Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    A 20 min video...yeah not many want to listen to someone QQ for 20 mins.

So whats your beef with how hes depicted?
    I think you just explained why you don't know the answer to your own question.

A 20 min video...yeah not many want to listen to someone QQ for 20 mins.

So whats your beef with how hes depicted?

So i have a serious question, does she actually have Superspeed in this show or is she just a dumb blonde who doesn't use it? Because there are sooo many times where if she actually used her speed it would of solved half her problems.
    It’s Superman. Putting him in the show just so you can prop Supergirl up by putting him down is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    It’s Superman. Putting him in the show just so you can prop Supergirl up by putting him down is stupid.
    She has been depicted stronger than him besides this TV series so its nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I think you just explained why you don't know the answer to your own question.
    So you want to discuss the video then and not your problems with the show, why didn't you say so? If not then you should loose the ego and answer the question and discuss the topic at hand. Unless it's your video and just advertising it to get views.

10+ Year Old Account
    She has been depicted stronger than him besides this TV series so its nothing new.
    I'd love to see an example from the comics or cartoons where Supergirl was depicted as stronger than a healthy Superman from the same universe.

So you want to discuss the video then and not your problems with the show, why didn't you say so?
    One and the same in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see an example from the comics or cartoons where Supergirl was depicted as stronger than a healthy Superman from the same universe.

One and the same in this case.
    Some version of Supergirl is immune to kryptonite. Some version of Superman is weaker because Earth upbringing has conditioned him to hold back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Some version of Supergirl is immune to kryptonite.
    Some versions of Superman were immune to kryptonite too. That's not an example of Supergirl being depicted as stronger than Superman in the way we're discussing. Truth be told, Superman has always been depicted in the comics as generally stronger than Supergirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some versions of Superman were immune to kryptonite too. That's not an example of Supergirl being depicted as stronger than Superman in the way we're discussing. Truth be told, Superman has always been depicted in the comics as generally stronger than Supergirl.
    In what way are you discussing then? It's not like the TV Supergirl is in anyway less mainstream compared to the comics.

There is still the fact that Superman is mentally conditioned to hold back due to his upbringing, while Supergirl doesn't. This was prior to the 52 relaunch too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    In what way are you discussing then?
    Supergirl has always been generally depicted as being physically inferior to Superman, particularly when it came to strength and toughness. This is primarily because she is a derivative character and it wouldn't make sense if she was more powerful than he. The only examples of when this was not the case were in situations where Superman was under the affects of something that would give her an edge over him in that department. Making her physically overpower a full-strength Superman in the finale effectively neuters him. If she'd beat him through clever use of the environment or with special knowledge, that would be fine... but that's not what happened. Now, granted, this is her show so she has to come out on top if the two are pitted against each other in the way they were, but this just wasn't the way to do it. I don't throw around the word "cuck" very much because I don't generally like name-calling, but in this case that's exactly what the show's creators have reduced the show's Superman to.

I'm stepping in the middle of the conversation there, I've watch maybe 1 or 2 episodes and initially (and still) found this serie to be more "girl" oriented. Not because of the female main character, but just because the way it was done/written. (Personal opinion).

I've watched The Flash, The Arrow, casually and not up to date the Legends of Tomorrow. This show have characters interactions, so at some point Supergirl came in (Alien Invasions episodes? and I think 1 or 2 with The Flash), and it seems better.

Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    I've watched The Flash, The Arrow, casually and not up to date the Legends of Tomorrow. This show have characters interactions, so at some point Supergirl came in (Alien Invasions episodes? and I think 1 or 2 with The Flash), and it seems better.

Is it worth it?
    Supergirl comes across really well in the crossovers because she has great chemistry with the Flash. Melissa and Grant are really fun together.

I don't know how starting the show now would feel. It changed networks and shooting locations between seasons 1 and 2 and the changes are pretty obvious and not necessarily for the better. It's a decent show though so if you like Flash and Arrow you might like it.

