Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Or, you could just interview them, hire the seemingly best candidate, and then fire them later if you don't like them. /shrug

I am not saying this to be an asshole but it seems you have never hired anyone for a high skill position. Also, you are kind of a heartless dude ....

I have been hiring for many years into my teams and let me tell you, it is a freakign waste of time. Almost all people interviewed will not work out, they do not have what it takes. It wastes a lot of my time that a simple test would be able to at least cut in half the number of interviews I have to do.

Also, just firing the guy 2 months later because he doesn't work out is completely heart crushing to me. I have put a lot of effort into hiring the good guys to make sure I don't have to fire them. I have fired guys and it always makes me feel like such a fucking piece of shit that just hiring to then fire tells me that either your empathy system is not working that well or you never were in that position of actually taking a man into an office to tell him to pack up his stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    i knew a guy capable of multiple orgasms in rare occasions .. if you can count 2 within 30 seconds multiple.

as for life being unfair, you boys get to write the name in the snow (or a wall)... that is unfair ~!
    Oh ya! I feel better now, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Actually, no. This isn't about having to be smart, merely knowing what voting actually is. I would TOTALLY be in favor of a "how our county works" test to handle voting rights. You can be a super genius or the block's dumb kid, doesn't matter, but you should at least have an idea what the hell you're doing. We don't give out driving licenses unless you pass a test first. Same thing here.
    It's not the same thing at all. Driving is a privilege, voting is a right. Ignorance is no reason to deny someone a right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    I am not saying this to be an asshole but it seems you have never hired anyone for a high skill position. Also, you are kind of a heartless dude ....

I have been hiring for many years into my teams and let me tell you, it is a freakign waste of time. Almost all people interviewed will not work out, they do not have what it takes. It wastes a lot of my time that a simple test would be able to at least cut in half the number of interviews I have to do.

Also, just firing the guy 2 months later because he doesn't work out is completely heart crushing to me. I have put a lot of effort into hiring the good guys to make sure I don't have to fire them. I have fired guys and it always makes me feel like such a fucking piece of shit that just hiring to then fire tells me that either your empathy system is not working that well or you never were in that position of actually taking a man into an office to tell him to pack up his stuff.
    Sorry kiddo but, this is exactly how the real world works. You hire the candidate you think is the best, then replace them later if you have doubts they are still the best. Not every employee is a fit for every job. There is nothing evil or heartless about letting someone go. It's just business. Perhaps they will find a job that pays even better, or satisfies them more in some other way. I'm not saying we shouldn't all feel bad to see someone lose their job. But lets not take that leap further and assume that was the only job they can get.

Meh...I fail to see how this is any worse than voting for Trump because of _______ insert BS promise that will never be realized. At least shes keeping it real

It's not the same thing at all. Driving is a privilege, voting is a right. Ignorance is no reason to deny someone a right.
    Ya but it doesn't mean every single person gets this right. You already have to wait until 18.

Sorry kiddo but, this is exactly how the real world works. You hire the candidate you think is the best, then replace them later if you have doubts they are still the best. Not every employee is a fit for every job. There is nothing evil or heartless about letting someone go. It's just business. Perhaps they will find a job that pays even better, or satisfies them more in some other way. I'm not saying we shouldn't all feel bad to see someone lose their job. But lets not take that leap further and assume that was the only job they can get.
    Kiddo ? Really ?

Ok then mister real world. Keep hiring people who don't fit so you can fire them later. Thats how you get quality employees. It does not affect morale in the team either. You don't know what you are talking about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ya but it doesn't mean every single person gets this right. You already have to wait until 18.
    Yeah, children are not considered citizens. That's how it works. All citizens get to vote, unless they are felons (which I hugely disagree with).

Yeah, children are not considered citizens. That's how it works. All citizens get to vote, unless they are felons (which I hugely disagree with).
    Children aren't considered citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    Kiddo ? Really ?

Ok then mister real world. Keep hiring people who don't fit so you can fire them later. Thats how you get quality employees. It does not affect morale in the team either. You don't know what you are talking about at all.
    You are arguing against things I didn't say. You can do that on your own time without bringing me in to it. I never said hire people who didn't fit. I said "hire the candidate you think is the best".

Sorry, this thread was missed it seems, but this is a necro'ed thread (The OP is 9 months old at this point).

The post that bumped the thread to activity again might be worth it's own thread(Which can be found here), but at this point it's just gonna be drowned out by people coming in, seeing the OP, and responding based on that.

Closing this.