Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ...
38
78
86
87
88
89
LastLast
  1. #1741
    OK, Sniktch is a monster. Even at low level on VH (where Lords and LL tend to drop like flies until they get items/buffs) you can just select him, click on the enemy Lord, and more often than not he will run up to them and delete them no questions asked. He's squishy, but the Eshin Sorcerer you start with has a spell that applies +60 armor which is very powerful early in the game. I can see him fall off a bit as Lords get stronger and enemy stacks get filled with elite cav and missile infantry that can pincushion him, but for early game he's one of the strongest LLs there is.

    The Eshin campaign also has a set of cool mechanics, on the one hand you can send sufficiently leveled characters to accomplish special actions (like inciting riots, stealing or lowering an army's leadership) and on the other you can curry favors with the Great Clans to gain special bonuses and reduced recruitment cost on their units. IMO the latter one should be for all Skaven factions to be honest, it just fits everyone, just not Eshin.

    I dunno what campaign I'll pursue. I prefer the DE units and general feel, but in terms of mechanics Clan Eshin is just much better than Hag Graef. Malus's possession mechanic is more hindrance than help, and the debuffs when you are at either extremes of the meter are silly.

  2. #1742
    Elemental Lord Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,083
    Turn times are great now in ME. 20 seconds tops.

    The new army select portraits looks really nice too.

  3. #1743

  4. #1744
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It really is amazing.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  5. #1745
    Elemental Lord Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,083
    This really gets me excited for TotalWarhammer 3.

    I wonder what races will be in TWH3.

  6. #1746
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    This really gets me excited for TotalWarhammer 3.

    I wonder what races will be in TWH3.
    Daemons (which has enough units for 4 factions. One for each God), Ogres, chaos dwarfs? are the obvious big ones missing off of the top of my head. After that you start scraping the bottom of the barrel with armies that have not been represented on the table since the days of Warmaster. So far every faction in the game was an army Games Workshop (Or Forgeworld for Norsca) supported in the last few editions of WHFB.

    Fleshing out Kislev is also possible.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  7. #1747
    Elemental Lord Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Daemons (which has enough units for 4 factions. One for each God), Ogres, chaos dwarfs? are the obvious big ones missing off of the top of my head. After that you start scraping the bottom of the barrel with armies that have not been represented on the table since the days of Warmaster. So far every faction in the game was an army Games Workshop (Or Forgeworld for Norsca) supported in the last few editions of WHFB.

    Fleshing out Kislev is also possible.
    Chaos Demons and Chaos Dwarfs would make me a happy camper.

  8. #1748
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Daemons (which has enough units for 4 factions. One for each God), Ogres, chaos dwarfs? are the obvious big ones missing off of the top of my head. After that you start scraping the bottom of the barrel with armies that have not been represented on the table since the days of Warmaster. So far every faction in the game was an army Games Workshop (Or Forgeworld for Norsca) supported in the last few editions of WHFB.

    Fleshing out Kislev is also possible.
    Kislev. Maybe Estalia/Tilea? Border Kingdoms?

    I would like daemons as a side thing. Something every faction can use akin to special resource to summon/recruit units but suffer drawbacks like loses in morale, diplomacy penalties, corruption mechanics being introduced or, if too much is spend to summon more powerfull units outright being hostile to entire world.

    They could make 4 mechanics for each of the 4 gods and leave chaos undivided in archaon faction. Tzeentch for high magic and scheeming, Khorne for overall fightiness, Nurgle for all that is fucked and Slaneesh for managing kingdom using fucked up things which boost public order or boost public order with corruption spread.

    Just 5 second thoughs...

  9. #1749
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Kislev. Maybe Estalia/Tilea? Border Kingdoms?

    I would like daemons as a side thing. Something every faction can use akin to special resource to summon/recruit units but suffer drawbacks like loses in morale, diplomacy penalties, corruption mechanics being introduced or, if too much is spend to summon more powerfull units outright being hostile to entire world.

    They could make 4 mechanics for each of the 4 gods and leave chaos undivided in archaon faction. Tzeentch for high magic and scheeming, Khorne for overall fightiness, Nurgle for all that is fucked and Slaneesh for managing kingdom using fucked up things which boost public order or boost public order with corruption spread.

    Just 5 second thoughs...
    No, this is NOT warcraft. You dont "just use" daemons.

  10. #1750
    I got the DLC though haven't played the new LLs yet - not much interested in Edgeblade or the rat with the utterly broken ability.

    Instead I went for a mortal empires campaign to see how fast it was now (answer is much faster). And it was time for a good old Deus Vult with Repanse.

    She is an absolute tank. And so is Henri.

    While both were just 3rd level and Repanse without a single point in her yellow line skills, she led her army up against the province capital to the north. Her army was just the starting army plus two extra units of knight errants. Against her were walls,a big garrison of undead and a bigger army plus a lord stationed there.

    Repanse and Henri charged the gates while the inf moved towards the walls and the knights moved up behind ready to charge through when the gates were broken.

    And then the gates briefly opened and Repanse and Herni found themselves alone inside being swarmed by skeletons and other undead in the hundreds. Both just soaked it up and utterly destroyed the undead.

    By the time the battle was over Repanse had around 470 kills and Henri a couple of hundred. As low level melee lords without skills or gear.

  11. #1751
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    This really gets me excited for TotalWarhammer 3.

    I wonder what races will be in TWH3.
    From what has been mentioned by CA it's essentially chaos. Pure and pure chaos when it comes to faction focus.

    Big question should be though will the high elves be super broken with influence/entrepreneurs like in 2.

  12. #1752
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

    Big question should be though will the high elves be super broken with influence/entrepreneurs like in 2.
    Not really that big of a question.

  13. #1753
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Not really that big of a question.
    With CA it kind of is, there's always one faction that's completely broken.

  14. #1754
    All of the factions are "Broken" in campaign - it really doesn't matter.
    HE isn't even the worst.

  15. #1755
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    All of the factions are "Broken" in campaign - it really doesn't matter.
    HE isn't even the worst.
    HE are by far the most broken faction out there. No one can come close to the income that the HE can rack up. We are talking an income in the millions which effectively means unlimited number of armies to flood the map with.

  16. #1756
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    HE are by far the most broken faction out there. No one can come close to the income that the HE can rack up. We are talking an income in the millions which effectively means unlimited number of armies to flood the map with.
    It doesn't flipping matter when you compare it to, let's say, wood elven units that gain +100% damage and what not.
    Or rather, it does still not matter because you flood the map with every faction as income is completely irrelevant.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-12-14 at 10:08 AM.

  17. #1757
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    HE are by far the most broken faction out there. No one can come close to the income that the HE can rack up. We are talking an income in the millions which effectively means unlimited number of armies to flood the map with.
    Its a single player game. Sure some factions are easier then others to snowball but every faction is 'OP' in the hands of the player.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  18. #1758
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No, this is NOT warcraft. You dont "just use" daemons.
    Everyone can meddle with chaos, corruption and daemons in lore. They are more than willing to give those abilities to any mortal or not that desire it.

  19. #1759
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So far so good.

    The turn times are the most absolute godsend holy shit. They truly weren't kidding when they said 60% faster, my ME turn times were a minute or so early game and are reduced to 20-25 seconds at most. It makes for a massive difference.

    Malus is an interesting campaign. You start at the ass end of nowhere and can choose to keep Hag Graef or not; given that it's a powerful foothold in Naggaroth and one of the best settlements in the game I have no idea why you wouldn't, the game tries to bribe you with 20K but that's chump change compared to what the place will give you and it is easy to defend as well. Otherwise, the man himself is a great combatant and his demonform looks good, has new animations, fills his HP and devastates anything in his path. Still not worth it for more than 1-2 turns because tanking your Loyalty and crippling your replenishment are very serious drawbacks.
    Selling Hag Graef gives you a permanent +50 growth in all provinces. This is huge, and I think it also boosts Black Arks. The provice itself isn't particularly good, yeah, you get a mine and the upkeep of the armies there is reduced by 60%, but it barely pays for itself. And then you'll be getting dragged into wars by Malekith, wars that are completely irrelevant if you give up Hag Graef, but are a concern if you actually have to defend. 20K gold early game is also a big boon, you don't have to worry at all about building up the capital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

  20. #1760
    Just a word of advice if you are playing Malus in ME. Water around the isles is cut off from the rest of the ocean, so if you capture your first settlement there, tough luck, now you are cut off from trade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •