Page 1 of 139
... LastLast

Total War: WARHAMMER - Official anounced

Total War: WARHAMMER has been officialy anounced
    below you can see the cinematic reveal trailer.

First in-engine trailer

"Our rules have changed, and with change comes war on a scale as yet unimagined.

Gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes and storms of magical power take their place on the battlefield, alongside thousands of warriors clashing in real-time tactical battles. All at YOUR command. In the turn-based campaign game of statecraft & empire building, you will find the Old World an unforgiving and treacherous place, filled with endless war and cunning alliances alike. Whichever race you choose to play as and however you seek conquest, you will be faced with a conflict that threatens to tear the very fabric of reality asunder."

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA
    Total War: WARHAMMER is official! Taking the series to a realm of brutal, high fantasy for the first time in its history, our rules have changed and with change comes war on a scale as yet unimagined.

The limitlessly deep and rich universe of Warhammer heralds a new era for Total War. Gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes and storms of magical power take their place on the battlefield, alongside thousands of warriors clashing in real-time tactical battles.

In the turn-based campaign game, players will find the Old World an unforgiving and treacherous place, filled with endless war and cunning alliances alike. Whichever race you choose to play as and however you seek conquest, you will be faced with a conflict that threatens to tear the very fabric of reality asunder.

The first in an epic trilogy of titles, Total War: WARHAMMER will deliver hundreds of hours of absorbing gameplay. It will combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the single largest Total War experience ever.

“We’ve always loved the Warhammer universe, and couldn’t wait to approach it with the same colossal scale and authenticity that has characterised our titles for the last 15 years,” said Total War: WARHAMMER Project Lead, Ian Roxburgh. “We’re bringing it to life in a way that nobody’s attempted before.”
    Confirmed Trilogy of 3 standalone games, each with their own set of content packs/DLC

The valiant Karl Franz marshals the men of the Empire, seeking to unite the fractured elector counts under a banner of strength against their common enemies.
    Hungry for the vicious brutality of combat, the Greenskins flock to the tribe of Grimgor Ironhide; Orcs and Goblins alike filled with an insatiable thirst for carnage.
    High King Thorgrim orders the stoic Dwarfs forth from their mountain strongholds, marching to vengefully right the grave injustices dealt to them over the millennia.
    Yet the motives of the Vampire Counts under Mannfred von Carstien are shrouded in murderous secrecy, his armies raised from the rotting ranks of the dead.
    And while the Old World becomes torn by betrayal, war and the unleashing of unfathomable power, a greater threat still whispers in the winds from the north. The fabric of reality itself begins to rend and buckle…

- In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character , who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race.

- Each legendary character has a quest arc, unique abilities, armour, weapons and in some cases, access to mounts. Each race will play very differently from each other; to master them all will require massive variation in campaign and battle strategy. Greenskins aren’t going to behave the same way as the Empire for example, and will have access to different playstyles and features.

- The races in Warhammer are massively different in variation and content compared to factions we’ve depicted in our games before. Given the huge variety in creatures, characters and machines in the Warhammer world, we’ve decided to go deep rather than wide.

- We’ll be putting as much unit and content variation as we can into the main game to best represent the incredibly detailed races we’ve chosen first. The game will provide just as many hundreds of hours of gameplay as any other Total War game. Probably more as the sides you choose won’t be as similar to each other, so you’ll experience far greater variation in campaigns than before.

- Total War: Warhammer has been in development for a number of years already.

- We’re planning full game follow-ups, DLC content packs and Free-LC to follow the main release.
    These will include new playable Lords, units, races and more. We’ll talk about these in time, but for now, our focus is on crafting a deep, rich and content-heavy main game.

Last edited by Throren; 2015-07-17 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Sega got this mark from THQ. It was only matter of time right?

Sega pls bring us DoW3!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit... I Need this game

Reckon if it does well they'll do one with 40k as well
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The real question is if its just a re skin of Rome 2 with minor changes and if its as buggy on release.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Was that a Lord of Change summoned near the end? I am not much into Warhammer fantasy to recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Was that a Lord of Change summoned near the end? I am not much into Warhammer fantasy to recognize it.
    Yup, it for sure was a lord of change

Tzench (spelled that wrong I'm a bit rusty on my 'Warhammer' spelling) as the Chaos power is always so boring... Great they summon stuff and have deadly magic. I'm sure it'll sell copies since Games Workshop has a legion of fans salivating for new products.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated rome 2, and i deliberately avoided atilla because of that experience and all the reviews saying it was a reskin.

I've loved total war, medieval total war 2, all the shogun total wars, napoleon total war too and empire total war is an old favourite! I really hope they don't disappoint on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Tzench (spelled that wrong I'm a bit rusty on my 'Warhammer' spelling) as the Chaos power is always so boring... Great they summon stuff and have deadly magic. I'm sure it'll sell copies since Games Workshop has a legion of fans salivating for new products.
    Well its Total War, chances are all gods will be represented.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Holy shit... I Need this game

Reckon if it does well they'll do one with 40k as well
    A 40k one wouldn't work on this scale, so highly doubtful.

Liked Rome 2 despite the hate, loved Atilla, will be pre ordering this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    A 40k one wouldn't work on this scale, so highly doubtful.
    The change the scale... I want to control an army of Necrons damnit .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The change the scale... I want to control an army of Necrons damnit .
    Meh, Crons are just Tomb Kings in space nowadays, so play OG Tomb Kings.

It really is a perfect IP for a total war game. Looking forward to this.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

So damn exited, total war mixed with warhammer is something ive always wanted to see. And i much prefer fantasy over 40k in a game like this so very very happy.

I really want this to be good but I sincerely doubt it.

It's to close to Rome 2s release and hints to it have already been shown in Rome 2 dev videos. It will probably depend on the same engine and thats already a knockout criteria. I don't need another game of hunchbacks stuttersteping into the enemy army to glitch through it only to stop for some killmove spamming.

I look forward to picking this up a year after launch, when the bugs are ironed out and it goes on sale for at least 50% off, so I get the full game at regular price (not half a game with 6+ DLC packs totaling the price of two games).

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I really want this to be good but I sincerely doubt it.

It's to close to Rome 2s release and hints to it have already been shown in Rome 2 dev videos. It will probably depend on the same engine and thats already a knockout criteria. I don't need another game of hunchbacks stuttersteping into the enemy army to glitch through it only to stop for some killmove spamming.
    I really hope thay make a new engine for this and not the same modified warscape engine. Also there was a lack of any elves, lizardmen, tombking, skaven, ogre kingdom and more.

Cant wait to play as the Bretonnians and Orcs&Goblins and pretty much all the other ones, and i wonder if they will go for dlc for alot of the factions, like releasing one faction at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    So anyone not up on Warhams, the spell the mage that was actually fighting was Comet of Cassandora.

Just you know.... fyi...

So the Empire, Vampire Counts, Dwarves, Orks and good ol' Chaos is confirmed from the trailer alone. I hope that there are more races like Skaven, Lizard Men and Tomb Kings. If I can get just one of those three it will be worth it for me.

Been wanting this game since I played my first total war game, but after Rome 2 I'm not buying anything from them again except maybe on sale if it gets EXTREMELY good (to make up for the inevitable fanboy wanking) reviews BY USERS (because we all know professional reviewers' reviews aren't worth the shit they're printed with these days).

I doubt that'll happen, though. Too bad, really.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."