Page 89 of 139 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You can trade, you just have to capture a settlement connected to the mainland first so that it can become the capitol. The islands are an unintended trap.

This game seriously needs "move capitol" button back.
    That sucks given that the settlement you start close to has a pretty sweet landmark.

And yeah, moving capital should be a thing. I modded my Vlad and Belegar campaigns so that Caste Drakenhof/Karak Eight Peaks automatically became your capital when captured, thus I see no reason why CA couldn't make that option available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That sucks given that the settlement you start close to has a pretty sweet landmark.
    Well you can get that settlement, just do not capture it first, thats it.

Whats funny that the game still remembers your original settlement, so when you manage to get Hag Graef back, it automaticaly becomes your capitol.

Think I actually had a bug because I didn't take the settlement you start in front of and instead walked away to take the other 2 towns first, ambush the lizerdman army in the field and then took the town.

Never even got the event to sell Hag Graef.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

the +50 growth is timed, not permanent IIRC, and selling Hag Graef means you can't trade, ever; not that big a deal for the Dark Elves but you still miss out on a good amount of income that can support an army. Defending the Hag is also quite easy since you can camp cheap armies there, and funneling slaves means the entire province can very easily net you 4K+ a turn by turn 50 which covers the cost of defending troops and much more besides. It also grants you the option of recalling Malus and going on a conquest spree of Naggaroth's extremely valuable settlements, not the sloppy seconds with somewhat poor climates of the Southlands or World's Edge Mountains.

I mean, I see your point, it may just be that keeping the Hag suits my playstyle much more and is the actually good unique mechanic of Malus, his Possession however kinda sucks and is making me consider either modding it or going for a Malekith campaign instead once I'm done with the Deathmaster.
    Yeah, I mean, it makes sense that both options should be viable. It's also a question if you're playing Vortex or Mortal Empires. It's probably better to hold on to Hag Graef in Mortal Empires, since eventually you'll either have to start taking poor provinces or make a big trip to Naggaroth if you don't, in order to win. Keeping Hag Graef means you can expand on 2 fronts at the same time. On Vortex, though, I'm reaching the 4th shipment soon, and I'm only 70 turns in with 3 provinces (all of them provide the scrolls, though). It would take much longer if I had to divide money and attention between Hag Graef and Southlands, I feel.

I think the growth buff is permanent, though. I love the possession mechanic, personally, it does cost more and more money, but you save so much more from reduced building costs when you pop it at 0 and have a tier 5 city to upgrade. You can save hundreds of thousands of gold in the long run, and also don't have to worry about public order all the time, which is always an issue on harder difficulties until you fully tech up, especially with millions of slaves around.

Edit: I've just finished the campaign within 101 turns (on VH). Would probably take around 130 on legendary, more turtling and caution would have been required during shipments. As it was, I was basically surprised every shipment that it's happening so soon and Malus was getting caught with his pants down every time. With Lightning Strike, those Skaven armies were basically gone the same turn, nonetheless. The last shipment was the only exception, I was caught by 3 decent Skaven armies while finishing up Kroq, auto-resolved on one of them and barely beat the other 2 after getting ambushed. That was the only challenging point of the entire campaign, I have already given up on that army, but was somehow able to snatch a win.
    There is no way I would have been able to finish the campaign so fast if I hadn't given up on Hag Graef, but again, it was a Vortex campaign, and Southlands are just full or relic sites.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2019-12-16 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

"Sseth on meds" finally did the review? Just in time before Orc/HElf DLC releases and I can spend EVEN MORE hours on this game...

Yeah can't wait for the greenskin revamp, time to make Grimgor tha best again.

CA also said they will revamp sieges in part 3, probably the one thing I've been wanting the most.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I've been itching to start a new norsca playthrough for a while, but I don't know if/what changes are being made to the Ordertide with the next update. So I'm finally getting around to doing a Repanse game. She seems rather strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    New DLC Trailer:

7+ Year Old Account
    Grom the Paunch?! Yes please. Been waiting for more goblin to be put into the game. Will make my man Skarsnik even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the free lord accompanying this DLC is Imrik.

Oh baby can't freaking wait for this.

I'll finally play a Greenskin campaign looks like. Not only do they get cool new units, but their campaign overhaul is pretty damn dope. Gone is the individual Fightiness bar, now it's a global one that allows you to call a WAAAAGH on a faction of your choosing once you krumped enough gits- and for its duration, you get 40 unit armies, which is ridiculous and I love it. Azhag is moved to Karak Ungor, and you can now also gain Scrap from battles allowing you to upgrade units individually, such as by giving a mob of Boyz magical attacks or Big'uns heavy armor. Legendary Lords also get the in-battle WAAAGH ability by default at long last, no need to waste points in their skill tree anymore.

I'm almost more excited for the free update than the DLC, which also looks great by the by. I'll be sure to do an Eltharion campaign at some point, unless Imrik ends up being cooler which is possible. Now to see if CA nerfs the Ordertide at last, so we can play destruction factions without drowning in humans, elves and dwarfs by turn 60.

Having recently done a bit of a dwarf playthrough and the joy of endless greenskin armies attacking you I shudder at the thought of another strong Greenskin lord to the north aswell....

Still, might finally do another greenskin campaign, don't think I have touched them since WH:1.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'll finally play a Greenskin campaign looks like. Not only do they get cool new units, but their campaign overhaul is pretty damn dope. Gone is the individual Fightiness bar, now it's a global one that allows you to call a WAAAAGH on a faction of your choosing once you krumped enough gits- and for its duration, you get 40 unit armies, which is ridiculous and I love it. Azhag is moved to Karak Ungor, and you can now also gain Scrap from battles allowing you to upgrade units individually, such as by giving a mob of Boyz magical attacks or Big'uns heavy armor. Legendary Lords also get the in-battle WAAAGH ability by default at long last, no need to waste points in their skill tree anymore.

I'm almost more excited for the free update than the DLC, which also looks great by the by. I'll be sure to do an Eltharion campaign at some point, unless Imrik ends up being cooler which is possible. Now to see if CA nerfs the Ordertide at last, so we can play destruction factions without drowning in humans, elves and dwarfs by turn 60.
    Greenskin update looks awesome and they have been needing that for a while now. Are they changing lords too like Grimgor?

- - - Updated - - -

We have been promised that Grimgor has Been Made Great Again and "is a beast."

Hell yeah looks like they made some changes to da best.

"Backed up by his Black Orc bodyguard "Da Immortulz", Grimgor is "Da Best" - the brutal will of Gork made manifest."

As it should be
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-05-07 at 05:10 PM.

Im loving this update Wurrzag Da Great Green Prophet is insane now probably the best lord other then grom with his op food stuff.

Wurrzag gets big winds of magic reduction on foot of gork plus can put a point in a skill called fury of da prophet that strips entire local armies of magic resistance plus give his own army magic attacks very very good against dwarfs.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-05-21 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a really good update.

Man this game always does this to me. With Over 2000 hours in this game already after i get bored of this Repanse Campaign i started yesterday, im going to be playing both vortex campaigns starting with grom, then ill play them both in moral empires. Soo many more hours to go. Cant wait for the third game.

Always considered getting this version of Total War but was always worried it would be as easy as the other Total War Games and I would get bored after 3-4 hours.

Oh... Grom gets to be in the vortex campaign too?
    I didn't know that, I thought it's going to be Mortal Empires exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Always considered getting this version of Total War but was always worried it would be as easy as the other Total War Games and I would get bored after 3-4 hours.

unlike all the other Total Wars, you can actually do pretty decent roleplaying and thus justify not using doomstacks.
    If you use doomstacks and group charge into the enemies it's going to be boring as all the others.

Playing as Skaven however is always fun, no matter what you do because their doomstack is actually not about using 19 units of the same type and a hero.

Without question though, it's the best Total War there is. Factions actually feel different and it's more than just a "this faction's spawn location is in the north" like it is the case in Shogun for example.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-05-21 at 08:12 PM.