Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I fail to see the point you are making. I am not buying this to play nintendo games on.

Its an exceptionally cool lego set with pretty nifty interactivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure you get what the Lego set actually does...
    Yeah. But once you've spent the time to assemble and play around with it for five minutes, you'll get bored and leave it to gather dust on a shelf or storage container somewhere. It's just a waste of money and plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Yeah. But once you've spent the time to assemble and play around with it for five minutes, you'll get bored and leave it to gather dust on a shelf or storage container somewhere. It's just a waste of money and plastic.
    By that logic, anything that's just used for a decorative purpose is "pointless".

Which is a really strange stance to take in a Nintendo thread, where one of their biggest selling games is Animal Crossing, a game about decorating basically.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Im very early in so far but its pretty darn good so far.

I have feeling combat is gonna be annoying as the game progresses.
    I haven't picked it up myself but everyone i know that loves the series and has all said the same thing summed up to "fighting gets old real fast, but money is so tight and the upgrades are so gating to progress you have to suffer through a lot of it" which doesn't sound like my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I haven't picked it up myself but everyone i know that loves the series and has all said the same thing summed up to "fighting gets old real fast, but money is so tight and the upgrades are so gating to progress you have to suffer through a lot of it" which doesn't sound like my thing.
    Honestly, it depends on how good you are at puzzles. I suck at them so some fights wind up being harder than they really should be, bribing the toads helps but even then I still sometimes fail to see the solution. As for the gating, honestly, money shouldn't be an issue as long as you explore since the mandatory fights on top of what you find while exploring give more than enough coins to get by.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's rare to me that RPGs actually have engaging combat systems that you actually look forward to them throughout the entirety of the game if I'm being brutally honest. The novelty sort of wears off at some point, even in brilliant games. Besides boss fights (which I heard were good in the new Paper Mario), at a certain point you just want to find cool upgrades, see new locations and advance the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It's rare to me that RPGs actually have engaging combat systems that you actually look forward to them throughout the entirety of the game if I'm being brutally honest. The novelty sort of wears off at some point, even in brilliant games. Besides boss fights (which I heard were good in the new Paper Mario), at a certain point you just want to find cool upgrades, see new locations and advance the story.
    Almost every decent RPG these days offers ways to skip combat and be fine. Xenoblade series gives enough xp from side quests and exploration that you never need to fight random enemies, Persona has insta kill abilities through confidants etc. This is not an RPG though and calling it one is insulting to the genre. It's a generic adventure game with forced combat for currency to progress through game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    By that logic, anything that's just used for a decorative purpose is "pointless".

Which is a really strange stance to take in a Nintendo thread, where one of their biggest selling games is Animal Crossing, a game about decorating basically.
    It is pointless. Also. how can plastic tat that is ultimately destined to end up on a landfill even remotely compare to virtual decorations in a video game?

It is pointless. Also. how can plastic tat that is ultimately destined to end up on a landfill even remotely compare to virtual decorations in a video game?
    If it's plastic destined to end up in a landfill then what is the Switch? What is physical Switch games? Joy cons? Pro Controllers?

Ah the ole environment goal post shift, the classic that never ends the way you want it to.

Decoration isn't pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    More pricey lego sets actually tend to hold their value fairly well.

Anyone who tosses such at a landfill when they want to get rid of it instead of selling it is a complete moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If it's plastic destined to end up in a landfill then what is the Switch? What is physical Switch games? Joy cons? Pro Controllers?

Ah the ole environment goal post shift, the classic that never ends the way you want it to.
    If you think a lump of plastic crap that you'll get bored of within several minutes is as versatile and entertaining as a game console, then I don't know what to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think a lump of plastic crap that you'll get bored of within several minutes is as versatile and entertaining as a game console, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Id be seriously impressed if someone into Lego was done with it "within several minutes", that's very fast.

More expensive Lego sets comes with several thousand pieces with them, I think people complaining about this don't quite understand what Lego consists out of in the price range above the shitty 15-20 dollar sets their dad got them for Christmas that one time.
    Last edited by zealo; 2020-07-19 at 03:20 AM.

Oh look how the argument has changed again... So what is it, are you against plastic being used for enjoyment or not? You can't have it both ways.

The switch really needs some news - we haven't had anything substantial since BoTW2 announcement. Nintendo seems to have completely disappeared off the face of the earth. The system is still living off WiiU ports and other games from steam. The library is actually pretty scarce and it's really starting to collect dust.

A Prime or BoTW2 announcement would go a long way.

Finished chapter 2 in Paper Mario and really enjoying myself to the point that even though my special edition of Ghost of Tsushima finally arrived I think I'll finish up Paper Mario first. A nice option that unlocks halfway through chapter 2 is the "Puzzle Solver". When this option is turned on when in battle it will mark the ideal placement for enemies with red circles. This doesn't solve the puzzle for you but it least shows you what you should be working towards which is a great help for someone like me who has trouble with these kinds of puzzles. The best part is that there are zero penalties for turning this option on.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo needs to put more emphasis on filler games between their big releases. They've got so many great IP's that should be utilized and making good quality Switch games wouldn't take as much effort.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the new Paper Mario and actually like it quite a bit. The battles are actually pretty fun and the boss battles are even better, even if the game seems pretty easy (I just finished the first chapter with the red streamer just a few minutes ago). I heard people say that the battling gets tiresome pretty quickly, but I haven't had that experience yet. Most of the battles are pretty quick, I find them pretty fun, and you have more than enough opportunities to ignore a lot of them if you just want to get past an area you already explored. I don't know if the trend continues, but at certain points you can just one shot mobs if you attack them in the open world with a well placed jump or hammer attack, just eliminating the possibility of a battle. It gives you a fraction of the XP (coins), but it's an option. So yeah, options exist to ignore a lot of battles in this game if you choose too.

All in all the games really pretty to look at and there's loads of puzzles and collectible items along the way. I'm not the same person I was when I was a teenager where I have to completely 100% every game, but the games fun enough that I'll try to fully explore each area before moving on. I won't sit there trying to find every single collectible possible (not even sure if it's possible without backtracking with power ups in the future), but the games fun enough to not blitz completely through it.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a true RPG, but it's still a pretty good game. It's not the best Paper Mario game, but it's far from the worst in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

I wouldn't necessarily call this a true RPG, but it's still a pretty good game. It's not the best Paper Mario game, but it's far from the worst in the series.
    Definitely not an RPG, more of an adventure game with turn-based combat. Which is fine, I don't think it's any worse off from not having those RPG elements.

In case you guys missed it we're in the middle of a global pandemic that has effected game development and Nintendo can't stock Switch's fast enough to keep up with demand. And we're sitting here wondering why they are so silent? lol...

You're gonna get Bravely Default 2 and probably a Mario game(35th anniversary so I would almost guarantee this) and that will be it for major games published by Nintendo this year. Maybe they will be able to sneak another game in but I wouldn't count on it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-07-20 at 12:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    leakers were right, but its a 10 minute mini direct so i dont expect a whole lot

Bd2, rf5, bayo 3, nmh3, maybe smt5, but no mp4