Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can't say anything in particular in regards to ranking them, but spriests have solid mobility imo. Between VT/SWP, DP, Apparitions, PWS and SWD, there's plenty of damaging spells going out, and plenty of casts on the move. The only things you can't use are Mind Blast and Flay, and yes, I get that they're key spells to the spec, but keep in mind that most other classes can't cast much when their cooldowns (Ice Floes/SWG/Meta) are on cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

[QUOTE=Ariluz;33639548]
    We already have some of the best mobility of ranged specs in the game outside of hunters. If anything, I think that more mobility should be removed from the game (including hunters) so that ranged actually have to think about movement.

Wut. I'm being reminded how bad our mobility is again this tier since we just started mythic blackhand last night and gm kept asking me why I was behind the rest of the bursty/mobile dps by such a good amount

Quote Originally Posted by Haikus View Post
    Wut. I'm being reminded how bad our mobility is again this tier since we just started mythic blackhand last night and gm kept asking me why I was behind the rest of the bursty/mobile dps by such a good amount
    My guild's on BH mythic too, and our spriest is last on DPS - potentially better with a 5 orb pull, in phase 1. But I'd say that has more to do with everyone blowing their cooldowns on pull (Incarnation, Dark Soul, Ascendance, etc.), than lack of mobile DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    I'm not denying that the specc has some problems, but making our AoE faceroll just because other classes have it is hardly revolutionising the specc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    My guild's on BH mythic too, and our spriest is last on DPS - potentially better with a 5 orb pull, in phase 1. But I'd say that has more to do with everyone blowing their cooldowns on pull (Incarnation, Dark Soul, Ascendance, etc.), than lack of mobile DPS.
    It doesn't help that we have a lack of mobility when it comes to long extended movement, the running of the ring for demos, I'm personally playing AS (I know its better in p2/p3 and I don't want to go p1 for progression into p2 then my guild no longer makes the cut because my damage could potentially drop by swapping from COP to AS). I mean we have our level 90, which is typically halo in this example, on a 40sec cd (not even at optimal range) can't really dp unless you're at end of the ring or about to overflow on orbs and then sw spam if your AS. I know ele has SWG twice during this phase, hunters have a solid life, demo locks have TOC, boomkins can starsurge and spam their dots which about as solid sw spamming, and mages have icey floes >.>

[QUOTE=Haikus;33642933]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariluz View Post
    We already have some of the best mobility of ranged specs in the game outside of hunters. If anything, I think that more mobility should be removed from the game (including hunters) so that ranged actually have to think about movement.

Just wait until you get to P3. Shadow priest execute is insane in P3, where damage matters more than ever incidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    I'm not denying that the specc has some problems, but making our AoE faceroll just because other classes have it is hardly revolutionising the specc.
    Well, while being a spec with nonexistant on-demand aoe, which is also tied to only one talent choice, makes the spec unique, but it is not that kind of uniqueness people usually want. You may as well take bad talents and pretend you're playing unique-specced shadow priest. I'm not demanding our aoe being faceroll, but some decent dot-spreading mechanics must be added. Blizzard surely can do it in a more intelligent manner, like mind sear would not deal any damage at all, but instead every tick of it would spread every dot applied to its target to two more targets, and every spread would give you buff which increases dot damage by 5%. You still need time to ramp up because you will have to dot first target and wait till dots spread and damage buff stacks. You still need to channel it to maintain buff stacks. It can also replace divine star, for example, so we have three viable talents: bursty Halo, cascade madness when spread or good sustained on-demand aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Haikus View Post
    l2p dude, y u no cast ur oh-so-wonderful mobile swp??? /sarcasm
    Last edited by l33t; 2015-05-05 at 08:31 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Haha, man. Another patch, another fat load of nothing.

This really is all we're getting for 6.2, isn't it? Nerfed. Nerfed from the middle of the pack, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Haha, man. Another patch, another fat load of nothing.

This really is all we're getting for 6.2, isn't it? Nerfed. Nerfed from the middle of the pack, at best.
    Well look at the bright side dude. You can finally give up and reroll. Honestly, it is what we all should've done years ago.

And, even if you still don't want to, and believe in Blizzard or is a member of WE ARE OKAY STOP UR WHINE gogo priest team, you at least can stop bother about gathering tier18 set.

See, that's the problem. I'd like to reroll, BUT-- I legitimately enjoy healing on my priest. I mean, quite frankly I 'main' shadow priest in name only at this point-- inevitably, when the raid flexes such that we need another healer, it's me who gets the nod. And that's honestly not anything I mind; Holy is fun, Discipline is effective (if boring). Every time I try to roll an alt, two things strike me:

1.) The gear treadmill to get back to where I currently am on my priest-- and by extension, back into being a useful member of my raid group-- is too tedious to want to consider.
    2.) I'd miss being able to heal.

I mean, yeah, I could swap back and forth from my healer to.. I don't know, probably a Necroblight Unholy DK, but trying to keep two characters on the cutting edge of raid gearing seems tedious in the extreme.

