Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    also let's not lie now. You never said you see where I'm coming from, in fact you basically said the opposite: "Despite the game coming out in 2 weeks we still barely have seen anything about it honestly, I'm really not sure how you're trying to draw conclusions from that." Also you said this after we just got a 13 minute trailer showing off what the game was about... like how much do they need to show before you're satisfied that we actually know what the game is about?

My whole issue in this conversation is that you're NOT seeing where I'm coming from and saying that I'm being pessimistic when I have a very rational interpretation of what was said. You're the one pulling out a bunch of hypotheticals that have no actual evidence to back them up. Sure, it's possible that we'll rematch the Wardens, but is that going to make up for the lack of the hundreds of random trainers you usually fight in these games? If there are less trainer battles will the Apex and Noble Pokemon be a suitable substitute? I don't actually know. That's why I'm buying the game to see for myself.
    I'm gonna back out of this honestly coz it's pretty clear you're not taking a pause to step back and look at this.

I literally straight up said that it's very possible there's fewer trainers. Don't come at me saying I'm lying and not seeing others views when you're the one still argue that you're the only one in the right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Maybe there won't be trainers literally scattered everywhere either, but it's definitely going to a part of the game. I mean, it could be a system where you rebattle trainers who are constantly changing their party even which would basically end up being pretty similar even if there's less in sheer amount.
    I've simply said over and over again that we don't know 100% and proposed different interpretation to you.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-01-14 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Xenoblade 2 in handheld should be considered warcrimes on eyes.
    Not false but was probably done for battery life. IIRC BoTW was only getting like 2 hours of life on a launch switch and XBC2 was getting close to 4 hours. 2 hours is nothing for a JRPG so I can see why they sacrificed that, should of maybe offered the option to choose if possible though. I ended up only grinding in portable mode for XC2, probably the biggest difference in portable vs docked for any switch game lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-01-14 at 11:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Hot take: BotW was also a mediocre game.
    Muy true, but i acknowledge it had a lot of dev time and soul put into it which most games of its type don't

The problem is that the Switch is just not a very powerful console so developers are extremely limited with what they can do. It is unfortunate, but the environment just looks very unappealing for a game released in 2022. The ground textures are just so bad.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2022-01-14 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The problem is that the Switch is just not a very powerful console so developers are extremely limited with what they can do. It is unfortunate, but the environment just looks very unappealing for a game released in 2022. The ground textures are just so bad.
    I mean, it can run The Witcher 3 quite well (docked) which is way more complex than what we're seeing in a lot of games.

Yes, it's not the prettiest version of TW3, but it clearly can handle more than what Arceus is showing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Nintendo doesn't really care about power in their systems. The GCN was more powerful than the PS2, and it lost.

Sony literally proved that you don't need to be the most powerful console to be competitive. (Which makes it hilarious that Sony Fanboys now are the biggest braggers on the power of the console.) It isn't really about power, but what you do with it.

The issue is trailers only show so much, we can be confident as of now what we see is likely what we are getting, I don't think it looks terrible. It isn't the best, but people trashing it are use to different styles of games. Then again, I started playing pokemon in Gen 1 ... and no one will convince me those graphics were ever "good" either.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Muy true, but i acknowledge it had a lot of dev time and soul put into it which most games of its type don't
    BotW is one of those games where I fully understand why people think it's an 11/10 game, but I think it's a 7/10. The systems and all of the crazy things you can do in the game create some really special moments. But for me a lot of the scripted stuff fell flat. The Divine Beasts were bad, the story was pretty barebones, and the side quests weren't interesting or rewarding.

That being said, BotW2 is one of my most anticipated games, because I feel like now with some dev time freed up from building the systems and even parts of the world they can make a game that has great spontaneous moments and great scripted moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My biggest issue with botw was the empty world. So much of it was absolutely nothing and the main interaction points, shrines, were also largely devoid of enemies. One of the reason I like the Zelda games that I do is the world feels dangerous. In BotW after the first couple hours I wasn’t feeling huge danger that often. More often it was minor shit like hot/cold requiring different gear/food buffs. I’m hoping the sequel gets a lot more combat.
    They need to do something with master mode to improve honestly in my opinion. Zelda has, for the most part, focused more on 2-3 enemies vs Link. I think it worked fine for BotW but you're right that they weren't a threat really ever.

The closest they come to that is in master mode, and that's only before you have the chance to stealth around the map collecting food and gear, then it just falls flat again.

It's definitely a situation though where the map shines on the first playthrough, but then on another playthrough it's more about finding the quests and interacting with the landscape rather than exploring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not false but was probably done for battery life. IIRC BoTW was only getting like 2 hours of life on a launch switch and XBC2 was getting close to 4 hours. 2 hours is nothing for a JRPG so I can see why they sacrificed that, should of maybe offered the option to choose if possible though. I ended up only grinding in portable mode for XC2, probably the biggest difference in portable vs docked for any switch game lol.
    Handheld mode is for Tiger Tiger.

But yeah ~2 hours at launch sounds about right from what I experienced. I remember it caused a bit of a worry too for the average lifespan of the Switch.

Actually, didn't part of the Xenoblade team help with BotW? Would make more sense why after helping make the game they realized that they needed to do something for handheld. Although there was enough time I supposed for them to realize that either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I look at the leaks, the more my original opinion basically shifts. I like a lot of the new innovations they're bringing to the table here. Still not sure how the overall package will come together but my hype is slowly rising. However, on the flip side now that I know what all the new Pokemon and forms look like... they're pretty mid. The new forms basically all look worse than their original versions to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but look what they did to my son

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah but look what they did to my son

Cyndaquil has it's flames always on, idk why they keep turning Typhlosion's flames off. He looks kinda lame without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Cyndaquil has it's flames always on, idk why they keep turning Typhlosion's flames off. He looks kinda lame without them.
    Just like Cyndaquil, Typlosion's flames will only show up in combat.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/908435473180016670/933523487446925364/pink.gif

Please use spoiler tags for leaked things. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-01-22 at 07:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They dun made my son a retarded stoner

I like the part where a game was leaked prematurely and spoilers are just being freely posted without any sort of indication or warning.

It's not very cash money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a shitty pokemon game get over it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Just like Cyndaquil, Typlosion's flames will only show up in combat.
    I saw a video where a Cyndaquil was running around with it's flames on outside of combat. I can't find it anymore. Seems like Nintendo forced a lot of leakers to take their videos down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please unneuter my rat son gamefreak

It's not so bad with the flames on (wish it looked more unique), but wish that was permanent. It just looks terrible without them. The designs this time are god-awful, but the game seems pretty fun and soulful based on what I've seen so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried out the kh demos and I have good internet but they were so bad, especially 2.5. Pass on them if you were on the fence

Finally got a OLED switch and man the screen difference just in size is insane. Looking forward to playing Pokemon legends on it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD