Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    What's Outrageous is that someone thinks P1 is such a big obstacle to get through that it'll double the amount of kills in a reset. I mean, wat.
    P1 nerf = significantly less P1 wipes, which = many more P2 and P3 attempts.

We'll be at 500-600 kills when the nerf is a week old for sure.

Deleted
    Nowhere it is said nerf was because of mythic difficulty. Could be just to help normal and heroic guild strugling with first phase healing and mythic nerf just side effect while at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post

I'd like to bet with you, Sir. What are your stakes?

The nerf isn't big enough to cause "significantly less P1 wipes". If people wipe in P1 it's due to not meeting the dps check, or failing with marked for death during demolitions. Neither is solved with these nerfs; What this nerf does is allow you to bring more melee as they have a harder time dodging dmg in p1, if your setup requires it. It's a QOL change, not something that will significantly boost kill rates. But sure, I'll quote you on it a week from now, we're currently at 308 kills ATM, just for posterity's sake. From may 1 to 8, there was ~35 kills as of writing this post. The week before that, there was ~50 new kills, and the week before that, ~45.

I'm going to say we'll be at around 370 kills on May 15th, judging from the previous numbers and how "big" an impact the nerf will have.
    What are we betting?

Ya nice joke, P1 deaths rarely are from demolition.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    we should be looking at 500-600 in one week's time.
    You clearly haven't done the fight. This has almost no relevance into the # of wipes a guild will have. After the first 10-15 pulls your guild won't be wiping from people dying to demolition damage once a proper cd order is set up.

All this does is make it a bit more melee friendly for p1. If anything this is a huge nerf to heroic due to how the strategy is done(Most people just yolo demolitions), but for mythic the damage intake from demolitions were already the least deadliest unless someone just decides to stand directly under one.

Kind of an understandable nerf, as the damage this ability did is one of the reasons class stacking was needed early on. That been said the gear since that has easily overridden that

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    All our P1 wipes after we had seen p3 once were from random people dying in P1 due to demolition damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    All our P1 wipes after we had seen p3 once were from random people dying in P1 due to demolition damage.
    Then I am quite curious what kind of p1 strat you used, once we had our cooldown rotation p1 demo deaths were non existant unless that person decided to go full retard.

The p1 damage nerf means you aren't penalized for bringing non-rogue melee as heavily. Before these number changes, having more than 3 people in melee was a bit rough with all of the mini demolitions landing in melee. Maybe next week we can go back to letting our melee playing their mains instead of their boomkin and hunter alts.

Then I am quite curious what kind of p1 strat you used, once we had our cooldown rotation p1 demo deaths were non existant unless that person decided to go full retard.
    We used 2 mages. You can guess which 2 people in the raid died always if someone died :>

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    We used 2 mages. You can guess which 2 people in the raid died always if someone died :>
    Fair enough, but ya we had no issues and I don't see how this change makes this encounter any easier, its the brick wall of p2 that is the problem these days. P3 is easy aslong as you soak debris.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    The nerf isn't big enough to cause "significantly less P1 wipes". If people wipe in P1 it's due to not meeting the dps check, or failing with marked for death during demolitions. Neither is solved with these nerfs; What this nerf does is allow you to bring more melee as they have a harder time dodging dmg in p1, if your setup requires it. It's a QOL change, not something that will significantly boost kill rates. But sure, I'll quote you on it a week from now, we're currently at 308 kills ATM, just for posterity's sake. From may 1 to 8, there was ~35 kills as of writing this post. The week before that, there was ~50 new kills, and the week before that, ~45.

I'm going to say we'll be at around 370 kills on May 15th, judging from the previous numbers and how "big" an impact the nerf will have.
    What are we betting?
    I'm betting a chocolate cookie.

P.S. before the nerfs went live, there were 305 kills of Blackhand, as per the opening post.

Deleted
    p1 isn't that hard like it was pre nerf. Remember Paragon spending majority of their 600 wipes in p1? Yeah that's not a thing anymore.

We only spent a few hours before we were able to make it to p2 consistently.

This nerf is pretty insignificant on mythic.
    Last edited by mmocbdbff9af68; 2015-05-08 at 04:57 PM.

You are delusional. P1 is simple, someone dies, wipe no sense wasting a battle rez there.

P2 is where this fight falls apart, mostly due to attrition because too many of those dipshits throwing bombs on the balcony. If Blizzard wanted to increase number of guilds killing Blackhand, that is where to look.

If they reduced health on balcony mobs, then balcony team could clean that up before being forced to jump down. Then there is less damage to raid and healers have some leeway to address those people who eat a mark, step on a bomb, get hit by siege. Currently by time you get to 3rd siege, damage has ramped up from balcony and any mistake by a raider is pretty much gg, you are dead. On top of that, those balcony asshats have a tendency to tunnel one target.

They did that, then I could see a bunch of guilds killing it in one week.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    You are delusional. P1 is simple, someone dies, wipe no sense wasting a battle rez there.

P2 is where this fight falls apart, mostly due to attrition because too many of those dipshits throwing bombs on the balcony. If Blizzard wanted to increase number of guilds killing Blackhand, that is where to look.

If they reduced health on balcony mobs, then balcony team could clean that up before being forced to jump down. Then there is less damage to raid and healers have some leeway to address those people who eat a mark, step on a bomb, get hit by siege. Currently by time you get to 3rd siege, damage has ramped up from balcony and any mistake by a raider is pretty much gg, you are dead. On top of that, those balcony asshats have a tendency to tunnel one target.

They did that, then I could see a bunch of guilds killing it in one week.
    Nerf HP by 10%, lust p2 and zerg it, fk balconies, gg ez

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...otfixes-may-7/

Previous nerfs from April 1st:

Currently there are 305 Mythic Blackhand Kills, we should be looking at 500-600 in one week's time.

HFC must be coming sooner than expected.
    300 kills in a week? P1 Blackhand is the easiest phase. Personally I thought it was a little too much damage in that phase (but we only got 20 attempts in last night so my opinion isn't really significant yet), but nerfing one part of the encounter will not miraculously lead to guilds that just reached Blackhand killing it a week later.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    AS for mythic , he had alot less nerfs total, but demolition was so powerful, that you would HAVE to bench warriors and DKS becuase they would die simply to the damage. It just allows for a more diverse comp.
    If this we're true there would be 0 boomkins on Blackhand ever, since we take far more damage than anyone else currently. Warriors and DKs are sat currently because they are not beneficial to the strat that is currently being used to learn the fight by most guilds.

Deleted
    Almost no other damage going out in P1 so yeah most death should be from demo in P1.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We only have a few deaths in P1 now, and it's almost exclusively demolition damage. With the changes they probably won't happen though. Those deaths are almost 100% mages too, or people moving too late.

This won't cause a mass increase in kills. Most of the deaths in P1 for people learning it are going to be missing CDs, moving too soon/late, getting hit with mark or their DPS being too slow. All of these things won't change the consistency of P1.

IDK about warriors but DPS DK is fine in P1. You just jump into blood presence basically.