Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 6.2 Preview - Bonus Events and Adventure Guide

Update (8:45 PM EDT): Added tonight's nerf to Blackhand.
    Update (4:45 PM EDT): Patch 6.2 will restore the 1 minute cooldown on PvP Trinkets, down from 2 min.

WoW Down to 7.1 Million Subscribers

Patch 6.1.2 Hotfixes - May 7
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Raids and Dungeons
    Blackrock Foundry
    • Blackhand
      • Blackhand's Demolition ability now deals 20% less damage and his Massive Demolition ability now deals 5% less damage on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties.

Patch 6.2 - PvP Trinket Cooldown Reduction
    We're currently planning to change the on-use PvP trinkets back to a 1-minute cooldown (and reducing their effects) in patch 6.2. This is effectively reverting the change made to these trinkets in patch 6.1, which was a heavy contributor to the overall strength of the Human racial.

This essentially buffs sub rogues in addition to the buffs they are receiving, along with BM hunters who will now just run 1 on use and 1 proc again.
    It does mean that classes with burst abilities on shorter cooldowns will be able to line them up with trinkets more regularly, yes. However, it substantially lowers the maximum potential for that burst of damage. We expect it will be significantly easier to survive through the maximum burst output of e.g. a Beast Mastery Hunter or Combat Rogue who is able to run with double trinkets. That was the case prior to the change in Patch 6.1 that changed them to their current 2-minute versions.

Patch 6.2 Preview - Bonus Events and Adventure Guide
    Blizzard posted a list of the bonus events from last week's PTR build. It looks like many of the rewards have been changed since then.
    As development continues on Patch 6.2, we’re excited to share some additional information on two new upcoming features—Bonus Events and the new Adventure Guide.

Bonus Events
    The Bonus Events system consists of a rotating schedule of seven different activities, currently scheduled to run from Friday through Monday of each week. Each Bonus Event grants a passive bonus to a particular game activity and offers a once-per-event quest with a noteworthy reward for accomplishing a related goal. The in-game calendar (located in the upper right-hand corner of the mini-map) can serve as your one-stop reference for the event schedule. The Adventure Guide—discussed in detail below—will also offer a direct link to active Bonus Events, allowing you to easily accept any associated quests.

Timewalking—The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King
    The schedule will feature two different Timewalking Bonus Events, each themed around an expansion: The Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King. Your character’s level and gear scales down to the dungeon at Heroic difficulty, but the loot you receive is scaled back up, making it a great way to gear up characters as well as receive cool items for transmogrification. Completing three Timewalking dungeons as a part of a quest during the event awards a Seal for an extra bonus roll, which isn’t counted toward the weekly cap of three seals. Learn more about the Timewalking Bonus Event in our Patch 6.2 Preview – Timewalking.

Draenor Dungeons
    While this Bonus Event is active, defeating enemies in any Draenor dungeon will award reputation with an appropriate faction. Completing two Mythic-difficulty Warlords dungeons as a part of a quest during the event awards a Heroic Hellfire Citadel Raid cache.

Battlegrounds
    During the Battlegrounds Bonus Event, you’ll earn triple Honor points from random Battlegrounds. Completing the event quest by winning a few random Battlegrounds awards 500 Conquest Points, which do not count toward the weekly Conquest cap.

Arena Skirmishes
    You’ll earn triple Honor points from random Arena Skirmish matches during this event. A quest to win several random Arena Skirmish matches will award 500 Conquest Points, which do not count toward the weekly Conquest cap.

Apexis
    If you’re trying to stock up on Apexis Crystals, you’ll be able to gain triple the amount from eligible creatures during this Bonus Event. Completing three area assault objectives during the event awards a sizable amount of Oil to fuel new Naval Missions as a part of your Shipyard. (More information on this new resource will be covered in a future Shipyards and Naval Missions preview.)

Pet Battles
    During Pet Battle Bonus Events, you’ll be able to take your pets out for a little exercise and earn triple pet experience from battles. Winning five PvP Pet Battles as a part of a quest during the event awards the player with an Ultimate Battle-Training Stone that instantly levels a pet to 25.

Adventure Guide
    Patch 6.2 also introduces the Adventure Guide, which acts as a landing page of sorts for our other in-game Journals, and makes it easier than ever to find content and activities that are relevant to your character.

The Adventure Guide suggests content based on a number of factors, such as character level, item level, quest progress, achievements, and more. The Guide is fully interactive, allowing players to accept relevant quests or search for a group via Group Finder with a single click.

More Patch 6.2 Info
    You can help test our new Bonus Events and the Adventure Guide on the Patch 6.2 PTR. Note that availability to test this content may be limited to certain time frames. Learn more about the upcoming Patch 6.2 and how to participate on the PTR in the 6.2 PTR Patch Notes.
    Last edited by chaud; 2015-05-08 at 12:57 AM.

