Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    What does it seriously matter if the cities have few human players running around? We're all being anti-social just by playing this game, and that's what this is, a game. Garrisons are not expansion tied either, Blizzard can easily transfer your garrison to a new expansion if they want to, or to the old world, or wherever. They are here to stay though, in one form or another, I just hope I don't have to maintain two on the same character when the next expansion hits.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBComix View Post
    You're an adventurer, not a stay-at-home sort of person. That's why.

Plus garrisons offer gameplay, houses do not.
    Ummmmm... yes they do.

Many things found in the garrison are usually found in Player Housing (albeit to a smaller degree, and definetly NOT available to those without the profession!).

Not to mention most PH have additional storage space in addition to the bank, and lots and lots of customization with setting up weapon display racks and manequins with all your hard-earned gear on display.

Honestly, I think a normal Player Housing instance setup in Stormwind/Org would've taken a HELL of a lot less resources than Garrisons did to make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Superman- View Post
    Players have been asking for housing since Vanilla .
    Fixed that for you. :P

Hell, they had Player Housing stuff in WoW beta and originally "postponed" it for a future patch or expansion.

>_<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    That is blizzards fault for having nothing to do outside in the world.
    I'm a massive Player Housing proponent - and even I think the Garrisons are a little OP.

DEFINETLY I agree that there's very little to venture out into the world, but I'll also add that the OP design of the Garrison Mines/Herbs/fishing pond also remove even the BASIC reasons to go out into the world. And, to be fair, it's not the presence of the mine/herb/fishing stuff that's the problem - it's that EVERYBODY can utilize those regardless of if you have the profession or not - which was an absolutely bonkers idea. >_<

What they should've done was take a lesson from the Farm and had you have to CHOOSE weither you focus on herbs or ores as one of the viable spaces - and ONLY be accessible if you have the profession. It was lunacy to even allow them to be harvested by EVERYBODY... let alone the normal professions being able to be done by everybody too if they have said building! >_<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Then why even stay in them in the first place? What'd make people choose staying in their house of no utility and only looks, thirty seconds away from utility over hovering over your Stormwind on your mount, 10 seconds away from any and every utility,
    Because your home would be designed to have both utility and esthetics in mind?

Any MMO with Player Housing (if you ever played one that uses them) have a bunch of utility. One of the key factors was being able to set up things to be an efficient workshop. Like, setting up an anvil/forge near your storage crate/mailbox for easy processing of materials. Likewise you could set up herb gardens to grow YOUR CHOICE of herbs (can't do that in Stormwind) and all kinds of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    So only 5 or 6 people per server per city get a house? Yeah, that's not happening.
    I'd rather have a single PH instance (like your garrison) in SW/org where it's phased when you go in/out. Cuthroat alley comes to mind in SW... that's in dire need of a cleanout and use. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Fixed that for you. :P

Hell, they had Player Housing stuff in WoW beta and originally "postponed" it for a future patch or expansion.

>_<
    I only showed up in TBC (Jan 2006). I couldn't speak to the requests prior to that

oh wow.. another complaint about garrisons making the game anti-social. Lets see, chill in a major city where most only talk through trade chat anyways or chill in garrison and talk through trade chat. Major cities are used for bank/auction house and that's about it. I've seen plenty of days where I'm running around in a major city and nobody says anything to me or strikes up any activity other that dueling outside the front gate. So once again, how is this different than chilling in a garrison instead.