Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    They chose to name it a different region. You are now backpeddling because I pointed out a flaw in your arbitrary rules.
    The video today literally said it's the Sinnoh region.
    That it was called Hisui and eventually becomes the Sinnoh region in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Mechanics had such a big role in defining a generation its not even funny. The physical special split changed battles forever. Let's go is a spin off.
    No, Let's Go is main series.
    And mechanics do not define a what a generation is because the generation includes spin offs that have wildly different mechanics anyway.

Pokemon Unite is classified as a Generation 8 pokemon game.
    It is a spin off.
    It does not have any mechanics like Sword and Shield do.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No, Let's Go is main series.
    And mechanics do not define a what a generation is because the generation includes spin offs that have wildly different mechanics anyway.

Pokemon Unite is classified as a Generation 8 pokemon game.
    It is a spin off.
    It does not have any mechanics like Sword and Shield do.
    Unite is a spin off cause it doesn't play like a main li- heyyyyyy wait a minute neither does arceus! Damn!

7+ Year Old Account
    Unite is a spin off cause it doesn't play like a main li- heyyyyyy wait a minute neither does arceus! Damn!
    Misrepresent my point one more time, and I am going to be convinced you are just a troll.

Pokemon Colosseum is a spin off, it has the same mechanics as the Generation 3 games but it is a spin off.

Mechanics do not define main series.
    Mechanics do not define spin offs.
    Spin offs can have any mechanics they want.
    Main series within the same generation are not required to have the same mechanics.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-08-18 at 09:32 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Misrepresent my point one more time, and I am going to be convinced you are just a troll.

Pokemon Colosseum is a spin off, it has the same mechanics as the Generation 3 games but it is a spin off.

Mechanics do not define main series.
    Mechanics do not define spin offs.
    Spin offs can have any mechanics they want.
    Ive been calling arceus a spin off and you keep saying im wrong and then just proved me right. Arceus spin off, lets go spin off, bd/sp gen 4 ez pz

7+ Year Old Account
    Ive been calling arceus a spin off and you keep saying im wrong and then just proved me right. Arceus spin off, lets go spin off, bd/sp gen 4 ez pz
    Only because you misrepresented my point.

Both are by definition Generation 8.

Generation 8 is defined as Sword and Shield and ANY GAME RELEASED until the next pair of games that introduces both a new region and new pokemon. And main series is any game that the Pokemon company considers main series. BDSP and Arceus are main series, not spin offs.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamhaoingaturlife View Post
    >cygames
    >budget
    lmao. Also fuck KMR for turning original shadowverse into this yugioh wannabe for toddlers
    Saying budget means its on a budget, not that it has one. Although it feels like it had a bigger one than sword and shield. But honestly, I'd rather spend 50 bucks and get the full game than buying packs with real money
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-08-18 at 09:56 PM.

I stand by what I said last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's really funny (or sad?) how we are 4 months away from the release of the Gen 4 remakes (the most popular gen according to the internet), and 6 months away from the release of Legends (the long awaited first open world Pokemon game!), and yet there is barely 40 seconds of footage of either game. Most popular video game franchise in the world and zero hype.

• Can't show BDSP footage because the team developing it has never been the lead devs on a game before.
    • Can't show Legends footage because it is made by GameFreak who couldn't even make the wild area good and now they are making an entire game with a wild area 10x the size.
    • Release dates and boxart revealed through tweets because the games are in such poor states they can't show footage.

At this point Nintendo might want to consider just delaying the release date, since they did the same thing with Animal Crossing and the new Metroid. Maybe order one of their other studios to help out (like how Monolith Soft helped out the Zelda team with BotW)..
    The only decent thing about the Legends: Arceus trailer was the music. Then again, after BotW's trailer, there is no guarentee that the trailer music is even actually representative of the game's actual soundtrack.

BDSP still looks meh. I'm surprised that they still haven't gotten the characters to look right.

