1. #1

    How Do Follower Raid Quests Work?

    I'm confused as to how you qualify for heroic gear rewards from follower quests. Currently, my follower raid quests give me heroic gear for highmaul, but only normal for BRF. I don't have any Imperator or Blackhand kills on either normal OR heroic mode, so it can't be an end-boss kill that triggers heroic gear rewards.

    I have 21 normal HM kills and only 10 heroic kills, but for BRF, I have only 10 normal kills but 16 heroic kills; I'm 5/10 normal for BRF, but 8/10 for heroic. So I have more heroic kills in BRF than normal, and more heroic bosses down than normal. I should be getting heroic gear rewards, not normal. It's almost a moot point now, because I have only 6 more gear pieces left to upgrade to 685 level and I'm more likely to get them from boss kills than follow reward caches, but still...it's kind of annoying.

    Oh, and all of my follower's ilvls are maxed out at 675. I've heard that you need 15 kills in any given difficulty to get the follower difficulty tier unlocked, but that can't be right because for HM, I have only 10 heroic kills and yet I'm getting heroic follower rewards.

    Can anyone shed some light on this?

  2. #2
    15 loot eligible kills for HM cache, 21 for BRF cache. Kills on different difficulties don't matter, you need that amount of kills on the same difficulty.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    15 loot eligible kills for HM cache, 21 for BRF cache. Kills on different difficulties don't matter, you need that amount of kills on the same difficulty.
    That can't be right, because I don't have 15 kills (only 10) for HM heroic, but I'm getting heroic HM rewards.

  4. #4
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    That can't be right, because I don't have 15 kills (only 10) for HM heroic, but I'm getting heroic HM rewards.
    You need 15 normal kills for heroic cache, 15 heroic kills for mythic cache.

  5. #5
    15 normal HM kills and you get heroic caches.
    15 heroic HM kills and you get mythic caches.

    (If you only do mythic I'm not sure how many of those kills to start getting mythic caches)

    I had like 14 normal BRF and 15 heroic BRF kills and was still getting normal caches, I even contacted a GM and they said it was working as intended... really irked me.

  6. #6
    So if I get 5 more heroic BRF kills, I'll start getting mythic BRF rewards?

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Iphie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorScientst View Post
    15 normal HM kills and you get heroic caches.
    15 heroic HM kills and you get mythic caches.

    (If you only do mythic I'm not sure how many of those kills to start getting mythic caches)

    I had like 14 normal BRF and 15 heroic BRF kills and was still getting normal caches, I even contacted a GM and they said it was working as intended... really irked me.
    that would be because you need 21 kills in BRF to qualify for the next tier of caches, 21 normal kills = hc caches, 21 hc kills is Mythic caches. Though I'm sure you figured that out since then.
    This does show the likely pattern of 2 full clears (or the equivalent kills) +1 kill to advance to the next tier of caches. So for HFC I believe there are 14 bosses? that would mean you'd need 29 kills to advance to the next tier.

  8. #8
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    that would be because you need 21 kills in BRF to qualify for the next tier of caches, 21 normal kills = hc caches, 21 hc kills is Mythic caches. Though I'm sure you figured that out since then.
    This does show the likely pattern of 2 full clears (or the equivalent kills) +1 kill to advance to the next tier of caches. So for HFC I believe there are 14 bosses? that would mean you'd need 29 kills to advance to the next tier.
    HC requires 27, not 29.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Iphie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    810
    I thought there were 14 bosses, as I wasn't sure, but I stand corrected there are 13 bosses then?

  10. #10
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I thought there were 14 bosses, as I wasn't sure, but I stand corrected there are 13 bosses then?
    Unfortnately yes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •