Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    how do you win when you dont throw anything of substance?
    he's spent his career pot shoting and refusing to trade.

manny couldnt land much
    but floyd is the softest puncher in boxing...if and when he decides to love tap at all

how can you be the best when you are clearly a joke to the sport?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    You may not have written "amazed", but you certainly gave the impression that the fight wowed you in some way shape or form. Seeing as you are acknowledging how this was "about as perfect as a Welterweight can fight".
    Again, this is an attribute you are coming up with yourself. Nonesuch is said by myself.

Um....what? Boxing is a combat sport.
    This is not mutually exclusive with hurting each other. It is a combat sport in that two contestants engage in contact.

By the definition of combat sport it states such: "A combat sport, or fighting sport, is a competitive contact sport with one-on-one combat. Determining the winner depends on the particular contest's rules. In many fighting sports, a contestant wins by scoring more points than the opponent or by disabling the opponent. Boxing, kickboxing, amateur wrestling, judo, Brazilian Jujitsu, mixed martial arts, and Muay Thai are examples of combat sports."

"Hurting the other guy" is not even a goal in most organized combat sports the world over. Well, at least since gladiatorial matches last ceased.

So a technical fight can't be exciting? This is what you're saying?
    Seems like a grand conclusion.

Accurately, I am saying many casual fans would not (& did not from the post-fight press) enjoy a technical boxing match over a dramatic KO or one with voluminous punching. Especially those attracted to MayPac through it's aggressive marketing majorly.

To answer your question, the 60s to the early 90s. When Boxing was in, what is considered by many, it's "golden age"..
    I think this is rather dubious. I have been watching boxing since the 1970s. The only slugging famed in Boxing was among heavyweights or those belong to a much cruder age of pugilism than the 60s.

Tell me where I said he wasn't boxing?
    You said, "All Mayweather did..." which outlined he did not perform in a manner consistent with the goals of the sport. But in the next paragraph you state what Mayweather did- which is box according to the rules and technique of modern boxing.

If one does not like modern boxing, fair enough. However, the fighter and match were both consistent with how the sport is engaged currently.

An issue with the state of modern boxing is separate and apart from the commentary I made that Mayweather v. Pacquio was a textbook demonstration of Welterweight boxing technique and style. In particular, Mayweather demonstrated a near flawless execution of modern boxing for his weight and division which has carried him to a 48-0 record and still ranked as the best P4P boxer currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Again, this is an attribute you are coming up with yourself. Nonesuch is said by myself.
    Again, while you didn't say amazed, you certainly gave the impression that the fight wowed you in some way. Is this not true?

This is not mutually exclusive with hurting each other. It is a combat sport in that two contestants engage in contact.

By the definition of combat sport it states such: "A combat sport, or fighting sport, is a competitive contact sport with one-on-one combat. Determining the winner depends on the particular contest's rules. In many fighting sports, a contestant wins by scoring more points than the opponent or by disabling the opponent. Boxing, kickboxing, amateur wrestling, judo, Brazilian Jujitsu, mixed martial arts, and Muay Thai are examples of combat sports."

"Hurting the other guy" is not even a goal in most organized combat sports the world over. Well, at least since gladiatorial matches last ceased.
    Disabling - that cripples or disables or incapacitates; "a crippling injury". Your own link proves my point. You earn points by disabling your opponent in whatever ways the rules allow you to. I don't even see how you're arguing this. You can color it anyway you want, but at the end of the day, it's a fight. In a fight, people hurt each other...

Seems like a grand conclusion.

Accurately, I am saying many casual fans would not (& did not from the post-fight press) enjoy a technical boxing match over a dramatic KO or one with voluminous punching. Especially those attracted to MayPac through it's aggressive marketing majorly.
    No one was expecting a dramatic KO. That's a pretty stupid expectation, since it doesn't happen as often as one thinks. BUT, fans did expect a fight and a performance. In what world is a technical fight automatically a boring/uneventful one? I guess Sugar Ray, Ali, Holmes, and Roy Jones Jr were doing it wrong. They were all defensive fighters who were aggressive. Like I've said, being a counter fighter is not an excuse not to close the deal. It was a boring fight, fans ranging from casuals to the die hards were disappointed. Don't make it seem like the common folk were the only ones disappointed.

