Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You mean an industry whose the primary audience is 18-24 year old males use women to promote their products who were hired from a modeling agency and get decent pay is bad but the 95% of women who struggle on onlyfans and are at the mercy of an ever changing tos and are usually fucked over by fees is good?

Growing up, i just ignored booth babes because i knew it was just a gig for them and didnt cry about it because i wasnt going to mess with their abilities to get more gigs :^)
    This is just a whole whatsaboutism though

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This. There's plenty of issues with the article overall, but SJW wasn't one that crossed my mind.

Although even weirder that it managed to somehow catch the attention of someone who's literally never posted in this thread until this topic.
    I don't even know if I ever posted in this thread or if you're talking about me but I read it all the time.

Usually I see a bunch of posters ganging up on VideoGames and this time it didn't make any sense and I kinda agree with him on the whole thing.

Most of the time people come out and say video games are getting boring is simply because they're swimming around on an tiny ass aquarium floating on an ocean.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2022-06-23 at 06:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is just a whole whatsaboutism though
    Nah, its calling out hypocracy. Trade shows with boothbabes were infinitely better than they are now. It was a dream of mine to go to e3, sdcc, pax etc but now trade shows are so sanitised and boring id never want to go to one.

Funny considering hes calling modern games boring. There couldnt be a correlation with the industry becoming more sanitised and boring and games becoming more boring... could there?!

Nah, its calling out hypocracy. Trade shows with boothbabes were infinitely better than they are now. It was a dream of mine to go to e3, sdcc, pax etc but now trade shows are so sanitised and boring id never want to go to one.

Funny considering hes calling modern games boring. There couldnt be a correlation with the industry becoming more sanitised and boring and games becoming more boring... could there?!
    It's not hypocritical though. You've only pointed out the flaws of only fans, not that they're the same.

Which is a point you brought up anyway, no one else was talking about or giving their opinions on only fans, you just seem to have a grudge against it.

It's a strawman, that's what it is

He's complaining gaming got terrible from 2017 onawards. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 came out in 2016. Everything checks out, this man is a closet coomer.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not hypocritical though. You've only pointed out the flaws of only fans, not that they're the same.

Which is a point you brought up anyway, no one else was talking about or giving their opinions on only fans, you just seem to have a grudge against it.

It's a strawman, that's what it is
    I dont though. I view it as the same as booth babes - fine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    He's complaining gaming got terrible from 2017 onawards. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 came out in 2016. Everything checks out, this man is a closet coomer.
    Hue, but actually i thought games between 2007-2016 were awful with a few exceptions. Since janurary 2017 on the day that re7, berseria, yakuza 0 and 2.8 came out, i feel we're in a silver age of gaming. If western games could go back to being good, that'd be great

Hue, but actually i thought games between 2007-2016 were awful with a few exceptions. Since janurary 2017 on the day that re7, berseria, yakuza 0 and 2.8 came out, i feel we're in a silver age of gaming. If western games could go back to being good, that'd be great
    2nd half of gen 8 is when Japanese devs finally got out of their long ass slump that started with HD gaming in gen 7. Gaming has definitely turned around big time since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say I do think that Western gaming has gotten worse. Bioware, Bethesda, and Blizzard who were some of the best developers in the world in the 2000s are now all pretty bad/mediocre. The only western devs that I think are amazing still are most of Sony's first party studios and Rockstar. I think the problem is that a lot of Western devs are really obsessed with high fidelity massive open worlds, whereas other than like Square Enix, most Japanese devs are focused more on the quality of the experience. Persona 5 is never going to be the most impressive game graphically, but I'd take that any day over AC: Valhalla or whatever.

Japanese devs are definitely carrying right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Japanese devs are definitely carrying right now.
    Yea, exact opposite of gen 7 where western devs where carrying as you kind of noted already. Japanese devs took awhile to adjust to HD development, but once they did they have been a factory of quality gems while the west seems to be more worried about who can make the biggest emptiest world or what features they can add to their games to make it a GAAS.

There is still some quality western devs out there like Insomniac but most of them seem to take years to release a whole lot of nothing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Considering the stories are irrelevant and all the characters are tropes, not really. Just play 4 again if you have the itch and save the money. There is enough unique content in 4S that I highly doubt any sane gamer who hasn't spent 500 hours with it has seen it all anyways. If it was $30 it might be a different story but its $50 lmao.
    Nah it's nice to have something new to play. You can only replay the same game so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Nah it's nice to have something new to play. You can only replay the same game so many times.
    There are plenty of new games to play this summer and fall, don't need to spend $50 on a meh game just to play a new game. If you have the itch for the genre, 4S is a better game in every shape and form and has more unique content on a 2nd playthru than RF5 does on a first.

