Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Can Blizz make raid trash more epic/fun?

I mean... during SSC (TBC)... fighting trash was kind of tense. I focused, it was kind of exciting. Now a day in Highmaul and BRF... I want to afk while the rest of the raid fight the trash. I dread fighting the trash. I just want to fight the boss. What's the big deal jesus. Can Blizz make the trash more exciting agem to fight?

7+ Year Old Account
    How would you accomplish that? look at BrF. Just in the first room alone we have trash that requires tank swaps, LoS pulling, interrupts and dispells.

What more can you really expect from trash?

^^^^
    OP: maybe, just maybe you got (too) old to do the trash compared to what, 5 or 6 years ago? remember SoO or ToT trash? BRF trashes look like a boss fight compared to what we used to clear in MoP.
    green is the color!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noruego View Post
    How would you accomplish that? look at BrF. Just in the first room alone we have trash that requires tank swaps, LoS pulling, interrupts and dispells.

What more can you really expect from trash?
    Or have a Brewmaster than no swap needed.

I prefer trash to just be target dummys, no one cares about trash, no one wants to wipe to trash. Trash should just be used to spread out bosses and give time to afk a bit if needed. IMO.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    imo they are fine as they are , just because your a slacker. doesn't mean it's the games fault.

The fact that Trash has earned that nickname is proof that there's a problem in my opinion.

My suggestions are:
    1) Actually give them a reliable chance to drop something meaningful, even if it's not boss-level. A raid-wide "trash" loot table maybe?
    2) Replace a handful of tough enemies with large armies of pushovers. They can fill a similar gameplay role, but at least you feel like you're raiding a stronghold full of enemies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The fact that Trash has earned that nickname is proof that there's a problem in my opinion.

My suggestions are:
    1) Actually give them a reliable chance to drop something meaningful, even if it's not boss-level. A raid-wide "trash" loot table maybe?
    2) Replace a handful of tough enemies with large armies of pushovers. They can fill a similar gameplay role, but at least you feel like you're raiding a stronghold full of enemies.
    Are you currently subscribed to the game and raid any content above LFR BrF? Cause both of your suggestions are already exist in BrF.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't even mention trash and tactics in the same post Makes me think about Wildstar's first (And last for me) dungeon. That trash equals in more wipes than a raid boss in wow. Or at least so it was when I played it. Wouldn't have been as big deal if there was some way to repair, lol.

So trash should be just a way to make money for nubs to cover repair bills from boss wipes. Not trash wipes.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

would lose its effect after each week

prob make trash do something different each week but you know. "not enough resources"

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just get rid of the shit. We call it 'Trash' for a reason. Half the pulls in BRF feel like pointless busywork.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

There is a reason why we call them 'trash'.

The problem with this kind of mobs is that both the game and the players are too old for them. We no longer have or need that excitement that we once had when we first entered a big raid with a lot of players and felt like each mob required all of us working together. At this point we could just jump from one boss to the next one and no one would really care, but an empty fortress kills inmersion & kills lore. Trash mobs do a great job making the place feel alive.

In my opinion BRF did a great job with trash mobs: They help to give the feel that the place is populated, they have some easy mechanics to deal with and most importantly they are fast enough to provide some rest between boss fights without feeling like a waste of time, they are easy to get rid permantently for that save... Highmaul is also a good example of the purpose of trash mobs since there is a war going on in that place, but we don't have to deal with every single mob. All those gollums and ogres fighting in the background dealing with their own business is a really good way to make the place feel alive and your group can kill them if they want to.

Bad examples of trash in a raid? any kind of time block such as the drake event or spider event before Ultraxion and Sindragosa, excess amount of trash between boss fights or way too slow to kill trash or way too hard... this was very common in vanilla & TBC, but different times, different game.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the BRF Trash, except the stupid little guys near Oregorger. They actually require a tiny little bit of thought so you can't mindlessly pull and hit buttons until they die.
    That being said, I dislike trash in general and would love to do without it. as the average age of the playerbase grows older, it might be a good idea to streamline raiding as much as possible, yaknow?

I remember fighting trash in TBC also, it was boring as hell and a massive time waster when you just wanted to progress on a boss.

BRF trashs are way harder/more tense than they were in SSC (they're still trash tho)

Trash can certainly be livened up here and there with an interesting mechanic or RP bit, but it's otherwise fine. If NPCs who inhabit an enemy stronghold under command of a boss don't make sense to you, it's time to take a break from video games, because you're on your way to Howard Hughes-level indolence like WHY DOES MY CHARACTER HAVE TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE and WHY DO I HAVE TO CLICK BUTTONS; IT'S 2015. Take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    I mean... during SSC (TBC)... fighting trash was kind of tense. I focused, it was kind of exciting. Now a day in Highmaul and BRF... I want to afk while the rest of the raid fight the trash. I dread fighting the trash. I just want to fight the boss. What's the big deal jesus. Can Blizz make the trash more exciting agem to fight?
    They can and have done so in the past. The problem is not everyone is interested in them. Especially when the raid is on farm and in PUGs. Trash, as the name itself indicates, is what some people see them as will be skipped when possible.

Blizzard has experimented with a no-trash raid before with the ToGC. Look how popular that was. Just boss fights, which is what some people wanted. What else could they have done? Design a big raid like ICC with just the boss and no trash? Then people would complain it feels empty and the "long boring walk" between bosses.

They could done something like Vault of Archavon, minus the trash mobs but it just going from one room to another, rather than remaining in a single room as in ToGC.

They already tried a raid without trash.
    It was not a success, it was the worst raid ever imo

During the SSC times, the raid had one difficulties and not 4 different mode, lfr,normal,heroic or mythic.
    I guess doing the same shit 3 or 4 times a week on one toons is getting boring pretty fast.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally, raid trash before each boss will preview some of the abilities you have to deal with in the upcoming boss, which is actually done sometimes. Trash such as that actually serves a purpose.

But, sometimes it is just a AoE zergfest, which I suppose is just how it is.

I'd rather have less trash, it's just an annoyance that needs to get cleared. Not necessarily no trash, because then people would start bitching and moaning like they did about ToC, but less(time consuming) trash would be nice.
    Now, trash that previews boss abilities I'm okay with(although it still shouldn't have as silly amounts of health as some of the stuff in BRF).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU