by sending blades on missions. Only some specific blades needed to do a specific area.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Did you change the game camera? It kinda helps if you adjust distance from character.
    Ursula wasn't hard, just grindy as all hell with the way it tied into the whole real time missions thing it had. There's no good reason to even other with that joke of an affinity chart she has given there's much better blade options in the game to begin with than her.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm annoyed that Luigi's Mansion 3 isn't on sale, I've been wanting to pick it up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'm annoyed that Luigi's Mansion 3 isn't on sale, I've been wanting to pick it up for a while.
    Nintendo 1st parties never go to any substantial sales. At best you might get it for 50$ three years from now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Xenoblade is one of the best jrpgs of all time and a dude who shills for trails of cold steel the hedgehog 24/7 complaining about padding when it took 4 games to finish the story is lol

You could skip most of those by sending blades on missions. Only some specific blades needed to do a specific area.
    Unless I missed it, pretty sure you can't send the important blades off, like Poppi and Mythra.

That being said, waiting anywhere from 30-60 minutes IN GAME isn't great either, while also gimping yourself from blades you're trying to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Xenoblade is one of the best jrpgs of all time and a dude who shills for trails of cold steel the hedgehog 24/7 complaining about padding when it took 4 games to finish the story is lol
    Not that your statement is wrong but you're giving falcom way too much credit if you think they finished the story in CS4 lmao. CS4 ending leaves more questions then answers, their team simply has no idea how to wrap up story arcs. Hell their big marketing point for Trails of the Begining is that it "puts the events in motion to lead to series ending" probably gonna get another trilogy based in Calvard after this game. They're gonna milk Trails until Japan stops buying it, the series was originally supposed to end with SC(7 fucking games ago) so color me skeptical they actually deliver on their promise of ending the series any time soon. This is the fucking bleach of JRPGs.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-15 at 03:21 AM.

anyone here with a switch lite?
    do you regret it and wish you bought the normal version?

kinda can't decide which version I want... lite version is cheaper and basically the handheld (gameboy) type (imo)
    while the normal version is handheld (gameboy)+ home console (gamecube/wii)...

games I would/want to buy/play: pokemon, zelda, mario (party), dragon quest, smash bros, some rpg's...
    is the normal version worth it?

please help :x

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post

kinda can't decide which version I want... lite version is cheaper and basically the handheld (gameboy) type (imo)

games I would/want to buy/play: pokemon, zelda, mario (party), dragon quest, smash bros, some rpg's...

I would never give up the ability to just sit down and put it up on my monitor personally.

RPGs are fine but playing Mario or Smash in handheld sucks ass, you really want the option to use a real controller for those. You can connect a pro controller to a lite but at that point might as well own the actual switch and not be playing on a tiny ass screen.

If you can afford it, and can find it right now, even if play exclusively handheld, I still suggest the normal switch. The screen is bigger, more customization with joycon's, grips, decals etc. I think the battery is better. And the option to hook it up to the TV is always there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well switch is getting its first kh game so here comes more 1.5-3 port begging plz square

Thanks, I thought so...
    now the waiting begins till the switch is available again...

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Geez, I swear the sidequests in XC1 are even worse then I remembered, you get like 30 before even making very far into the beginning of the game. Thank goodness for the improved tracker.
    I haven't gotten super far, but these are kinda calming to me, lol. I love the quest markers and I make a minigame out of collecting, finishing them before I get on with the main story.

I agree they are a bit dull storywise usually, but the metagame of going around this cool world and clicking exclamation marks while I explore is good fun. It's a way to interact with the open world right away, so yeah, I love the way they are handled here.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they should port P4G to Switch and PS4/5. I don't understand why they haven't done this. Once the Vita lost it as an exclusive, I figured it would just go everywhere. It is way too perfect a game for portable consoles not to be on Switch. A shame. I would imagine it would sell loads, and it just came to PC, so why?

Pokemon starts pushing a season pass like 2010 era EA: Crickets

Pokemon announces new Snap game: The Internet Fucking Explodes.

2020 is a like a year anyone from a time before it would think is nothing but lies.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Pokemon starts pushing a season pass like 2010 era EA: Crickets

Pokemon announces new Snap game: The Internet Fucking Explodes.

2020 is a like a year anyone from a time before it would think is nothing but lies.
    The only Pokemon I've ever liked is Snap for n64. I am a person who claims to "not get" Pokemon. Literally I just found out about a new Snap from your post.

...and you know what, lol. I would pay so much more for it than 60 dollars, LOL. I'm hyped to get this game, bigtime. I LOVED Pokemon snap, lol. I don't even know why, but Pokemon Snap on N64 is one of my most cherished memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    The only Pokemon I've ever liked is Snap for n64. I am a person who claims to "not get" Pokemon. Literally I just found out about a new Snap from your post.

...and you know what, lol. I would pay so much more for it than 60 dollars, LOL. I'm hyped to get this game, bigtime. I LOVED Pokemon snap, lol. I don't even know why, but Pokemon Snap on N64 is one of my most cherished memories.
    I think part of the longlasting appeal of Pokemon Snap, beyond the ip, is its one of few games that capture a type of game that traditionally you would only see in arcade cabinets and very rarely in the west. Its got an arcade feel to it with its "okay, you are on rails, you can miss everything, clocks ticking lets go!" design that makes you want to try again for a better score. Hopefully they keep that feeling going with the sequel.