But nobody plays them. Even if there is dlc, i doubt anyone would buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    But nobody plays them. Even if there is dlc, i doubt anyone would buy it.
    Beastmen?

If you want a hilarious and easy as fuck legendary campaign you make a stack with only heroes stacking Nurgle's Foul Stink trait as beastmen makes the best use of minus leadership traits and use Malagor as lord. It's not a early game stack though.

Watch entire armies break at first contact oh and just cast some minus leadership spells too to make it faster.

Vampire coast and lizardmen can also do it but not as good.

- - - Updated - - -

New lord Rakarth the beastlord will be voiced by non other then Iwan Rheon, the actor who played Ramsay Bolton in game of thrones.

Now he can enjoy flaying in warhammer too.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-16 at 12:31 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You forgot Skaven. So many damn Skaven DLCs. I know, I know, they're awesome. But damn.
    Wasn't that partly because of how Skaven was underdeveloped when they were released?
    Not entirely sure but I remember they had a very tiny roster before all the DLCs.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Wasn't that partly because of how Skaven was underdeveloped when they were released?
    Not entirely sure but I remember they had a very tiny roster before all the DLCs.
    It's been so long, I don't remember anymore. It honestly doesn't feel like the game has been out for 3½ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They were definitely the most undercooked base race despite having cool stuff like the Doomwheel and Hellpite Abomination. Their campaign mechanics sucked, they lacked a lot of iconic Skryre units like the Ratling Guns, and their Lords were pretty poor for instance. Now it's all reversed, the 3 DLCs have power creeped them into the stratosphere even if you ignore Ikit, Sniktch and Throt's blatantly broken unique mechanics, their campaign is one of the most fun in the game, and they have more unit variety than you can shake a warpstone stick at.

Skaven are up there with Wood Elves as the race that has been improved most by CA after its release; one hopes Beastmen will follow suit alongside the next DLC, but that would need a complete overhaul of Horde gameplay and that kinda seems beyond the scope of a DLC, albeit with how amazing the WE rework was on the campaign map there's still hope yet, perhaps they'll dramatically improve Hordes now in preparation for WH3's Chaos bonanza.

As for Rakarth, just look at how far free LLs have come. Tretch was some nobody Skaven with a few irrelevant bonuses as a "unique mechanic". This guy gets a great and very fitting VA, a neat model, a cool starting position, a bunch of flavorful and useful traits, and can steal the monsters from other races. Pity he's so far from Lustria, I really want my evil T-rex stack. I'll likely play a campaign as him even if being right next to angry Norscans, Bretonnia, High Elves and Empire will prove... interesting.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

There is another screenshot + an actual leak about this battle
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._on_the_brass/

Finally some news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you see the new "build barricades" ?!

Cant wait for TWH3. The only problem is, I need a new video card. . . . I have this bad feeling TWH3 will drop before RTX3080 are purchasable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Cant wait for TWH3. The only problem is, I need a new video card. . . . I have this bad feeling TWH3 will drop before RTX3080 are purchasable.
    Will it be graphical heavy? Isn't it more CPU bound and depending on Unit Size you play with?

I guess AO and Reflections might be more GPU heavy that's linked to Unit Size. Genuinely curious.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Kislev invading the realm of Chaos to kill a Chaos God? Sounds dope!

I think it'd make more sense if all of the factions of the Warhammer Fantasy world were united in this operation - a single nation by itself seems to stretch believability - but I'm just glad that the story seems optimistic, like there is hope that they might put an end to this.

- - - Updated - - -

As incredulous as it is, Kislev killing the Chaos Gods and freeing the world from the grip of Chaos once and for all would be a far more satisfying ending than... End Times *barfs*

- - - Updated - - -

Hm... maybe the other factions are invading the Realm of Chaos to kill the other Chaos Gods too?

Trailer for a trailer, while waiting a week for it. Oh how I sometimes hate the modern game development.

I think they kind of had to rush something out. Journalists and content creators were known to have access to something, leaks were happening and the hordes were getting restless after months of absolute silence. So just slap together a thirty second teaser and call it a day to pacify the mob until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Total War games are very, very CPU heavy. Not that the GPU does nothing of course, especially if you push to 1440p/4k, but when I upgraded to a 3070 it was the game that saw the least improvement because of this. Disabling blood effects does help tremendously and those won't be in at WH3's launch, but I'll be damned if I reduce unit size which is the primary way to increase FPS. I want my battles epic and that means as many soldiers on screen as my machine can display without spontaneously combusting.

FPS isn't as big a deal in an RTS with fixed perspective anyway. I barely notice dips so long as it's above 30 personally, and that's coming from someone who would absolutely refuse to play an FPS or third person game below 60 unless there was no choice like for Switch games.

And yeah, hopefully the barricades are a prelude to a complete siege overhaul. Even with plenty of patching later and mods to help the situation, sieges in Warhammer by and large still suck.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

And yeah, hopefully the barricades are a prelude to a complete siege overhaul. Even with plenty of patching later and mods to help the situation, sieges in Warhammer by and large still suck.
    Are there any decent siege combat mods? Because that statements sounds like there is something out there.

The custom maps I've seen so far are pretty garbage most of the time.
    They look amazing, but they play horribly. Although it's been quite some time since I tried them out.

Most of the time, unit placement and stuff like that is totally messed up on those.

Siege rework better be in (and I mean an actual, working thing) or a lot of people are gonna be pissed. Everyone here still remembers the Dwarf trailer? With multi layer walls and artillery on them? Yeah, we know how that went. This has been one of the top things requested by players for literally years at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Siege rework better be in (and I mean an actual, working thing) or a lot of people are gonna be pissed. Everyone here still remembers the Dwarf trailer? With multi layer walls and artillery on them? Yeah, we know how that went. This has been one of the top things requested by players for literally years at this point.
    They said a siege rewamp is part of Warhammer 3 now if its going to be great though we will have to wait and see but i sure hope so as sieges is probably the worst thing about the serie atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I don't really need multiple layers and stuff, but actual working defenses.

Archers on the wall are less effective than on the ground.
    I can't put siege weapons anywhere during sieges as a defender
    Cav is absolutely useless. Can't even dismount and there is a whole faction based around medieval Cav-units that is absolutely horrible to play when they assault medieval-castles.

I don't mind losing lots of units, but I do at least want to use my units properly.
    Especially since Warhammer is basically ideal for huge walls where Cav units could Charge and move around.
    Seems only logical to me that Bretonnia would have walls and ramps such as these. Especially since their castles are the most impressive shit I've seen a human faction build in any game/franchise.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-05-06 at 09:01 AM.

Seems CA accidentally loaded the trailer a day early on Facebook and quickly pulled it down but not before it got released into the wild.