legends looks a lot nicer without the compression

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heya all. So I have been debating whether or not to get a Switch now or wait for the next one (Switch 2?). I only really want to play Zelda BotW in truth (and any possible sequels/follow-ups). I haven't owned a console since the Megadrive 32bit.

What do you think? Bit pricey to just play one game is what's putting me off but also don't wanna risk buying an old one now if the new one is just around the corner.

Appreciate the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Heya all. So I have been debating whether or not to get a Switch now or wait for the next one (Switch 2?). I only really want to play Zelda BotW in truth (and any possible sequels/follow-ups). I haven't owned a console since the Megadrive 32bit.

What do you think? Bit pricey to just play one game is what's putting me off but also don't wanna risk buying an old one now if the new one is just around the corner.

Appreciate the advice!
    i think we're still a bit off from a switch 2. i'd say you've got at least a solid 2 - 3 years more of the switch before the new generation nintendo console comes out
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think we're still a bit off from a switch 2. i'd say you've got at least a solid 2 - 3 years more of the switch before the new generation nintendo console comes out
    And even when we do, track record is not reliable for Nintendo in terms of backwards compatibility. They're pretty on and off about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And even when we do, track record is not reliable for Nintendo in terms of backwards compatibility. They're pretty on and off about it.
    With their current trend, its sort of safe bet there will be BC. GBA-DS, DS-3DS, Gamecube-Wii, Wii-Wii U they pretty much always cover the last gen in BC and nothing else. Switch is the only exception to this but since it was replacing both 3DS and Wii U I'm not sure how they could of pulled off BC, and even if they did it would of been digital only like vita BC.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for this, appreciated. I looked online and see the price is around £260 for the grey version so maybe a little less than I thought (around £300). What has shocked me a little is that Zelda still seems to cost £50+? I guess maybe I'm used to Steam and PC games in general, but a 4+ year old game which is still £50 is kinda putting me off. Do they not drop in price like PC games?

Thanks for this, appreciated. I looked online and see the price is around £260 for the grey version so maybe a little less than I thought (around £300). What has shocked me a little is that Zelda still seems to cost £50+? I guess maybe I'm used to Steam and PC games in general, but a 4+ year old game which is still £50 is kinda putting me off. Do they not drop in price like PC games?

Not sure if it happened already, but the regular Switch (not lite, not oled) is having its price cut a tad bit (30€ down to ~260/270,not sure about £), so you might wanna look into that before buying at possibly "old" price. Unless you plan on buying the OLED version or the Lite, those stay the same

If I see a Nintendo game $10 off I call that a sale, $20 is almost unheard of. They may do Nintendo selects but don’t bank on it, if you’re that hard up for money don’t eat out a day or two, faster than waiting on a sale.

Nintendo games don’t drop in price over time, but there are sales sometimes. Doubt BotW will be on sale ever though.

Nintendo games never drop in price.

BotW was 60 bucks on release and it will be 60 bucks when last Switch on Earth crumbles to dust.

nintendo first party titles rarely drop in price unless its part of the nintendo selects or it bombs, if anything they go up in price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Nintendo games don’t drop in price over time, but there are sales sometimes. Doubt BotW will be on sale ever though.
    it will probably be part of nintendo selects once botw2 is out

10+ Year Old Account
    Bluetooth audio added to Switch

...via firmware update.

Only 1656 days later.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nintendo games never drop in price.

BotW was 60 bucks on release and it will be 60 bucks when last Switch on Earth crumbles to dust.
    Except Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are $50 pretty much everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are $50 pretty much everywhere
    Pretty much every Nintendo game is $10 off MSRP at Walmart.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Pretty much every Nintendo game is $10 off MSRP at Walmart.
    This is at Target even too, Walmart might be $5 cheaper or something, not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    legends looks a lot nicer without the compression

[IMG]https://i.redd.it/d0d0vz197cn71.png[/I]
    D-does it though?

I feel like Oblivion looked better and less barren

This is at Target even too, Walmart might be $5 cheaper or something, not sure.
    Most of the stores usually price match walmart weeks or months later but at launch it's usually only walmart in store that has the $10 discount. They usually wait on the walmart website to lower the price to bother matching it, since usually its still full price there but $10 off in store to try to drive in foot traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Bluetooth audio added to Switch

...via firmware update.

Only 1656 days later.
    And here's why it was not a feature before:

Important

Up to two wireless controllers can connect to a Nintendo Switch system while using Bluetooth audio. You will not be able to pair additional wireless controllers until you disconnect the Bluetooth audio device.

Bluetooth audio will be disconnected during local communication, such as when starting a local wireless multiplayer game.
    Switch'es Bluetooth channels are reserved for controllers and console to console connectivity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Most of the stores usually price match walmart weeks or months later but at launch it's usually only walmart in store that has the $10 discount. They usually wait on the walmart website to lower the price to bother matching it, since usually its still full price there but $10 off in store to try to drive in foot traffic.
    If you're prepping an in-store pickup order, Walmart withholds the price listing until you add a discounted game to your cart, but it's always $10 off MSRP (even new releases).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And here's why it was not a feature before:

Switch'es Bluetooth channels are reserved for controllers and console to console connectivity.
    Yeah this has been known, and was the primary reason behind the lack of Bluetooth audio connectivity.

It was never a good reason though.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Target's ruling is down to whether or not you can pull it up online through the app used in store, yeah. So if walmart has it set there for full price, then can't price match it. Which checks out with what you're saying. Walmart's website though is not fun to work with in my experience, because they love to list resellers too. Also as World Peace said, yeah, it does require you to add it to the cart first too usually which I hate dealing with.

But for Breath of the Wild, I'm not sure of the current Walmart price because generally speaking I avoid Walmarts to begin with. I'm just assuming they'd try to still go lower than the average price, which seems to be $50 for BotW at the moment.