Are people playing demonology in EU arena?

When checking out the EU 3v3 ladder I see a lot of demonology locks. Is that just their pve spec or do they have success with it there? If so, what is so different overseas that changes what specs people play?

As I understand it most are probably their pve spec but there are a very very small handful of EU locks that pvp as demo. Its just a harder spec as it relies on 3x doombolt hardcasts to try to score a kill, has a fragile pet (compared to even the weakest hunter pet lol, and has virtually no pressure outside of burs/kill windows. Also gears polar opposite to affliction pvp. I think eviaxx (sp?) ran demo/hunter/hpal up to some pretty high ratings. I'm sure there are others but can't think of their names off the top of my head. Demo 3's are about setting up epic CC chains with some cross CC so you can do your thing to land a kill. It has some appeal with the FG stun since all the hunter/melee/healer comps, god comps, turbo, etc all just mongo affliction's shaman or the lock with a never ending cycle of non DR interrupts, stuns, CC, etc you have no prayer of running from. Demo leap does buy us a bit of breathing room at times but still has the low pressure/hardasting problem then its stone easy to see the damage comng since you morph into the purple/green fairy of doom... Just not much of a thing in the US.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

Affliction relies on spread damage to the point where the healer cant keep up whereas demo is hard burst. DB x2 + 2 chaos waves, or shadowfury--> cataclysm + 2 CWs is massive burst.

As demo you pet can stun vs a spell lock (useless vs melee) and have added survivability with 250% armor in meta + leap to escape. Demo is much stronger vs the melee classes, which may be what's going on in EU having more melee? Different playstyles and different counters.

Demo is harder to play and setup, having to build up fury before you can burst + coordinate CCs, whereas afflic has full potential to start.