Page 1 of 88
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is Feminism an Anti-Family, Anti-Male Movement?

Erin Pizzey is an English family care activist and a novelist.

She became internationally famous for having started one of the first women's refuges (called women's shelters in Canada and the U.S.) in the modern world, Chiswick Women's Aid, in 1971, the organisation known today as Refuge.

She was there at the very early stages of the 1960s feminist movement, and tells her story of what actually happened in those early days, which perhaps explain where the movement is today.

I have paraphrased sections of the video linked below, they are not perfect quotes, but they are fairly close, do watch the full video if you want to check on them:

---------------------------------

"In 1969, as the Women's Liberation movement came across to the UK from America...

A group of leftist marxist women got together at this beginning meeting and, wanting a movement of their own and to get their own funding (there wasn't much money in left wing politics), they decided to change the goalposts...

It will no longer be capitalism that is the problem... We are now going to move it to patriarchy...

Half the human race is now going to pay you, for your movement, that's going to exclude them...

I pointed out their movement has nothing to do with women's needs... they brought to us a Trojan Horse, it was called equality.

The most chilling phrase to me was the planned destruction of the family...

the new structure would be women and children...

and men would be disenfranchised... because marriage is no longer a safe place for women and children."

https://youtu.be/jnUwxxijr3g

If you want, just watch the first 3 minutes, she explains quite a bit very early on.

-----------------------------

My questions would be:

- Given that she started some of the very first domestic violence refuges during the women's movement in the 1960s, is Erin Pizzey a reliable source on the origins of modern feminism, given that she currently does not identify as one?

- If she is a valid source, does her account of the movement's Marxist roots and its desire to break up the family unit and "overthrow the oppressors, men" explain some of the feminist concepts we hear of today like patriarchy?

- Even if one believes Erin Pizzey, is this still relevant to modern feminism and should it inform modern debate around feminism?

- Do you, personally, think today's feminism is currently anti-male and/or anti-family?

EDIT

If you wish to read more about patriarchy theory and modern feminism:

http://www.palgrave-journals.com/fr/.../fr197921a.pdf

or just watch the video below:

https://youtu.be/05ro6fcj6Ek

Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-05-04 at 09:26 AM.

Everybody is different.

Can't we have a break from feminism threads for a little while?

Deleted
    Yeah, it wants to destroy the family and all men.

Gender traitor in the war against poorly defined theoretical constructs.
    Failure to express faith in the narrative is sinful and problematic.
    am I doing it right?

Hide yo sons, hide yo husbands...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I want a pizza so badly.

Her name needs what you'd call a "Trigger warning"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post

I didn't notice it until you called it out.

Now I want pizza too. So thanks for that, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Can't we have a break from feminism threads for a little while?
    No. There's no stopping the force of victimizing oneself and blaming all your personal failures on a movement which is about equalizing males and females.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post

I had a vegan pizza yesterday. Worst 50 SEK spent in my entire life, probably.

Feminism is annoying. Stop already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I had a vegan pizza yesterday. Worst 50 SEK spent in my entire life, probably.
    Vegans are the bigger threat I agree.

They fight for everything that is foul and dark in this world, like Tofu.

She seems like a very good person, too bad there is 50 other crappy ones on 1 good like she said.. the movement is all about money nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Vegans are the bigger threat I agree.

They fight for everything that is foul and dark in this world, like Tofu.
    Oh God, don't get me started. Everytime I eat something vegan I almost feel like going out to slaughter a calf myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    No. There's no stopping the force of victimizing oneself and blaming all your personal failures on a movement which is about equalizing males and females.
    They don't want to equalize shit.

Yes, it's all a conspiracy of the matriarchy with the long-term goal of drinking all of humanity's blood.

Thank God there's MMO-C, where you learn da truth about stuffs that they don't want you to know!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would easily say in the western white countries of the world there is far more Misandry than Misogyny these days.

No, it isn't.

But like many movements with valid grievances, it's lime-light is often hijacked by extremists, hate groups, and kooks cloaked in anonymity and/or unscrupulous media support who claim to speak for feminism or women in general.

You can bet that when you see something insane being ascribed to feminism, it's because all the moderate, well-meaning feminist voices in that situation are being drowned out by the plethora of gender-baiters, professional victims, and special interests that are looking to benefit themselves first and foremost and advance the cause (which they are benefiting from) by any means they can. Even if those means are less than ethical.

For reference on how the radical element perverts a movement and silences moderate voices:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...mpus-katherine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Hoff_Sommers
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2015-05-02 at 01:39 PM.
    ~RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I would easily say in the western white countries of the world there is far more Misandry than Misogyny these days.
    I'd say this is pretty accurate.
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

Not all of them. But feminism has a lot of bad apples and for every article I hear of a woman being oppressed there are 10 cases of male oppression ignored.

Feminism claims to be about equality but has done almost nothing for men.

Feminists always say women are oppressed in some areas but fail to address the privileges women have in other areas.