Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Didn't Cathay openly worship Tzeentch?
    No, never, aside from the obvious cults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Tzeentch worship was from old, obscure lore that has been retconned like most old Cathay lore.

So the big news didn't turn out to be much - just a preview of a battle that showed the Great Bastion plays no part in the actual battle and all the fighting is a regular siege battle in front of the wall.

And in further disappointing news, CA said in an interview that they have no current plans for Ind or Nippon, which is what they said about Araby back in the day. Which sadly means both races are very unlikely.

And if Ogres are indeed pre-order, it doesn't leave very much at all for new race packs. We know chaos dwarves are coming but beyond that there isn't much left.

All this is making it more likely I'll be holding off getting this for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Tzeentch worship was from old, obscure lore that has been retconned like most old Cathay lore.

So the big news didn't turn out to be much - just a preview of a battle that showed the Great Bastion plays no part in the actual battle and all the fighting is a regular siege battle in front of the wall.

And in further disappointing news, CA said in an interview that they have no current plans for Ind or Nippon, which is what they said about Araby back in the day. Which sadly means both races are very unlikely.

And if Ogres are indeed pre-order, it doesn't leave very much at all for new race packs. We know chaos dwarves are coming but beyond that there isn't much left.

All this is making it more likely I'll be holding off getting this for some time.
    What "races" were added in WH2 over time post launch?
    Pretty much everything was just a lord pack with already existing races, wasn't it?

edit: 2 - Yar, Pirates, and TK?
    So I doubt WH3 is going to be different.

Chaos Dwarfs and then some.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-20 at 05:35 AM.

Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast were both added to wh2. Wh1 also added 2 new races after launch.

We know that chaos dwarves are going to be added post launch. With them saying WH3 is going to be twice the size of wh2 and would be supported longer the hope was that would mean more races added

Nurgle is an easy extra faction to add. Slaanesh, tho that is a little more 'aesthetically' challenging.

But I think that is the extend of the regular armies
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Nurgle and Slaanesh are in the base game.

Yepp all 4 will be in and im guessing the other chaos faction already in will be undivided with Be'lakor the Dark Master leading them.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast were both added to wh2. Wh1 also added 2 new races after launch.
    I would argue technically three, even though Bretonnia were free.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I would argue technically three, even though Bretonnia were free.
    Both Bretonnia and Norsca are difficult to place, since both were there from the beginning to some degree.
    But if you count them, there were 4.

But Cathay/Ind/Nippon are more trouble than adding another wood-elf faction or even adding Bretonnia/Norsca to the game.

I think we'll get 2 races later in the game. Aside from Chaos Dwarfs, I don't know who though.
    Probably some kind of semi-sub-faction-but-actually-its-own-faction. (Like the Pirates for example, who share some units.)

Dogs of War come to mind.
    Or even stuff like Sea Elves.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-20 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Both Bretonnia and Norsca are difficult to place, since both were there from the beginning to some degree.
    But if you count them, there were 4.
    Lol, I completely forgot about Norsca.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Lol, I completely forgot about Norsca.
    Hopefully CA doesn't. They're a very fun race, they just need more LL/Lors choices, better campaign mechanics, and to be less crippled by supply lines. Only Warriors of Chaos need more of an overhaul than them
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/warham...1-cavalry-fix/

Cavalry fix has been pushed live. This is apparently the last official update that 2 will receive.

Last edited by Maximus Testiculos; 2021-11-04 at 03:32 AM.

CA seem to have a habit of accidently releasing stuff before they mean to.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...the_wrong_add/

So, yeah, ogres, and only 2 LLs. So like other pre-order bonuses it'll be a cut-rate job and not the full release they deserve. They really should have been a proper full on campaign pack and some other minor faction used as pre-order.

As somebody who only recently started playing WH2 i gotta ask;
    - do races from previous games usually get any extra units when a new game is released?
    - does a new game usually include a "play any race" campaign, like for example "mortal empires" in WH2?

Races from previous games only get new units in DLC but it'll probably be a couple of years before they revisit previous races as all initial DLC will be for Warhammer 3 races.

There will be a massive combined campaign covering all 3 games at some point but not at release. I think they said half a year after release but it isn't concrete yet

CA seem to have a habit of accidently releasing stuff before they mean to.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...the_wrong_add/

So, yeah, ogres, and only 2 LLs. So like other pre-order bonuses it'll be a cut-rate job and not the full release they deserve. They really should have been a proper full on campaign pack and some other minor faction used as pre-order.
    How exactly is that banner related to the quality of their release?
    Isn't 2 LL the standard?

The biggest, the baddest, the chunkiest are here with a great and slightly disgusting CGI trailer.

Only two LLs is a shame, but they get 3 Heroes (Firebelly, Hunter, Butcher), both their generic Lord choices, and we've seen a lot of their roster. The only big centerpiece missing so far is the Thundertusk.

If that's not in, they'll likely get a DLC finishing them at some point. If it is, I'd still like them to get a FLC Lord to have at least 3 LLs. Still liking what I see a lot, Skrag will likely be one of my first campaigns.

We also got the release date: February 17th 2022, which is earlier than I expected but makes sense considering the absolute blitz of news we've had since the end of September. There will be two physical versions available and I may grab one of them, not sure where they're on sale however.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    As somebody who only recently started playing WH2 i gotta ask;
    - do races from previous games usually get any extra units when a new game is released?
    - does a new game usually include a "play any race" campaign, like for example "mortal empires" in WH2?
    They don't get new units right away, there were plenty of reworks and new units added for WH1 races in WH2. Pretty sure most were free, there were only 2 paid DLC factions for old races. In any case, I'd say it's best to hold on with WH3 if you value your money and time, wait a year or two and the gaming experience will be completely different and so much smoother. That's the case with most TW games, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    snip
    Isn't the thundertusk featured in the in-game-engine trailer? Or is that another mounted unit with big chunka tusks and a bit smaller than a mammoth.

I don't know the unit names but I see bombard-ogres, animals with bombards on their back, these thundertusk mount units.
    Tall armored ogres. armored fatso ogres. The tribal chunkas, the 2h tribal chunkas, the ogre-goblin version... what were they named again? Gnarls or something? etc. etc.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-04 at 05:40 PM.