Its funny what I was saying above about western games kind of applies to RF5 even though it's Japanese. "Lets make everything bigger" yea and now it's empty with no content. Game isn't just worse than 4S or base 4, it's far worse than RF3 even.

I'll spend money on XC3 and SH2 this summer and maybe a few others. 60 fps is not going to magically make RF5 a good game, in fact it's a shitty one and one of the worst of it's kind.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-23 at 07:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think rf5 was amazing but the femc had a cute hat and that was enough for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the Wii U eShop is shutting down, I decided to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles X and download the data packs before they disappear forever. Paid 80 bucks for a shiny brand new copy which actually didn't seem that bad all things considered. It's the Saudi Arabia version though (the amazon store page did not mention that at all). Luckily everything, including the case, is in English and it works on my Wii U, so thank god for that.

Probably gonna jailbreak my 3DS tonight, because apparently it's really easy and is actually a very good "emulator" for SNES, GBA, and NDS games. I put emulator in quotes, because technically it's not emulating the GBA and NDS games, only the SNES games.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can Advance Wars release already? I swear to god Nintendo is just going to make me not buy it at this rate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Can Advance Wars release already? I swear to god Nintendo is just going to make me not buy it at this rate.
    Should be soon. The war has fallen out of vouge and they want their roi

10+ Year Old Account
    Jailbreaking my 3ds is probably the best decision I've ever made, mainly because now I can put Rom hacks on it. Already got Pokemon Unbound up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Since the Wii U eShop is shutting down, I decided to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles X and download the data packs before they disappear forever. Paid 80 bucks for a shiny brand new copy which actually didn't seem that bad all things considered. It's the Saudi Arabia version though (the amazon store page did not mention that at all). Luckily everything, including the case, is in English and it works on my Wii U, so thank god for that.

Probably gonna jailbreak my 3DS tonight, because apparently it's really easy and is actually a very good "emulator" for SNES, GBA, and NDS games. I put emulator in quotes, because technically it's not emulating the GBA and NDS games, only the SNES games.
    Just got myself a copy of Xenoblade X as well and a Wii U. Was hopeful they would port it to the Switch, but I gave up. Would've loved to grab the special edition, but as much as I love the series, it's way too pricey.

Wii U was only $60 because it was "overheating". I was fully prepared to open it up to put in new thermal paste and a new thermal pad, but the good ole vacuum+compressed air was good enough. Seller must have really not cared for the thing.

Enjoying X so far, but people weren't joking about the small text, makes me feel like I need an eye exam. Hopefully I beat it before 3 comes out.

It was more important to make XCDE than port XCX tbh since if XCX plays into the greater narrative its chronologically after XC3 anyways since nothing else would make sense. I think when they do port X they want to make a full DE again and not just a straight port, to give the entire series continuity and the same "look".

Should be soon. The war has fallen out of vouge and they want their roi
    You dont actually believe that "muhkraine" bullshit excuse, do you?

The game just wasnt finished. Simple as.

They're rushing things for some reason.

Xenoblade 3 is also being rushed out. Thats the reason the CE is dogshit this time. No time. Fuck, you dont even get the CE contents on game release, they send it months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
    You dont actually believe that "muhkraine" bullshit excuse, do you?

The game just wasnt finished. Simple as.

They're rushing things for some reason.

Xenoblade 3 is also being rushed out. Thats the reason the CE is dogshit this time. No time. Fuck, you dont even get the CE contents on game release, they send it months later.
    Xenoblade 3 isn't being rushed, it got moved from Sep to July because Splatoon 3 couldn't make the summer so they didn't have the manufacturing ready for the CE. This is fairly obvious if you paid attention to literally anything Nintendo.

Your entire post reads like someone clueless on the fact Nintendo sits on finished games all the time looking for perfect release windows and only their absolute heaviest hitting games are sent out exactly when they're ready.

But hey, 2 post account coming with the amazing conspiracy theory that Nintendo used the real life war as an excuse to delay an unfinished game, what a cutie we have here. At least post that tin foil on your main account.