I'm stepping in the middle of the conversation there, I've watch maybe 1 or 2 episodes and initially (and still) found this serie to be more "girl" oriented. Not because of the female main character, but just because the way it was done/written. (Personal opinion).

Is it worth it?
    No it's not.
    It's worse than the last 3 seasons of Green Olive Oliver Arrow .
    It's worse than the last 2 seasons of IamHurryDurrinTheDumbestmanAlive.
    It's somewhere in the same galaxy of undistilled, pure, concentrated shittiness that is the homeworld for Legends of Who the Feth Cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    No it's not.
    It's worse than the last 3 seasons of Green Olive Oliver Arrow .
    It's worse than the last 2 seasons of IamHurryDurrinTheDumbestmanAlive.
    It's somewhere in the same galaxy of undistilled, pure, concentrated shittiness that is the homeworld for Legends of Who the Feth Cares.
    Bitter much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Bitter much ?
    No.

These are thine ten characters .

Supergirl just feels to me like a feelings first, superhero second kind of show. I personally rate it behind the others but i don't really care for stuff that goes the emotions route.

Would it be considered taking a dump in every Supercorp shippers cornflakes then force feeding it to them if they put Lena with James. The big fail mess of S1 James with putting him with Lena who has more chemistry with Kara than James ever did. James and Kara would never of worked because there will always be that doubt and question of would he of been into her at all if he never knew she was Supergirl with him being Supermans BFF.

How old is James anyway, because he is depicted to be around Kara's age which doesn't make sense. He was working for the Daily Planet when he took that first pic of Superman when he first revealed himself which was before Kara even landed when she was 13/14? So shouldn't he be at least 10+ years older?

Episode was good, lots of bonding between Kara and Lena this season along with Sam all three of them being adopted too. So far thou this seasons feels like a rip off of Smallville S8. Davis Bloome = Sam (new friend to the group is the big bad) Reign is her version of Doomsday. The winter finale is called Reign so thats when she will most likely first attack just like Doomsday did in S8, then the Legion shows up in the episode when it comes back next year just like it looks to be happening on Supergirl as well. Heck Morgan Edge is comparable to Tess Mercer in S8 as the mini background villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Was just thinking, with Alex being part of the x-over. It would be kinda cool if Cisco made her a suit that was an upgrade from her standard DEO gear. Anyone else think its time Kara got an update to her Supergirl suit this is S3.

I don't know about upgrading the suit, most of the other shows updates are kind of pointless to me. I wouldn't hate it if they did it, but doesn't really matter.

I'm sort of tired of the shippers. I don't want Lena/Kara, or Lena/Jimmie or Supergirl/Reign or whatever. It's too tedious. I think the Alex relationship went well enough, but otherwise every relationship has just been tedious across all the shows. Still not sure why Lena doesn't know Supergirl is Kara, but whatever, more drama for later...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Is it worth it?
    Supergirl is rilly good. You should watch it. Its usually the best of the four although all of them have their good points and better episodes.

this season has been pretty great so far. id say right now supergirl, arrow, and lot all feel like theyve hit a stride, know what kind of show theyre trying to be.

flash has been the weakest. honestly i feel like they dont know what they want flash to be yet and kinda feels like its just going through the motions. i still think its enjoyable but so far flashes arc isnt as engaging
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Was a good episode seeing the first time they truly bonded, first time Alex got cocky knowing Kara would save her. Two things i think it was missing thou, when they were talking about hanging out at the end Alex should of said something about calling it sisters night and running into Alex's friend who thanked her for what she did back then.

Loved the Smallville references, their high school was it me or was that the same building as Smallville high cause the main entrance shot looked just like it.

I'm getting really sick of this trying to make me feel sorry for Alex thing. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    The look into the past was alright. Always good to get more backstory.

And the Chloe reference... brought back some memories of feelings i had for Allison Mack in my teens.