I think this is rather dubious. I have been watching boxing since the 1970s. The only slugging famed in Boxing was among heavyweights or those belong to a much cruder age of pugilism than the 60s.
    I don't know what kind of fights you were watching back then, but fighters from all calibers were giving amazing performances back in those days. You seem to be attributing an exciting fight with slugging, haymakers, and knockouts. If you're truly a Boxing fan, you should know very well that that is false.

You said, "All Mayweather did..." which outlined he did not perform in a manner consistent with the goals of the sport. But in the next paragraph you state what Mayweather did- which is box according to the rules and technique of modern boxing.

If one does not like modern boxing, fair enough. However, the fighter and match were both consistent with how the sport is engaged currently.

An issue with the state of modern boxing is separate and apart from the commentary I made that Mayweather v. Pacquio was a textbook demonstration of Welterweight boxing technique and style. In particular, Mayweather demonstrated a near flawless execution of modern boxing for his weight and division which has carried him to a 48-0 record and still ranked as the best P4P boxer currently.
    He performed in a manner consistent with the goals of PART of the sport. Sure, his defense was extremely impressive and will make him one of the best defensive boxers in the history of the sport. That's it though. He never went on the offensive, and ususally never does. Which they do score you for, by the way. So, again, if this is the kind of matches you enjoy, more power to you.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2015-05-05 at 07:57 PM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

This over-hyped fight should have happened 5 years ago, when this illiterate thug and bigot politician were still in their prime.

- - - Updated - - -

This shitty match turned away many potential boxing fans and some long-term fans, both of them were just in it for the money, not the actual competition.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Boxing is dead, and this match helped kill it. I refuse to say fight because there wasn't one.

Though I guess if Pacquiao was Mayweathers wife, he would have hugged him less, and actually threw punches that would cause any sort of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by VeriusNox View Post
    Boxing is dead, and this match helped kill it. I refuse to say fight because there wasn't one.

Though I guess if Pacquiao was Mayweathers wife, he would have hugged him less, and actually threw punches that would cause any sort of pain.
    That is pretty low to say. Go cry somewhere else that Manny wasn't good enough.

Fact is, and no Pac-Man fan wants to admit it, is Manny didn't show up to fight, he showed up for a paycheck. Everyone knows Mayweather is defense first, offense second. To be upset with him because he fights that way is ridiculous, you knew he was going to, he has ALWAYS fought like that. Manny didn't make it a fight, Manny wasn't aggressive enough plain and simple. He let Mayweather dictate how the fight would go, that is Pac-Man's fault, and his alone. Mayweather landed more punches, threw more punches and was more active throughout the fight. Check compubox stats, don't troll.

Now most likely, this fight would of been VERY different had Pacquaio not torn his rotator cuff a month ago. He is really f'd now, people are going to come after him. Including the NSAC, fans, promoters, anyone who can profit off his deceitfulness. Instead of giving us a fight, he showed up at 50% just to collect a paycheck. Who should you really be mad at here?

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    That is pretty low to say. Go cry somewhere else that Manny wasn't good enough.

Fact is, and no Pac-Man fan wants to admit it, is Manny didn't show up to fight, he showed up for a paycheck. Everyone knows Mayweather is defense first, offense second. To be upset with him because he fights that way is ridiculous, you knew he was going to, he has ALWAYS fought like that. Manny didn't make it a fight, Manny wasn't aggressive enough plain and simple. He let Mayweather dictate how the fight would go, that is Pac-Man's fault, and his alone. Mayweather landed more punches, threw more punches and was more active throughout the fight. Check compubox stats, don't troll.

