10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I don't mind being overleveled. Not being able to unlock classes is annoying but I doubt it will matter in the long run, especially if I go for a ng+ run.
    Well i just got to new area and holy....its so big. Also, its not realy a problem to lvl up classes as some areas you can just visit when exploring off the quest and kill monsters there for those lvls. Also for unlocking specific class, just have a hero of that class in party till you get 2-3 characters that can use it.

And here is another problem. Some characters suck at specific class and its best to just lvl them up with nopon coins (those Ranked D/E) to get the specific skills.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    And here is another problem. Some characters suck at specific class and its best to just lvl them up with nopon coins (those Ranked D/E) to get the specific skills.
    I know they level slowly but I’m not sure if they are actually worse.

Well i just got to new area and holy....its so big. Also, its not realy a problem to lvl up classes as some areas you can just visit when exploring off the quest and kill monsters there for those lvls. Also for unlocking specific class, just have a hero of that class in party till you get 2-3 characters that can use it.

Leveling classes is a joke no matter how "bad" the character is at it. The worst character will be at level 8 at the same time the best character is 10, barely any difference. I have thrown a few silver coins at classes simply cause I hit cap and had nothing else to buy but that's the only reason to ever do so, I spend the vast majority of them on completing the fetch quests for first time rewards that I don't have full mats for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Overleveling is kind of a bad thing even for people who want the game to be easier because you can't learn hero classes while fighting gray enemies. Kind of a puzzling thing to have in the game since you still get xp and cp from them but can't actually learn and unlock hero classes while fighting them. If I used bonus xp right now I would be level 68 across the board which is like 25+ levels over chapter 5 lmfao.

Levels also don't seem to matter much unless you're so low the mob is red. Otherwise classes and group comp matter way more than levels. You can easily get your ass handed to you by some lvl 35 uniques when you're 45 on hard if your comp is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing as a healer kind of sucks imo. Playing as a defender lets you 1 tank the game for the most part as long as you play it on Mio or Lanz so you don't lose your tank to interlink. 2 defenders is mandatory otherwise lol.
    I find tanking in Xenoblade games boring. At least I can use many fusion arts that offer heals instead of attacks so I'm basically healing with every art.

I feel like the only issue with over-leveling is that you can't unlock classes when you out-level the mob you're killing, which seems like a massive oversight considering you can still gain exp and cp in general. Hopefully, this is just something they patch later.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I find tanking in Xenoblade games boring. At least I can use many fusion arts that offer heals instead of attacks so I'm basically healing with every art.
    My tank in XC3 is the highest dps in the party and it's not even a defender it's a Incursor which has ridiculous dodge and no actual tank can hold aggro off it so you just make it the tank. It's far from boring.

Soul Hacker is another attacker class that can do pretty much anything, I would never bother playing a true healer class sounds like the most boring shit in the game tbh. Hell the only healer in my entire party right now is Fiona and shes there just to buff and res. Healing is garbage compared to avoidance once you're in chapter 5. The only real use for healers in mid to late game is easy chain attack cheese if you suck at estimating tp I have experienced. At least on hard if you try to raw tank shit without using avoidance arts and gems you will just die, doesn't matter who is healing you.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-08-07 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Some early tanks are kinda boring, but tho ones you get later are pretty fun to play. Doubleblade lance one is my favorite so far.

Also WTF ... 1h 20 min long cutscene with lvl 50 boss fights in betwen. I was lvl 55, so i guess a bit of overlvl did help to make them easier. One of bosses felt a bit cheaty and i had to use survive with 1 hp item on healers due to 1 shot. Went to lvl 58 after all this.

A bit of warning. I seen youtube videos of this game pop-up recomended as a movie thing and seriosly, block those channels as story is ready good and it gets better and better with every chapter. This game is realy loooooooooooooong.

My tank in XC3 is the highest dps in the party and it's not even a defender it's a Incursor which has ridiculous dodge and no actual tank can hold aggro off it so you just make it the tank. It's far from boring.

Soul Hacker is another attacker class that can do pretty much anything, I would never bother playing a true healer class sounds like the most boring shit in the game tbh. Hell the only healer in my entire party right now is Fiona and shes there just to buff and res. Healing is garbage compared to avoidance once you're in chapter 5. The only real use for healers in mid to late game is easy chain attack cheese if you suck at estimating tp I have experienced. At least on hard if you try to raw tank shit without using avoidance arts and gems you will just die, doesn't matter who is healing you.
    To each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Some early tanks are kinda boring, but tho ones you get later are pretty fun to play. Doubleblade lance one is my favorite so far.

Also WTF ... 1h 20 min long cutscene with lvl 50 boss fights in betwen. I was lvl 55, so i guess a bit of overlvl did help to make them easier. One of bosses felt a bit cheaty and i had to use survive with 1 hp item on healers due to 1 shot. Went to lvl 58 after all this.

A bit of warning. I seen youtube videos of this game pop-up recomended as a movie thing and seriosly, block those channels as story is ready good and it gets better and better with every chapter. This game is realy loooooooooooooong.
    I'm already in NG+ with all classes unlocked and leveled up. I'm just not a fan of tanking in Xenoblade.

Recently started playing Octopath Traveler, better late than never.
    Fun game, very cool modern-retro graphics.
    I'm nearly done fetching all the 8 characters.
    Does it get more challenging?
    Only the bosses present some sort of challenge, but so far it's mostly because they have very high HP compared to normal enemies.
    I love the battle system, so I sure hope there will be greater challenges later on...

