Seems like super sentai transformations is the new trend in JRPGs now, first with Trails and now with XBC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Seems like super sentai transformations is the new trend in JRPGs now, first with Trails and now with XBC3.
    New? Persona 5 did it 6 years ago.

Hell, Tales of Zestiria did it a year before that.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-06-25 at 01:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Other than xenoblade, I just stopped buying special editions cause they're such a waste of plastic and space. I don't know why people care about them anymore. All the art in the artbooks is on google. All the music in the ost is on youtube. The bags suck and they're too small. Helemts have mold in them. Pins break easily. Steelbooks are ugly and mess up uniformity on your shelf

You know what I care about now? Jigsaw puzzles, so I bought these
    https://store.nisamerica.com/the-leg...0-piece-puzzle
    https://store.nisamerica.com/trails-...0-piece-puzzle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Other than xenoblade, I just stopped buying special editions cause they're such a waste of plastic and space. I don't know why people care about them anymore. All the art in the artbooks is on google. All the music in the ost is on youtube. The bags suck and they're too small. Helemts have mold in them. Pins break easily. Steelbooks are ugly and mess up uniformity on your shelf

You know what I care about now? Jigsaw puzzles, so I bought these
    https://store.nisamerica.com/the-leg...0-piece-puzzle
    https://store.nisamerica.com/trails-...0-piece-puzzle
    I only realy buy them if they come with some toy like statue at least. Or something you can put on wall.

Don't sweat the details!!!

I like the artbooks. The artbooks in collectors editions are like buying vinyl albums. It's not necessarily that the product itself is superior, but rather it's the experience. The experience of pulling your CE box off of the shelf, blowing the dust, off, opening it, taking out the artbook, sitting down in your lazyboy chair by the lampstand, flipping through the pages.

That being said, most artbooks aren't actually good. Bad formatting and wasted space, pictures are too small, only final images being shown rather than showing alternative explorations and unused concepts, no artist commentaries (or if there is an artist commentary, there is a 50/50 chance it wasn't translated from Japanese), etc. You're better off waiting for the artbook to come out and seeing The Art and Making Of's review on it before deciding to buy it.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...042545665?s=20

Well thats the monkey paw of the century. At best we could see bayo 3 and mario + rabbids

Redout 2 has a cool first-time intro:

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...042545665?s=20

Well thats the monkey paw of the century. At best we could see bayo 3 and mario + rabbids
    Since bayo counts for these "partner show cases" even though Nintendo owns and publishes the game but it's made outside the company then I guess we could also see shit like MP Remaster(probably not done by Retro and definitely not done by Nintendo) and the new Fire Emblem(which is probably made by Koei Tecmo and not even IS again, just with IS direction). Not counting on it tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/me.../1100-6504912/

This news sounds cool, but it also kinda sounds like the Metroid Prime games will be sold separately? I'm gonna laugh so hard if they try to sell each of these games for 60 dollars, when remasters/remakes of older games like the Crash/Spyro trilogies, the Master Chief Collection, and the Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, and Jak & Daxter trilogies all released with all 3 games for like 40 dollars at launch.

But it's Nintendo, so of course they will. Regardless, I have the trilogy on the Wii U anyways so I don't care.

Major IP = bare bones remaster that is mostly just a res boost full price ala SS.

Lesser known IP = high quality remaster maybe even with bundled games or extra content added ala Advanced Wars or XCDE.

Funny how it works right. Hell If Nintendo actually bundled the entire MP Trilogy together on switch they would probably be emulated and only sold for a limited time like Mario 3d All Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Major IP = bare bones remaster that is mostly just a res boost full price ala SS.

Lesser known IP = high quality remaster maybe even with bundled games or extra content added ala Advanced Wars or XCDE.