How would you guys all feel about Oil being rare so we can't just send ships out willy nilly like we currently do with followers. Follower missions cost Garrison resources, but they are so plentiful, it hardly makes any difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I feel it's a tad BS that things such as Timewalker dungs and rep gain is limited to weekend bonus events. (Bring back Rep tabards!)
    The rest I have no issues with

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    TBH, I feel it's a tad BS that things such as Timewalker dungs and rep gain is limited to weekend bonus events. (Bring back Rep tabards!)
    The rest I have no issues with
    Gotta keep you subbed somehow.

Why, why, even with something like pet battles, are the best rewards handed out for doing PvP - these @#$@#$ mmo's need to stop pushing PvP crap - there are a billion other game types that do PvP better and are MADE for PvP.
    Last edited by azurrei; 2015-05-07 at 05:26 PM.

What is being tied to PvP besides PvP rewards?

These events should be available every weekend. What rotates should be the bigger rewards, such as the heroic cache, big apexis cache, etc. Reputation, bonus honor, bonus apexis, etc. should just be turned on from fri-mon. People need reasons to play.

So wait, now Timewalking is a once every 7 weeks event? Or am I reading this wrong?
    I'm not really getting the "a rotating schedule of seven different activities" thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Why, why, even with something like pet battles, are the best rewards handed out for doing PvP - these @#$@#$ mmo's need to stop pushing PvP crap - there are a billion other game types that do PvP better and are MADE for PvP.
    Umm...maybe is because it's called world of WARcraft.....

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    I'm guessing because it's majority a PvE game, less representation in PvP. Assuming that the reason for a bigger reward since less people usually PvP, this will be a bonus for those that do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceDH View Post
    So wait, now Timewalking is a once every 7 weeks event? Or am I reading this wrong?
    I'm not really getting the "a rotating schedule of seven different activities" thing
    Right now on the PTR there is one event per week, but keep in mind that it can change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    I'm guessing because it's majority a PvE game, less representation in PvP. Assuming that the reason for a bigger reward since less people usually PvP, this will be a bonus for those that do.
    It's more to get more people to pvp I would assume, but a lot of people who have issue with competition like activities usually shy away from pvp all together, many of these players tend to be the reason WoW is being "dumb down" because they want everything given to them on easy mode instead of having to achieve it.
    Last edited by ognomad; 2015-05-07 at 05:43 PM.

Sounds awful. I don't pvp, so those BGs and arenas are going to be a waste. Just have all of them every weekend, and let us choose what we actually wanna do, that way we don't feel like we wasted an opportunity and have to wait 2 months for it to come again in case we can't participate.

Technically it is twice within the seven week rotation since TBC and Wrath are two different events. It would be nice if they are separated though so maybe TBC is week 1 of the cycle and Wrath is maybe week 3 or 4 so that people who really want to run them dont have to rush in a two week span then have nothing they are interested in for 5 weeks.

Also, the PVP pet battle part is annoying. I do realize it is somewhat easy but replace the pvp part with maybe defeating X number of trainers since you have less of a chance of running forever just to try to get 5 wins if you dont have a good pvp team.

Or is it 7 events over the 7 days of the week?

Blizzard: If you play don't play on weekends YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR! If they're going to do rotating events like this they need to make them available throughout the entire week. Some people work on weekends and only have time to play during the week. It's incredibly stupid to make such large rewards available only on weekends...

With Timewalking and Mythic dungeons will I be able to run them more than once per week and just not receive rewards rewards after the first run through?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icyflamez View Post
    Blizzard: If you play don't play on weekends YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR! If they're going to do rotating events like this they need to make them available throughout the entire week. Some people work on weekends and only have time to play during the week. It's incredibly stupid to make such large rewards available only on weekends...
    OR Blizzard knows when most of their playerbase is online and targeted the events to capture the largest portion while still maintaining a schedule. They can't cater to the fringe and they can't please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    OR Blizzard knows when most of their playerbase is online and targeted the events to capture the largest portion while still maintaining a schedule. They can't cater to the fringe and they can't please everyone.
    But who does it hurt to make the event last the entire week? It's still a stupid decision.

Cynical me says : "Oh look another way to eek out peoples interest in the game. Rather than allowing people easier ways of obtaining the things that interest them, they gate them behind 'events', a hollow gesture to get people to retain their sub for just one more month, to wait for that bonus weekend for that avenue/s that interest them."

Reality me thinks : "What the frigging hell is with all the frigging gating of frigging everything frigging."

The WoW lover in me remains in his coma, numb, waiting for something to jolt me out of this slumber.