Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    of course the outrage is silly. if you want women on equal footing with men in these fictional universes (games, books, shows, etc...) then some of them should be treated badly.

I always find it funny how horde players want to remove/nerf human free defense trinket(EMFH) yet they don't want them to touch their own free trinket (orc & troll free dps trinket)

I see someone took something entirely out of context with the blue response again.

Ah, feminism once again in it's quest to prove once and for all that women are strong and independent by forcing game developers into self-censorship because something they made is too offensive.

For the record, I agree on that first point, but apparently feminists don't. Or perhaps I shouldn't be referring to them as "feminists" and call them what they are: far-left authoritarian moral police who want to feel like they are making a difference in the world without actually doing anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    It's funny, because this all started in response to women "whining".
    And this highlights the problem. Some people (assumed to be women) say that they find something sexist, and are immediately branded (mostly by men) as whiners. It doesn't matter at all what the supposed thing is or whether it can be objectively said to be sexist or not - you're saying that someone's perception of reality is less important, or certainly more worthy of contempt, than your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    How is it hard to figure out why someone would be a little upset over this? You're just being obstinate.
    I refuse to believe you are actually upset about a poorly written fictional character in a poorly written fictional universe, expressed through a poorly written book. Let alone actually offended. If so, step back.

Furthermore, poorly written book or not, it's still accurate to Malfurion's character. Anyone who played the games knows his ego is 27 sizes larger than it should be, and as the supposedly most powerful blah blah of whatever he's constantly touted as, I imagine he would come off as an intimidating figure. He pretty much takes the authoritative stance over everyone we see him encounter.

Introducing sexism to it is reaching, but I have no doubt this was discussed to death on places like tumblr (exactly where one expects to find it) and dismissed with the internet bullying technique of reducing entire arguments to a condescending insult like "men whining."

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about as far away from being interested in pets as it gets but I might have to get Left Shark.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why i preferred it when games were played by 99% men and women thought we were just in the basement masturbating or something, women will and have always ruin games for everybody else. Take one look at twitch and you will see the circus women have made it into...

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-04-22 at 08:01 PM.

Give us back Perception and we're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    This is why i preferred it when games were played by 99% men and women thought we were just in the basement masturbating or something, women will and have always ruin games for everybody else. Take one look at twitch and you will see the circus women have made it into...
    So painfully true, everything in gaming started going downhill the moment those cunts demanded their space.

And you know what's even more pathetic? it's the very same ones that during school were like "eww video games, stupid boys", and suddenly they want in on it.

The hypocrisy is powerful in this, it's astonishing.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-04-22 at 07:57 PM.

Sure is some MRA Gamergate trash in these comments

God I hate tumblr sjw activists. They're as pathetic as the fedora wearing my little pony loving neckbeards you find on this site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post
    WTF !!!!! BM nerfs , wath are they thinking ???
    Not a nerf. They reverted a buff from a previous build. Both Kill Command and Master of Beasts were returned to their values on live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogonotrope View Post
    you're saying that someone's perception of reality is less important, or certainly more worthy of contempt, than your own.
    Apart from the fact that I would probably describe the opinion of the perpetually offended as "worthless" rather than just "less important", it was you who started with "In this thread: men whining." so I guess its time for you to grab your own nose.

Sure is some MRA Gamergate trash in these comments

Quote Originally Posted by Help ol Gil Out View Post
    I'm about as far away from being interested in pets as it gets but I might have to get Left Shark.
    Yep me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Too bad that time period has only ever existed within your lonely, hate-filled head.

Deleted
    Ohmygod!!! Pepe as a Ninja!?

*shocked*

These comments are laughable. Blizzard does something so casual as change a name because some people found it to be in bad taste and you're all whining about women and calling them slurs and accusing them of ruining the industry.

Gamer guys sure aren't misogynistic dudebros threatened by ICKY GURLS entering their EXCLUSIVE BOY'S CLUB NO GIRLS ALLOWED or anything...

- - - Updated - - -

And this highlights the problem. Some people (assumed to be women) say that they find something sexist, and are immediately branded (mostly by men) as whiners. It doesn't matter at all what the supposed thing is or whether it can be objectively said to be sexist or not - you're saying that someone's perception of reality is less important, or certainly more worthy of contempt, than your own.
    Basically. These people go on and on about misandry and Tumblr being anti-male but they really do get offended over and cry about every single thing, even something as insignificant as this.

A victory for women's rights is a defeat for men's to them. It's a zero-sum game. If gaming becomes a less hostile place to women and more of them start playing, that's the worst thing in the world to these guys.

You assumed that it is men who are whining now. See how that works both ways. You're no better. People in general get offended by every little thing, it doesn't matter if it is gender, race, etc. and I feel it is getting out of hand. I would hate to live in the shoes of people who get easily offended cause that would be a horrible world to live in. The thing is I am not saying racism, sexism, etc doesn't exist or is at the point where it RARELY happens, but I would rather see these people go after things that matter, not stupid crap a name in a video game. I mean seriously, if the name was "Malfurion's Bitch" or "Hush Tyande" ok fine, but this is nothing, or should be nothing. Don't go assuming that "men" (assuming it is only men) complaining just because it "video games are a boys club", but how stupid it is to get offended by something so minor.