Page 7 of 139 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have been waiting for this game since high school when I played the very first shogun total war

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And Warhammer both fantasy and 40k is still the only IP where orcs have charisma.
    Erm... No. They have a certain savage charm, but not charisma.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Eh, nothing stands out about wow orcs to me.

They are just your average D&D orc with a Warhammer orc skin on top.
    Blizzard and Bethesda both *tried* to create a new orc - the "klingon" orc so to speak, the misunderstood yet noble and wise savage - yet Blizzard have, ever since Cataclysm, been backtracking to their Warcraft 2 days, when their Orcs were just Warhammer orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Warcraft orcs have charisma? Its either Flawless Goel of Goeldom or braindead Groms of retardation.
    I'm not sure you really know what charisma means though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    Calling it now:

High Elves are Empire reskins.

Ogres are Orc reskins.

Lizardmen are also Orc reskins.

Tomb Kings are Vampire Counts reskins... and barely even reskins.

All are separate DLC, $40 each.
    Lizardman play nothing like orcs on the tabletop, don't be silly

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    On the other hand, TW: Attila has been very well received. Hopefully Rome 2 was their blip.
    Atilla was well received because it is a reskinned Rome 2. They had time to get all the bugs out that hurt the base game so much.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by DreadlordWalking View Post
    I've always wanted to get into Warhammer, but everyone always seemed to be playing 40k, and the Fsntasy setting was the one that appealed to me. To top it off, it's soooo expensive. Now is my chance to get into the world, as I love Total War. Can anyone recommend a bunch of good Warhammer Fantasy novels for someone who knows nothing about the lore? Are they competently written? I read the two Guild Wars books and they were terribly written if that tells you what I consider bad.

I have no interest in 40k
    With Games Workshop books (of which there are hundreds) you can usually tell how well an author tackles the subject by the number of books they've had published, if an author only had 2 books published a few years apart it's likely they weren't well received. Authors with a series and few other titles are generally pretty good. If you're interested in a particular race there will probably be a trilogy or something that covers part of their history or a famous character. Otherwise I can really recommend Bill King's Gotrek and Felix series. It focuses a lot on Dwarfs and the Empire, but as the main characters are wandering adventurers they have encounters with most of the major Warhammer races (a clue to which one is in the title of the book - Skavenslayer, Orcslayer, Elfslayer etc.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Atilla was well received because it is a reskinned Rome 2. They had time to get all the bugs out that hurt the base game so much.
    Atilla is a reskinned Rome in the same way that Rome was a reskinned Shogun. So not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    CA guy also said they have at least 24 different unit skeletons. I don't think they will be the same. Rome 2 had about 5.
    I recall an entire segment on Rally Point with a CA guy talking about how improved the AI was going to be for Rome II.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I recall an entire segment on Rally Point with a CA guy talking about how improved the AI was going to be for Rome II.
    I think those rally points ended up covering features that wouldn't be in the game.

Hey, check this full conversion mod for medieval 2 total war kingdoms. It has all empire counties as independent factions, 4 different chaos faction, dwarves, chaos dwarves, orcs, goblins, high elves, dark elves, kislev, vampires.
    Soon 1.6 version will add norsca, skaven and tomb kings on campaign map and custom battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried the mods, it broke my install, was a real shame.

This does not affect your main game in any way. It has its own installer with its own folder. You must have did something wrong.

It's a great mod but i always get ctd's on the battle map. Also they need to have a coop campaign in Warhammer total war, would be epic as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    This does not affect your main game in any way. It has its own installer with its own folder. You must have did something wrong.
    Ah maybe that was the one that kept crashing then, I remember trying different mods, is this the one you have to create a different shortcut to a different .exe?

Most Medieval 2 mods have their own executable in my experience (i have 3 installed atm: LotR Third Age, Call of Warhammer, Retrofit, they work without problems mostly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I might have just been unlucky, had some serious issues with it crashing, from what I saw it looked solid

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Was that the same guy who said "This is very early pre alpha code and the final game will look even better than this"?

Bah, for a moment there I thought it was Warhammer 40k.

Instead its the boring old one.

Call me when they make a total war game for the cooler of the warhammers.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Oh look, another person posting just to whine it isn't 40k xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I know right, it's not like 40k hasn't already had great strategy games! Us fantasy fans have had nothing good for years.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I know right, it's not like 40k hasn't already had great strategy games! Us fantasy fans have had nothing good for years.
    true!
    i think the last PROPER warhammer fantasy game we had were mark of chaos/battle march and warhammer age of reckoning.
    honestly, this seems like the year of warhammer fantasy with vermintide, TW: warhammer and Mordheim scheduled to be released this year.
    i am incredibly psyched about it!
    i don't count bloodbowl, despite being warhammer fantasy, then it's an entirely different game concept.

let us just have this one game for the love of god sake. i like warhammer 40k, but there's just not enough warhammer fantasy.