Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A proper ranged weapon, my prayers have been answered!

10+ Year Old Account
    If we get those icy blue wings, my Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings are going bye bye bye
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    If we get those icy blue wings, my Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings are going bye bye bye
    They'll happily sit on my back being way cooler than the current black ones I have.

eh how did you get paragon from that? Did paragon always have wings?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Other than being a ranged heavy profession, I don't see a correlation to a Paragon

now if it had Spears it would be a completely different story

I mean guardians also have shouts but if they get more shouts that's just blah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    All of the Paragon skill animations with wings from the original Guild Wars of course
    Valar morghulis

I didn't play GW1 from the start of Nightfall onward (other than to unlock the little bit of HoM stuff I had late last year), but iirc Paragons had wings, or at least the first bits of concept art depicted them with wings. They also used the spears as a ranged weapon, so while that isn't doable in GW2 (yet?), a longbow is akin to firing spears...albeit much smaller spears in the form of arrows, heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Other than being a ranged heavy profession, I don't see a correlation to a Paragon

now if it had Spears it would be a completely different story
    Technically, guardians do use spears already.

Haha, on that note: Imagine the rage if the elite spec was based on an underwater weapon, thus it only was useful for underwater combat. Behold, the new Guardian elite spec, Hylek Suit!

Edit: Playing my asshole card here, but why are we going on about guardian elite spec speculation in the Mesmer thread? :P
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2015-05-04 at 05:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic as hell x), looks cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    They've been crystal clear that they see Masteries as progression, of course it would be better. Otherwise everyone would be all like 'why bother to get your mastery, vanilla spec is just fine'.

Now I'm sure vanilla specs will continue to work just fine with vanilla content, but everyone progressing in HoT will choose the new elite spec as part of their build.
    So in other words, if I'm a ranger, there's absolutely no reason not to stay as a plain and simple ranger in HoT, and every reason to go Druid regardless of whether or not I like it because it's going to be more powerful. No, saying that I can do vanilla content with the vanilla spec isn't an answer; it's an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    So in other words, if I'm a ranger, there's absolutely no reason not to stay as a plain and simple ranger in HoT, and every reason to go Druid regardless of whether or not I like it because it's going to be more powerful. No, saying that I can do vanilla content with the vanilla spec isn't an answer; it's an excuse.
    I sort of doubt that you'll be less powerful. You have the choice of going fully into a elite spec or choosing to go (for example) 6,0,6,0,6 in your "vanilla" spec. I know for my thief it is going to be a hard choice to use a new weapon or get a lot of power by getting another grand master.

She's incorrect. You are not more powerful. The reason I brought it up in the first place was because they made chronomancer a "everything in one" kinda package

She's incorrect. You are not more powerful. The reason I brought it up in the first place was because they made chronomancer a "everything in one" kinda package
    Thank you for the clarification.

Thank you for the clarification.
    Ya. The only thing chrono doesn't cover is stealth but who needs stealth when you have that f5 and double clone shatter?

This is a fair comparison between Chrono and the current traitlines. I didn't write this, but I found it on the forums and it does show that while Chrono can be seen as OP, you have to give up quite a lot to actually use it. It's not a straightforward upgrade.

Deleted
    That whole argument has to do with DE. You won't need DE as a chrono, you have traits to resummon phantasms and clones as soon as they die/shatter, with works even better than DE.
    Apart from interrupt, which a chrono can do just as well, I don't see how mesmers can be better than chrono.

Deleted
    Feel kind of sad now.
    Guardian got 5 new skills and new virtues while mesmer only got 2 new and a new F skill.
    Didn't Anet said that professions with one hand weapon would be compensated? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    Feel kind of sad now.
    Guardian got 5 new skills and new virtues while mesmer only got 2 new and a new F skill.
    Didn't Anet said that professions with one hand weapon would be compensated? :/
    I was also wondering this. Guardian virtues functionally changed into 3 new skills, plus 5 skills from longbow and 6 skills from utilitys. Mesmers got 1 new shatter (with like a 3 min cooldown), 2 skills from off hand and 6 from utility.

I guess they are counting alacrity? Which I don't think compensates enough but w/e

Umm, they did say awhile ago that if you compare the specializations on a purely "how many new flashys" it won't be even because they aren't going from a "everyone gets x number of new abilities" perspective but from a "everyone gets cool new things that change gameplay and give them more options" perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jon Peters just posted the traits for the Chronomancer line:

Hey all. Here are the Chronomancer traits from Robert! Keep in mind, all numbers are a work in progress.

Minor
    • Time Splitter – Gain access to continuum split/shift which allows you to revert to an earlier point in time.
    • Flow of Time – Gain alacrity when you shatter. (1s)
    • Time Marches On – You move 25% faster. The duration of incoming movement-impairing conditions is reduced by 25%. (Cripple. Chilled, Immobilize)

Adept
    • Time Catches Up – Activating a shatter gives your illusions Super Speed
    • Delayed Reactions – Interrupting a foe slows them. (3s of Slow)
    • All’s Well that Ends Well – Wells remove conditions from allies when they end. (1 condition)

Master
    • Illusionary Reversion – Gain a clone after you activate a shatter skill.
    • Improved Alacrity – Alacrity applied to you lasts longer. (33%)
    • Danger Time – Gain additional critical hit chance against slowed enemies. (30%)

Grandmaster
    • Lost Time – Every 3rd critical hit will slow your target. (2s of Slow)
    • Chronophantasma – Your phantasms respawn the first time they are shattered.
    • Seize The Moment – Gain quickness for each illusion you shatter. (1s of Quickness)
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post5055441
    Valar morghulis