Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Honest opinion. Should I wait before buying?

Seems the games has quite some issues still
    Depends. I think the basegame is good enough for a single campaign. It's only in the second run that the poor replayability of the realms of chaos comes to light. Do you need something to fill 20-30 hours? Go for it. If you have a backlog of games, I would say hold off for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Honest opinion. Should I wait before buying?

Seems the games has quite some issues still
    I'd wait for Immortal Empires TBH. The races are very well fleshed out and the prologue campaign is great, but the Realm of Chaos one is very flawed and the game still will have bugs and mediocre performance come the next patch.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

To all our commanders, we are happy to share that our teams are aiming to release Patch 1.1 on Tuesday 5th April.

Patch notes will be available on the day of deployment!
    So next week. I can wait that long to continue the campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Here's hoping the mods come out in force day 1.

And when blood pack? I can't play Khorne or Ogres with no blood.

Patch Notes for 1.1 are up: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tw-warhammer3-update110/

IMHO it doesn't change enough to make the realms of chaos campaign actually fun. They toned down the mechanics enough so they probably aren't this frustrating. But I doubt it will actually be fun.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...awesome_units/

Modding tools are released and people are making wild units.

Also medieval 2 is released for android and iphone.
    https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/vi...78181176055683

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished my second campaign (Tzeentch, Kislev) and my first Paint The Map By Numbers (Kislev) and I gotta say... The Souls Race is a complete dud.

I've just been auto-resolving the daemon prince fights.

How's the new unit pathing they fixed in 1.1(i believe?).
    It bugged me so much in the small encampment fights, which there are plenty of, so decided to put it on hold while playing other games.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    How's the new unit pathing they fixed in 1.1(i believe?).
    It bugged me so much in the small encampment fights, which there are plenty of, so decided to put it on hold while playing other games.
    It's better. Not great, but now instead of being exceptionally janky it's standard Total War level of janky. I saw a marked improvemnt playing Kislev especially, and cavalry charges are now noticeably more impactful, on top of Slaaneshi chariots being quite strong now (and raiding Kislev sleds to their previous level of OPness even after the nerfs).

Roadmap is out.

Its a little disappointing. IE beta won't be until Q3 and nor will the first DLC, a lord pack. No mention of Chaos Dwarves at all either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Roadmap is out.

Its a little disappointing. IE beta won't be until Q3 and nor will the first DLC, a lord pack. No mention of Chaos Dwarves at all either.
    How worthless and tone deaf can CA be.

TWW3 launch is a disaster to the point more people play TWW2 than 3, and this is their "big announcement"...? Shit that TWW2 got within 2 months of launch is 6+ months out, with the 3rd phase of the roadmap being an announcement for a future announcement?

Yikes.
    Last edited by Belize; 2022-04-29 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Roadmap is out.

Thats even worse than I expected and I wasn't expecting much to begin with...

ugh, Beta in Q3. Well guess WH3 will stay forgotten and untouched for another 6 months.
    Mostly fixing of obvious bugs.

Yeah yet another game that came out of the oven well before it was finished baking.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Looks like the post - launch support team that took care of Warhammer 2 during its life cycle got an unfinished game dumped on their head. No wonder the roadmap looks like that. They have to finish the development basicaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Looks like the post - launch support team that took care of Warhammer 2 during its life cycle got an unfinished game dumped on their head. No wonder the roadmap looks like that. They have to finish the development basicaly.
    Also, the Mortal Empires is now a Huuuuuuuge undertaking, with all that settlement and siege updates. No wonder it takes them as long.

Only played one campaign on wh3 so far waiting for the mortal empires map before going hard, was kinda burned out on wh2 also so fits very nicely.

Chaos gate daemonhunters comes out soon too so plenty of games untill ME comes.
    Do you hear the voices too?

This better be a damn good blood pack if it takes 6 months to make. Ridiculous that we have to wait so long in a game that has playable Khorne and blood waterfalls are already in the game.

IE being in beta on launch is also disappointing.

The Lord Pack having 4 "champions" is cool however, likely means all four Gods get a mortal LL at once.

Overall pretty disappointed by the roadmap, and that's if CA can deliver on it and things don't get delayed again. Very much feels like the main game team botched it, or was pushed to release it by the suits, and left the key of the half-scrapped car to the DLC team to fix.

The only thing I'm annoyed at is that they released the game this way.
    I really don't care that they will require the rest of the year to bring all this - I would've waited if they needed till summer this year or whatever.

I really wonder how messed up game development is these days.

I understand that you have at some point to branch off the game versions and stuff but I would've expected a much easier "upgrade phase". It's almost feels like in game development, there is a "dark age" every other year or so where developers forget all the good things they made.
    Just like when Division released and they made all the bad things again.
    Just like how WoW releases with all the bad features again which they fixed at the end of an expansion
    Just like here where they made good changes to units in WH2 and forgot them to add in WH3.
    Just like in Battlefield etc. etc. etc.

Just why.
    I want games to get better. Not to reset back to point 0 and be at the same point as before in every game/expansion's life cycle.

Bugs are one thing, gamedesign decisions that are clearly just bad, *returning* (after they were gone or adjusted) again however get a big-fat-yikes from me.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-04-30 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The only thing I'm annoyed at is that they released the game this way.
    I really don't care that they will require the rest of the year to bring all this - I would've waited if they needed till summer this year or whatever.

I really wonder how messed up game development is these days.

I understand that you have at some point to branch off the game versions and stuff but I would've expected a much easier "upgrade phase". It's almost feels like in game development, there is a "dark age" every other year or so where developers forget all the good things they made.
    Just like when Division released and they made all the bad things again.
    Just like how WoW releases with all the bad features again which they fixed at the end of an expansion
    Just like here where they made good changes to units in WH2 and forgot them to add in WH3.
    Just like in Battlefield etc. etc. etc.

Just why.
    I want games to get better. Not to reset back to point 0 and be at the same point as before in every game/expansion's life cycle.

Bugs are one thing, gamedesign decisions that are clearly just bad, *returning* (after they were gone or adjusted) again however get a big-fat-yikes from me.
    They are returning because they make money. Simple as that. They work, like it or not.