Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

*Yawn*

Not sure what else to say other than don't be a fool and save your money.

Be sure to check out all 7 articles about how amazing and revolutionary it will be on GameSpot! : 3

Also, female character only playable for roughly 25% of the story, so keep those torches and pitchforks handy.

Deleted
    same old, same old. Nothing excited me this time.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Re-opening of silly crusade on evil sexist overlords Ubisoft in t-minus 10...9...

I like the setting, and I don't hate the franchise (just yet), but it seems to use the same engine Unity did, and things like draw distance and ingame animations look just as buggy as they were there. I hoped they would fix the engine or stick to the one they used for Black Flag/Rogue, which wasn't bad at all.

Let's hope the 'pre-alpha' thing means it's not going to launch in this state for once. Hah.

More milking, still no female lead, female playable for only a fraction of the game?

What even is this.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

They need to make an AC set in ancient Egypt!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Be sure to check out all 7 articles about how amazing and revolutionary it will be on GameSpot! : 3
    I actually count 9 articles in a row lol

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    More milking, still no female lead, female playable for only a fraction of the game?

What even is this.
    Why does this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    They need to make an AC set in ancient Egypt!
    Japan or China (I know there is chronicles: china but that is a side scroller)

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

What even is this.
    AC Liberation had a female lead, and I believe AC: China did as well (whatever that one was called).

They're clearly sticking with a "You are literally X character for the purposes of the story" storytelling method. And that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why does this matter?
    Because diversity for the sake of diversity and I can't identify with my character unless I think they share the same naughty bits as me! (spoiler: models in-game rarely actually have naughty bits down there).

AC Liberation had a female lead, and I believe AC: China did as well (whatever that one was called).
    I actually enjoyed AC: Chronicles China but I want a full fledged game with that character and setting. We won't get it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's the setting that I've been waiting for. I was really hoping this would be the one to get a female protagonist, but at least we will see partial play with one I suppose. Hopefully the PC port isn't as trash as Unity because I'm going to force myself to play this one either way to see 1800s London.

They're clearly sticking with a "You are literally X character for the purposes of the story" storytelling method. And that's fine.

Because diversity for the sake of diversity and I can't identify with my character unless I think they share the same naughty bits as me! (spoiler: models in-game rarely actually have naughty bits down there).
    Thing is the female character will probably have fixed missions like Desmond did or like how Ciri will have in the Witcher 3. People will always whine no matter what.

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/b...yer&GroupKeys=

And in a break from the trend, no multiplayer. That's actually fantastically interesting, as it's been a staple for all modern games to have a tacked on multiplayer. Especially as it's so easy to monetize.

Deleted
    Don't you just love it when the very first trailer ends with 'Pre-oder now and get an extra mission".

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was going to be an Assassin's Creed / Syndicate crossover. I am disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why does this matter?
    It doesn't.

People can complain about it if they want. I never experienced any of the bugs people talked about in Unity and I got that day 1. I'll also be getting this day 1 as well. Victorian era/Industrial Revolution is probably my favorite time period in history and I've been waiting for Ubisoft to take Assassin's Creed there.

I personally can't wait.
    Last edited by Nak; 2015-05-12 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just me who thinks the series is stale as fuck right?

I wonder how many copies each game sold, I doubt unity sold many.