Now most likely, this fight would of been VERY different had Pacquaio not torn his rotator cuff a month ago. He is really f'd now, people are going to come after him. Including the NSAC, fans, promoters, anyone who can profit off his deceitfulness. Instead of giving us a fight, he showed up at 50% just to collect a paycheck. Who should you really be mad at here?
    First off, your assumption I'm here on Manny's behalf is cute and adorable but way off base, but thanks for trying. Manny, injury or no, didn't play his cards right. If he wanted to win, he would have rescheduled the fight when he could effectively use his right hand.

Second off, my statement still stands. This wasn't a fight. There was no fighting. Mayweather gave taps for points, and ran around. I know, I know, "it's technical boxing", and that is why boxing is dead, and this match killed it.

Third off, Mayweather is still a worthless shit. Any man who beats their woman is no man at all. And his fans are as annoying as the dipshit himself.

Quote Originally Posted by VeriusNox View Post
    First off, your assumption I'm here on Manny's behalf is cute and adorable but way off base, but thanks for trying. Manny, injury or no, didn't play his cards right. If he wanted to win, he would have rescheduled the fight when he could effectively use his right hand.

Second off, my statement still stands. This wasn't a fight. There was no fighting. Mayweather gave taps for points, and ran around. I know, I know, "it's technical boxing", and that is why boxing is dead, and this match killed it.

Third off, Mayweather is still a worthless shit. Any man who beats their woman is no man at all. And his fans are as annoying as the dipshit himself.
    It wasn't an assumption that you were a fan, it was based off the fact you wanted Manny to win. If he would of tried to reschedule, he would of never got the fight. Mayweather would of moved on to Amir Khan or someone else very predictable and easy to out point and collect another paycheck.

Can't argue, I'm still quite annoyed it cost $100.

After reading details about the case, Mayweathers (ex woman) provoked him. Should a man ever raise his hand in anger towards a woman? No never. But should a woman be allowed to do that? No never. She wanted to provoke him, and admitted to be the aggressor but he shouldn't of retaliated. Now with her latest lawsuit you can clearly see what type of woman she is. She was all about the money from day one. All on him for having that type of woman in his life, but you cannot act like he just goes around smacking/beating up random women for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    It wasn't an assumption that you were a fan, it was based off the fact you wanted Manny to win. If he would of tried to reschedule, he would of never got the fight. Mayweather would of moved on to Amir Khan or someone else very predictable and easy to out point and collect another paycheck.

Can't argue, I'm still quite annoyed it cost $100.

After reading details about the case, Mayweathers (ex woman) provoked him. Should a man ever raise his hand in anger towards a woman? No never. But should a woman be allowed to do that? No never. She wanted to provoke him, and admitted to be the aggressor but he shouldn't of retaliated. Now with her latest lawsuit you can clearly see what type of woman she is. She was all about the money from day one. All on him for having that type of woman in his life, but you cannot act like he just goes around smacking/beating up random women for no reason.
    I never once said I wanted Manny to win.

I wanted something more entertaining so people weren't turned away from the sport.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Y'all the ones that put him up on a pedestal...now you upset that I proved you wrong...right now, I think that he has to go back to the drawing board.-FMJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjo1TaCl_EE
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    relevant........

Mayweather stripped of his title..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0PH01420150707
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    relevant........

Mayweather stripped of his title..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0PH01420150707
    Because he didn't pay the fee required lol.
    You're a towel.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's just a ploy so the two of them can have a rematch and make millions of dollars for them and the sport of boxing. /conspiracytheory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    It's just a ploy so the two of them can have a rematch and make millions of dollars for them and the sport of boxing. /conspiracytheory
    No, they can not hold two different weight class titles at the same time.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    The fight was amazing. Both fighters did very well, I have great respect for them. What pissed me off though was Larry Merchant interviewing Mayweather. Since 2005 when I started watching boxing, he annoyed me as a guy who doesn't know jack about boxing (I believe in some interview he admitted the he has never put boxing gloves on) and, yet, considers himself someone who can teach professional boxers how to fight. I don't like Mayweather's attitude in general, very arrogant and all - but here, in his place, I would say to that old impostor exactly same things he said. HBO should have fired that guy long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.