Funny how it works right. Hell If Nintendo actually bundled the entire MP Trilogy together on switch they would probably be emulated and only sold for a limited time like Mario 3d All Stars.
    as a 23+ Nintendo Gamer it makes me sad to see how they evolved after Iwata passed away. With him we had a Gamer, Visionary and Developer as a President. Kimishima and Furokawa are just Buisnessmen. And they are doing a good job, melking the fans and abusing the trust of the fans they build up over the years, and most games are expensiver as their predecessors and even have less content. But most people buy it anyway... Maybe the "Switch 2" need to be a big failure, so Nintendo gets back to make good games.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    as a 23+ Nintendo Gamer it makes me sad to see how they evolved after Iwata passed away. With him we had a Gamer, Visionary and Developer as a President. Kimishima and Furokawa are just Buisnessmen. And they are doing a good job, melking the fans and abusing the trust of the fans they build up over the years, and most games are expensiver as their predecessors and even have less content. But most people buy it anyway... Maybe the "Switch 2" need to be a big failure, so Nintendo gets back to make good games.
    Eh, as far as pricing and stuff go's things where only SLIGHTLY better under Iwata and you can write most of that off as them trying to drive sales of a failing console in the Wii U. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker where bare bones remasters sold for $50 which was only $10 less than the average full price Wii U game, Bayo 2 came bundled with Bayo 1 and DKCTF was $50 at launch outside of those examples pretty much everything was $60, and stayed $60 unless it got a Nintendo Selects version.

I don't think anything would be different with Iwata in charge, the game quality hasn't really dropped which is where Iwata was most important. He also wasn't in the business of giving away Nintendo games for cheap. Hell he gave a talk at a conference on the video game industry devaluing games and racing to price drop to the bottom being bad.

Iwata was great in that he created a great workplace for his employees and also protected them by taking a pay cut instead of layoffs when Nintendo stock tanked, and was also brilliant when it came to the games industry in general... But it's not like this translated to the consumer having cheaper access to Nintendo games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-27 at 06:53 PM.

Eh, as far as pricing and stuff go's things where only SLIGHTLY better under Iwata and you can write most of that off as them trying to drive sales of a failing console in the Wii U. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker where bare bones remasters sold for $50 which was only $10 less than the average full price Wii U game, Bayo 2 came bundled with Bayo 1 and DKCTF was $50 at launch outside of those examples pretty much everything was $60, and stayed $60 unless it got a Nintendo Selects version.

I don't think anything would be different with Iwata in charge, the game quality hasn't really dropped which is where Iwata was most important. He also wasn't in the business of giving away Nintendo games for cheap. Hell he gave a talk at a conference on the video game industry devaluing games and racing to price drop to the bottom being bad.

Iwata was great in that he created a great workplace for his employees and also protected them by taking a pay cut instead of layoffs when Nintendo stock tanked, and was also brilliant when it came to the games industry in general... But it's not like this translated to the consumer having cheaper access to Nintendo games.
    Ports/Remastered for 60$ are fine, because the games are good and big names. Overall i mean with iwata we wouldnt have get Games like Mario Strikers, with like 0 Content.

Ports/Remastered for 60$ are fine, because the games are good and big names. Overall i mean with iwata we wouldnt have get Games like Mario Strikers, with like 0 Content.

You sure about that dawg?

15+ Year Old Account
    While i respect iwata as a programmer, he pushed for the casualization of their consoles and theyre been less than setllar. And yes i know that was their only option after the n64 and gamecube bombed, but xb3 with near ps5 graphics is the dream
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-06-27 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Crash Bandicoot not a big name? Are those games not good? I'd argue Crash Bandicoot is a bigger name than Metroid which is relatively niche according to sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Is Crash Bandicoot not a big name? Are those games not good? I'd argue Crash Bandicoot is a bigger name than Metroid which is relatively niche according to sales.
    for me its not.

- - - Updated - - -

You sure about that dawg?
    but there are way more good games/low price DLCs then bad games. I mean u got 200cc for free in mk8, hyruel warriors dlc for like 15 Euros with tons of new characters, maps etc.

I dont say back then it was flawless, but better then today.

10+ Year Old Account
    for me its not.
    I don't see how your personal opinion is relevant when we're talking about a price point that would affect everyone.

but there are way more good games/low price DLCs then bad games. I mean u got 200cc for free in mk8, hyruel warriors dlc for like 15 Euros with tons of new characters, maps etc.

Games on the switch have also gotten free updates and good dlc for cheap so not even sure what your point is. Splatoon 2 and ACNH where heavily supported with free updates, SMO had one as well. The Xenoblade 2 season pass ended up having a completely new game as a part of it...

15+ Year Old Account
    for me its not.

- - - Updated - - -

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy was a commercial success, selling over 2.5 million copies in the first three months of its release, increasing to ten million by February 2019

Lel. Sold so well they made a whole new game