If only Blizzard hadn't killed justice points, and I could just spam out heroics to get raid geared.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    If only Blizzard hadn't killed justice points, and I could just spam out heroics to get raid geared.
    I think you should just try a boomkin. It has possibly best healing spec in game gameplay-wise; and an awesome caster spec. And if things go wrong (which is unlikely, devs love boomies. I'd kill for devs to love us shadow priests the way they love boomies) you can always try cat. You will have a fuckton of utility, and will be viable in pvp.

Really, just look at that like it is an investment to the future. Also it is much better for your raid too, because both boomkin and resto are much better than shadow and holy.

Deleted
    I'd reroll boomkin but cba getting another char up to 700 ilevel. Perhaps i will when next raid tier is released.

Deleted
    Priests and shamans - forever sucking.

I have a Moonkin alt and while it's certainly different from a SPriest, it really doesn't feel like a huge improvement over Shadow to me. There's a lot less to manage for Boomkin and at the risk of sounding like "one of those Priests" I actually prefer the nuance of Shadow DPS. The grass isn't always greener.

Yeah, no, I am physically unable to roll any class that can't be a goblin. Looks great on paper, but having to be a troll or a moo cow kills it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I have a Moonkin alt and while it's certainly different from a SPriest, it really doesn't feel like a huge improvement over Shadow to me. There's a lot less to manage for Boomkin and at the risk of sounding like "one of those Priests" I actually prefer the nuance of Shadow DPS. The grass isn't always greener.
    Yeah I never told Boomkin is great gameplay-wise. To be honest, I fail to see any spec great in that, well maybe sub rogue...

He is great because: 1) Blizzard for some reason think he must be higher in a food chain than SP; 2) he got a shit ton of different utility; 3) he got a healing offspec, which Davesignal really wants to have. Another option for ranged dps with healing offspec is shaman, but shaman suck both in healing and in ele, so we have no real choice here.

And right now is actually a great time to reroll, because it does not really matter which class you're running to farm raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's a lot less to manage for Boomkin and at the risk of sounding like "one of those Priests" I actually prefer the nuance of Shadow DPS. The grass isn't always greener.
    Then allow me to sound like "one of those priests" - The Grass is Greener on the Shadow side.

#BestClass #BestSpec

Nerfing Shadow is a time-honored tradition the Blizzard team does to try to weed out the weak. If they treated us like they do their special snowflake classes, everyone would want to be Shadow - keeping us down is essential to maintaining the ideological purity of our community: it is the crucible of suffering through which we are forged.

It is our penance for being so mind-meltingly awesome.

Embrace their -12% DP nerf, even though it makes no sense toward class balance, and then beg them for more nerfs. In the end, their nerfs are meaningless - what matters is the stoicism of our community, and the coolness of our class - and these things lie beyond their ken.

They fear our potential - as well they should - and they strike out with the only weapon they wield, the nerf bat. The penance bat. Revel in the masochism of our nerfs, for only in our suffering may we craft our immortality. They could remove all our damage entirely, and we would still be the coolest spec in the game: we are beyond their control.

As the skittering shadows, into every crevice they do not see - we crawl. Their light now shines upon us, but soon the gaze will turn - and in that absence we shall loom beyond them once more. As a Poe, when they turn their back we shall creep - until the light takes us - our advance halted, but inevitable. In their desperation - they lash out at our physicality, but we are more than a %, our glory is ephemeral.

And Still Shadows Gather.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-05-07 at 11:12 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Then allow me to sound like "one of those priests" - The Grass is Greener on the Shadow side.

#BestClass #BestSpec

Nerfing Shadow is a time-honored tradition the Blizzard team does to try to weed out the weak. If they treated us like they do their special snowflake classes, everyone would want to be Shadow - keeping us down is essential to maintaining the ideological purity of our community: it is the crucible of suffering through which we are forged.

It is our penance for being so mind-meltingly awesome.

Embrace their -12% DP nerf, even though it makes no sense toward class balance, and then beg them for more nerfs. In the end, their nerfs are meaningless - what matters is the stoicism of our community, and the coolness of our class - and these things lie beyond their ken.

They fear our potential - as well they should - and they strike out with the only weapon they wield, the nerf bat. The penance bat. Revel in the masochism of our nerfs, for only in our suffering may we craft our immortality. They could remove all our damage entirely, and we would still be the coolest spec in the game: we are beyond their control.

As the skittering shadows, into every crevice they do not see - we crawl. Their light now shines upon us, but soon the gaze will turn - and in that absence we shall loom beyond them once more. As a Poe, when they turn their back we shall creep - until the light takes us - our advance halted, but inevitable. In their desperation - they lash out at our physicality, but we are more than a %, our glory is ephemeral.

And Still Shadows Gather.
    My eyes are open i now see why we must suffer and toil through this existence that is pain.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Still Shadows Gather.
    Th.. This was beautifull, thank you.

Purity's a cancer, whether it be ideological, genetic, or cultural. Nothing changes, nothing grows, nothing improves or evolves. It only ferments, twisting in on itself, becoming gnarled and useless.

Just like this spec. So I guess very apt, Yvaelle.