Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why I can't I find this on the AH?

I'm trying for a stealth trapper build, except I can't find any Superior Rune of the Trapper on the AH! Only a recipe for it. The wiki doesn't say it drops, so I'd assume that crafters would be making them because they'd be rare and go for alot, but nope!

So two questions:

Why aren't people making this, and where do I get it?

Thanks!

It's account bound, you can't trade it

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's account bound, you can't trade it
    So I have to grind countless hours of materials/spend $10 on gold to get a profession up to 400 just for a rune?

You don't have to do anything

but if you want that rune, then yes you will have to craft it

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    So I have to grind countless hours of materials/spend $10 on gold to get a profession up to 400 just for a rune?
    You can either gather the materials needed to craft to 400, spend gold to buy them or spend money to buy gems to sell for gold to buy materials. Yes that is correct. Though not sure why you want it for PvE. In PvP you can pay like 3g to unlock it for PvP use.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You can either gather the materials needed to craft to 400, spend gold to buy them or spend money to buy gems to sell for gold to buy materials. Yes that is correct. Though not sure why you want it for PvE. In PvP you can pay like 3g to unlock it for PvP use.
    How do I get it for PvP?

Sorry just checked. You can't use it in spvp only pve and wvw

and wvw
    I thought everything you could do in PvE you could do in WvW? Not being able to do it in SPvP makes sense because it's structured and competitive, but WvW is not structured, nowhere nearly as competitive, and is meant for all intensive purposes to be just PvE with players instead of monsters.

I thought everything you could do in PvE you could do in WvW? Not being able to do it in SPvP makes sense because it's structured and competitive, but WvW is not structured, nowhere nearly as competitive, and is meant for all intensive purposes to be just PvE with players instead of monsters.
    Re-read again. I said you can use it in both.

Re-read again. I said you can use it in both.
    Ah thanks.

I don't think it's going to be worth it for a trap ranger. I've never seen a trap ranger spread out his traps over time nor is there a reason too (they are pretty generic so....). In combat you are just going to get revealed whenever u do damage from a trap.

I don't think it's going to be worth it for a trap ranger. I've never seen a trap ranger spread out his traps over time nor is there a reason too (they are pretty generic so....). In combat you are just going to get revealed whenever u do damage from a trap.
    Well it's stealthy and focuses on ambushes, and is the only ranger build I could find or come up with that feels interesting or unique.

You can also get the AC bound superior runes from using the MF on rare runes. If you don't want to go to the bother of leveling the trade.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

You'll be in combat anyways, "super speed" isnt' that big of a deal, and you're not going to want something that stealths you when you're not ready to stealth and planning for it. Then you're "revealed" and all your ohshitohshitohshit buttons stop working.

Traps have some good utility in pvp (especially trip wire!), but I don't know if I'd try to build around them. There's better things to use for damage.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You can also get the AC bound superior runes from using the MF on rare runes. If you don't want to go to the bother of leveling the trade.
    Never knew this! I'll try my luck and start saving those rares now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    You'll be in combat anyways, "super speed" isnt' that big of a deal, and you're not going to want something that stealths you when you're not ready to stealth and planning for it. Then you're "revealed" and all your ohshitohshitohshit buttons stop working.

Traps have some good utility in pvp (especially trip wire!), but I don't know if I'd try to build around them. There's better things to use for damage.
    Well as I said, there really isn't any other ranger build ATM that feels great to play. I've dabbled a little in stealth and it feels fun, especially when ambushing people at the ruins in WvW. I suppose it's really just that Ranger need's a trait overhaul or something. Compared to what I've seen so far from the HoT reveals, Ranger is really lackluster. Maybe Druid will fix that, but it's a single spec.

Well as I said, there really isn't any other ranger build ATM that feels great to play. I've dabbled a little in stealth and it feels fun, especially when ambushing people at the ruins in WvW. I suppose it's really just that Ranger need's a trait overhaul or something. Compared to what I've seen so far from the HoT reveals, Ranger is really lackluster. Maybe Druid will fix that, but it's a single spec.
    Heresy! Ranger is a wonderful class and is perfect how it is! QQ

But seriously, did you watch the Ready Up livestream where they went over all the Trait changes? If you missed it Dulfy has a handy summery http://dulfy.net/2015/04/25/gw2-core...ations/#Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Heresy! Ranger is a wonderful class and is perfect how it is! QQ

But seriously, did you watch the Ready Up livestream where they went over all the Trait changes? If you missed it Dulfy has a handy summery http://dulfy.net/2015/04/25/gw2-core...ations/#Ranger
    Ty for link, reading right now

- - - Updated - - -

Not seeing much difference...

- - - Updated - - -

Found one; "most dangerous game"

While your health is below the threshold (50%) your attacks gain power.
    - - - Updated - - -

Okay now I'm seeing it; alot of traits were consolidated and new ones were added in their place.

- - - Updated - - -

They took away Hide in Plain Sight!

Ty for link, reading right now

- - - Updated - - -

Not seeing much difference...

- - - Updated - - -

Found one; "most dangerous game"

- - - Updated - - -

Okay now I'm seeing it; alot of traits were consolidated and new ones were added in their place.

- - - Updated - - -

They took away Hide in Plain Sight!
    Um. You know that that stream was talking about guardians... Right? Not rangers...

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Um. You know that that stream was talking about guardians... Right? Not rangers...
    The link is a list of all the known trait changes coming in HoT.

OT: hm... looks like with the removal of Hide in Plain sight in HoT, my stealth trapper build is dead. So much for that.

Anyone got interesting ranger builds?

Build for greatsword. Its fun.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.