Every game in Pokemon point is partially to fill the Pokedex. There is likely more we haven't seen yet..
    Pokemon's main objective hasn't been about completing the Pokedex since Gen 2. Starting with Gen 3 the Pokedex is no longer presented to the player as their primary objective. Instead their objective is presented as beating the Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    [video=youtube;gyHYdQUbsEg]So a time when humans and pokemon got married if i remember the offical pokemon lore lol.
    Pokemon began being sanitized after Gen 2. The "Humans married Pokemon" thing was in the original Japanese version of DP but it was left out in the English localization. The modern Pokemon franchise likes to pretend that the grittier tone and lore of early Pokemon doesn't exist, which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also I know I've made it clear I enjoyed the games quite a bit, but I also hardly see people complain about the actual design of gen 8 Pokemon. It probably would land in my top 3 overall.
    If there is one thing Game Freak can do well, it's curate the best creature designs to make it into the official games. Gen 8 had just as many great designs as prior generations in my book (aside from the hideously awful Cinderace and Inteleon). Drednaw, Corviknight, and Dragapult made it into my favorites list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Pokémon and character designs for Galar are top notch. Problems are in performance, level design and cutting away features.
    Eh, I'd rate the character designs for Galar as overall bad. I hate the commercialized football team aesthetic of Galar. The sport shorts and team jerseys with logos and numbers pasted on them looks pretty awful. Only decent looking characters were Rose (too bad about the writing lol), old man Kabu, and Milo and Gordie (for having bulkier silhouettes that make them standout).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Pokemon's main objective hasn't been about completing the Pokedex since Gen 2. Starting with Gen 3 the Pokedex is no longer presented to the player as their primary objective. Instead their objective is presented as beating the Champion.
    I am aware. Hence why I said "partially"
    –The Sith Code

so a region's named changed over time. whats the big problem?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Then why did they name it a different region then? It may eventually become Sinnoh, but that doesn't mean that they're the same.
    Why is Constantinople called Istanbul?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why is Constantinople called Istanbul?
    Thanks for that earworm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, "Hisui" is very on the nose, even for Gamefreak.

火水 literally "Fire Water".

15+ Year Old Account
    But is that the kanji theyre using for it? Otherwise it could mean lustrous color or jade which also fit

10+ Year Old Account
    But is that the kanji theyre using for it? Otherwise it could mean lustrous color or jade which also fit
    Hmm, well.

It looks like they're using the katakana for it which I guess leaves it up in the air.

I assumed fire/water for primordial elements since the game takes place at the beginning of Pokemon history. It'd also be a play on the original Red/Blue games.

Sidenote: the japanese website is a nightmare to navigate, they make it scroll sideways instead of up&down

Hmm, well.

It looks like they're using the katakana for it which I guess leaves it up in the air.

I assumed fire/water for primordial elements since the game takes place at the beginning of Pokemon history. It'd also be a play on the original Red/Blue games.

Sidenote: the japanese website is a nightmare to navigate, they make it scroll sideways instead of up&down
    Lustrous jade would fit too with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, since another description of a valuable gem while being still in the same region.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Lustrous jade would fit too with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, since another description of a valuable gem while being still in the same region.
    I guess, but it's not in the same series, so I wouldn't put too much weight on that.

It's like trying to tie Gale of Darkness back to it's Gen 3 contemporaries.

I guess, but it's not in the same series, so I wouldn't put too much weight on that.

It's like trying to tie Gale of Darkness back to it's Gen 3 contemporaries.
    But they were completely different regions, while D/P/Origins are all the same exact region, while also being released within a few months of each other, so worked on at the same time basically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kana only leans more to lustrous color, but I'm not japanese so i have no idea what the intended meaning is sometimes
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-08-19 at 09:14 PM.

Curious how the Steampad already has actual hands-on videos and the Switch OLED is still nowhere to be seen.