This isn't the thread to discuss the Steam Deck, folks. Please keep discussion to the Switch and things one does on it like playing Switch games. Thanks.

It's the best comparison to discuss the lack of hands on footage of the Nintendo Switch OLED. Can't help that everyone else gets to defensive about it. Had Nintendo actually had provided such footage then everyone here would be proudly proclaiming how much better the screen is over the most obvious competitor.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-08-20 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    proclaiming how much better the screen is over the most obvious competitor.
    But the only competitor to the OLED Switch is the og Switch...and thats kinda redundant.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont need a video to know oled is better, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    But the only competitor to the OLED Switch is the og Switch...and thats kinda redundant.
    If you want to buy both perhaps. Not sure why anyone would want that, given the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You will need one if you care about how large the difference between LCD and OLED is, but you don't care about the size of the difference either so that would be the real reason why you're not interested in such a video.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    If you want to buy both perhaps. Not sure why anyone would want that, given the choice.

You will need one if you care about how large the difference between LCD and OLED is, but you don't care about the size of the difference either so that would be the real reason why you're not interested in such a video.
    I already know the difference because i have had both vitas and oled tvs. Frankly its a waste of money regardless

You know this reminds me of early 2010's when phones with OLED screens started popping up.
    I remember picking up Galaxy S3 my first phone OLED phone, there was no going back backlit LCD's for me, simply no comparison. And even then people were debating LCD vs OLED to death, from contrast to brightness, burn-in to everything, but in real world it just looked better to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    I remember picking up Galaxy S3 my first phone OLED phone, there was no going back backlit LCD's for me, simply no comparison. A.
    Right I just checked any my phone is also OLED. I didn't notice as I don't have an LCD screen to compare it to. But I can imagine fucking around on an OLED screen all day would make a conventional Switch screen feel like a bit of a bummer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    You know this reminds me of early 2010's when phones with OLED screens started popping up.
    I remember picking up Galaxy S3 my first phone OLED phone, there was no going back backlit LCD's for me, simply no comparison. And even then people were debating LCD vs OLED to death, from contrast to brightness, burn-in to everything, but in real world it just looked better to me.
    I dont really care these days because with ips, lcd can look almost as good as oleds. Some 3ds had ips screens even

I dont really care these days because with ips, lcd can look almost as good as oleds. Some 3ds had ips screens even
    In a sense I'm talking about phones only for a other devices it depends, some never have OLED screens. And yup, I had new 3ds XL with both IPS screens and a new non XL with both TN, difference is also noticeable. But in the case of the Switch, since I pretty much only play handheld, I'm gonna grab OLED one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of big-brain market analysts in here.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The cutest part is people convinced emulators is somehow going to rocket the Steam Deck past the Switch.

Just utter delusion.
    I doubt the Steam Deck so much as sniffs Nintendo's portable market share. Pushing 40 million units sold, which is about half of Steam's on average concurrent user base. And a lot of them are probably also Switch owners.

Since it's likely we'll get xenoblade 3 next year, play 1 and 2 or I will hit you
    2 was a mess that got carried by an amazing story. Enjoying 1 at the moment.

IMO, Steam Deck won't worry Nintendo much, this gen at least, just logistically. I'm thinking, how many of those things can they even make with the chip shortage before Nintendo has already cemented the Switch legacy? Also, though Nintendo has needed to do very little in form of price cuts so far, that avenue is always open to them. At $399, Steam Deck looks like a good buy to me personally, but I wonder about the mainstream. Steam brand is strong, so it is no joke, but I don't see how this hurts the Switch in the current market, even though it does look quite similar to Switch and targets portable market with more horsepower. Feels like it is targeting a different market segment, imo, and COULD target everyone in the future with the right campaign and software, but can they make enough and market enough in time to even slow down Switch, before the next crazy Nintendo invention that plays games comes out?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-08-25 at 08:10 PM.

i really want a steamdeck but i think the majority of people buying it are going to be like me, they want it to supplement a hobby they already invest in.

steamdeck is kind of like a sports car, people with the money and the want to get one will grab one but it will never outsell the major car brands on the market
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm buying it and i don't have the money

This looks better and better, but I'm worried they are spoiling too much of the game in the trailer. Also, the music sounds absolutely terrible, like a gameboy advance was playing it.

Playing a bit of No More Heroes 3 and I think I'm in love lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post

This looks better and better, but I'm worried they are spoiling too much of the game in the trailer. Also, the music sounds absolutely terrible, like a gameboy advance was playing it.
    Cant find a collector's edition for shit atm, bought out the moment it was announced.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

It's so cool to play a FPS in the palm of my hands, but I really wished they had considered ergonomics when they decided to make a physically appealing console. My hands hurt.