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Only the bosses present some sort of challenge, but so far it's mostly because they have very high HP compared to normal enemies.
    I love the battle system, so I sure hope there will be greater challenges later on...
    There is plenty of challenging boss fights late game. The bosses to unlock the final 4 jobs, a great wolf, some old god looking dude these are all super bosses. Then the actual true ending is locked behind the strongest super boss in the game that most people rage quit on and don't bother to get if you go off the r/jrpg whine fest about it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-08-08 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Zephyr was pretty fun when you were forced to switch roles. Really reminded me of evasion tanking in 2. Block tanks are trash though. They can never seem to hold aggro and take too much damage with the pitiful healing we have

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Zephyr was pretty fun when you were forced to switch roles. Really reminded me of evasion tanking in 2. Block tanks are trash though. They can never seem to hold aggro and take too much damage with the pitiful healing we have
    Block tanks to work, need to unlock other class abilitys and some specific gear. They are immortal pretty much once you figure out what works.
    Same goes for healers, heck they all need 1 ability from medic to work. You put a medic aoe and other aoe hell on same button slot and its imposible to die.

The pre-build a class button is kinda usless as you have to use skills that benefit specific party setup. For some reason it keeps giving survive with 1 hp item to tanks (for only 1 battle) wich is a usless item and better used on healers that have problem with aggro early game.

Also, this game has way to many side quests . Will take a while for all to finish. Kinda stuck on nopon class upgrade quest as i lack items. Kinda fell sorry for people who rushed main story, as some side quests are really good (Taion class upgrade one is great), but some of them are kinda life in colony and problems.
    Fetch specific items that you have to collect in world (without any markers or where to look for) are the worst.

What if Nintendo bought Minecraft instead of Microsoft?

I think Minecraft would have been a better fit for Nintendo than Microsoft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    The optional extra job bosses, endgame optional bosses and secret story final boss all present an added challenge. Especially the last one, easily the hardest boss I've ever faced in any JRPG.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    What if Nintendo bought Minecraft instead of Microsoft?
    Highly unlikely to have ever happened.

• Minecraft was first and foremost a PC game, a platform that Nintendo wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.
    • Minecraft was a western game. Nintendo has cultivated its brand as a Japanese games company. They need only look at Square Enix to know that a Japanese game dev trying to chase after the Western market by making and buying up Western style games only leads you to near bankruptcy and the destruction of your reputation.
    • Nintendo wouldn't drop $2.5 billion for a one hit wonder. They'd rather build up their own original IPs from the start.

In your hypothetical timeline where Nintendo did buy Microsoft, then the Minecraft community would have been strangled as Nintendo would proceed to clamp down on modding and community creations. Minecraft would not have endured to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Highly unlikely to have ever happened.

• Minecraft was first and foremost a PC game, a platform that Nintendo wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.
    • Minecraft was a western game. Nintendo has cultivated its brand as a Japanese games company. They need only look at Square Enix to know that a Japanese game dev trying to chase after the Western market by making and buying up Western style games only leads you to near bankruptcy and the destruction of your reputation.
    • Nintendo wouldn't drop $2.5 billion for a one hit wonder. They'd rather build up their own original IPs from the start.

In your hypothetical timeline where Nintendo did buy Microsoft, then the Minecraft community would have been strangled as Nintendo would proceed to clamp down on modding and community creations. Minecraft would not have endured to this day.
    It's a typical bait question from that account who never engages anyways but to sum it up even simpler Nintendo doesn't buy almost anything. They bought Monolith Software because Monolith wanted out of Bamco and negotiated with Nintendo and Bamco for that to happen. They created Retro and didn't buy them. They bought Next Level Games cause they are important due to LM3 being a massive hit and where in financial trouble. That's about it. Nintendo doesn't even own Game Freak, Intelligent Systems, Hal, or Camelot who are pretty much all Nintendo exclusive game factories.

Sena is really the red headed step child character of the XC3 party, mfer really made her ascension quest about a completely different character's story arc that she is only barely involved with lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sena is really the red headed step child character of the XC3 party, mfer really made her ascension quest about a completely different character's story arc that she is only barely involved with lmao.
    Well she does get story parts in other ones.

Anyway --- looks like that nopon sage dimension is now cannon. From xen2 where you recrut characters from 1.

Melia winks at Riku, knowing that he is was Rex in previous life.

Well she does get story parts in other ones.
    Nah I'm sorry Sena gets jack shit. Most of the hero roster gets more character development than her. Should of axed her ass from the game and had one of the far more interesting heros have been the 6th party member.

Sena's entire character development is being emotional about every other small/kid character in the game. This chick is literally a side character to Ghondor and Senri's character arcs and shes in the main party lmfao. Complete waste of space and really the only thing I think is bad about the game is her entire existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I'm sorry Sena gets jack shit. Most of the hero roster gets more character development than her. Should of axed her ass from the game and had one of the far more interesting heros have been the 6th party member.

Sena's entire character development is being emotional about every other small/kid character in the game. This chick is literally a side character to Ghondor and Senri's character arcs and shes in the main party lmfao. Complete waste of space and really the only thing I think is bad about the game is her entire existence.
    I’m the girl with the gall