Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Coop is very fun to play, mp is also great if you have friends to set up games like sieges and stuff, there is also head to head, 2vs2 and 3vs3. If you have good computers you can set up huge games with tons of troops.
    Do the Total War games have a "points" system (like tabletop Warhammer) to balance armies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Do the Total War games have a "points" system (like tabletop Warhammer) to balance armies?
    In campaign mode no. In custom battles etc you have gold to spend so can set even battles or give yourself an advantage/disadvantage, my favourite is to go against 2 computers as a defender with less money and survive as long as I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who haven't seen it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hype is ridiculous.

Does anyone know if Grimgor's Immortulz is still in the game? on all streams he is alone but back in the fire pass video he was surrounded by his bodyguard unit. Also says he has that unit on the total war wiki so i really hope they have not removed them, maby they are a end game skill for him or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if there will be Skaven faction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Anyone know if there will be Skaven faction?
    3 games in ten years plus dlc in between, it's very likely, I think they're such an iconic faction they'll be a big release.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorial View Post
    There's a series of quests and text events, also several between characters banter sessions according to the videos. Otherwise it seems to be "Here's the map, now stop expecting handholding".
    How's story mode the same as handholding?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    3 games in ten years plus dlc in between, it's very likely, I think they're such an iconic faction they'll be a big release.
    Wow, I didnt realize they had a solid expansion plan. I bet we see Necron too!

/HYPE

wait. . .now that I think about it, necron is 40k =o[

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Wow, I didnt realize they had a solid expansion plan. I bet we see Necron too!

/HYPE

wait. . .now that I think about it, necron is 40k =o[
    Tomb Kings in Warhammer Fantasy Battle are the closest to WH40k Necrons, so you can wait for Tomb Kings They are cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaughty8 View Post
    tomb kings in warhammer fantasy battle are the closest to wh40k necrons, so you can wait for tomb kings they are cool.

/rehype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checked out the Tomb Kings on google. Hoe - lee- shit. I need to get up on my WHF lorez.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-05-18 at 03:39 PM.

Tomb Kings were my army of choice in WHFB, but I was not a fan of what they did to them in 8th ed. Yeah, they needed to sell models, but I felt 7ed TKs were fairly balanced and only needed minor tweaks, but I digress. Still, TKs as a whole are a great army, with an interesting lore. They are a very tactical army, and use magic to assist in movement (one thing I really enjoy about the army). I do think that the changes to magic made in 8ed will allow for an easier transition into TW:WH. As for how they will play in TW:WH is anyone's guess, I just can't wait to see some blocks of Tomb Guards, units of chariots, Ushabti, the ever useful Tomb Scorpions, and the Arc of the Cov...er...Casket of Souls (I couldn't care less about the monsters added in 8ed, but I expect we'll see them nonetheless).

As for when to expect them, my guess is with the 2nd expansion, which will most likely also contain Lizardmen (since the 1st expansion will most likely be all of the Elves).

10+ Year Old Account
    The basic gist is, its great!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are Let's Plays up on Youtube and a few streams on Twitch if anyone wants to check it out. Seems really solid so far.

Deleted
    Hmmm.... call me a freaking noob, but some reviews state that the campaign gets really easy once you have your armies established (steamrolling)
    That's actually a huge letdown, I never had these issues in Shogun when I played on the hardest difficult, mostly to cheating AI I have to admit, but by the time I managed to get a huge economy and several maxed out, fully upgraded armies going, there were always 2-3 other factions that where extremely strong, big and that could do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some reviews state they got slaughtered too quickly by chaos.
    Also what difficulty are they playing at?
    If I was reviewing a game I'd at least have it on medium if not easy.

Great reviews, this game will only get better each time they expand it with more land and races.

Now waiting for angry joe review

I'm hoping some of the reviewers cover co-op campaigns, since ~75% of my TW time is played co-op, but I'd be surprised if even one of them mention it. I played a bunch of Shogun 2 co-op campaigns (and maybe 2 solo campaigns?), but Rome 2 co-op really burned me since it was broke until the Emperor Edition, so this is one of the biggest factor for me.