Disc T17 Question

Hi Guys,

I have always perved a bit on MMO champ but this is the first time I've posted. Usually get a bit of an idea from people and roll my own way.

One thing I've noticed checking out a few high end Disc Priests armory is that some are not running 4 piece but only 2 piece. I can see it's viability as we can drop a piece of set gear to gain one with mastery and to me is the loss of the PoH buff a big deal?

I mean I suppose I could just try it myself but I'm liking this idea and was wondering if anyone else was doing it and could not find any talk around the discussion. I do like using PoH after archangel but is it doing enough for me?

Whats your thoughts?

Cheers

There are about 10 different threads that have basically drove this topic in to the ground, I suggest browsing around a bit and then if you still have some questions, post an update.

ah cheers man, couldn't find any anywhere

the reason most disc priests dont use the 4pc is becouse the ammount of mastery you loose is not worth the detrimental bonus we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatao View Post
    the reason most disc priests dont use the 4pc is becouse the ammount of mastery you loose is not worth the detrimental bonus we get.
    You don't lose a lot of mastery or none at all if you do it right. Which, judging from your statement, you don't.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You don't lose a lot of mastery or none at all if you do it right. Which, judging from your statement, you don't.
    Only two of the 5 pieces of Soul Priest Regalia have mastery on them. Please, o' sage, o' Maharaja, enlighten us on the 'correct' way to wear four tier pieces without giving up mastery in your head, shoulder, and glove slot.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Only two of the 5 pieces of Soul Priest Regalia have mastery on them. Please, o' sage, o' Maharaja, enlighten us on the 'correct' way to wear four tier pieces without giving up mastery in your head, shoulder, and glove slot.
    Hint: Mastery helms only drop from BH(signalling that progression is over and that gear is meaningless) and caches(which means you won the jackpot, but is still meaningless in the bigger picture), and there are no mastery shoulders that are 700.

Sigh, people don't use their heads way enough.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-05-17 at 08:12 AM. Reason: forgot that offsets can drop from caches
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Gear is meaningless, of course. That's why as soon as you off Blackhand, you unsub immediately and then enter the next tier with whatever you've got instead of trying to assemble a BIS set to aid progression in the next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Gear is meaningless, of course. That's why as soon as you off Blackhand, you unsub immediately and then enter the next tier with whatever you've got instead of trying to assemble a BIS set to aid progression in the next tier.
    Right, so nitpick certain facets of my reply instead of focusing on the bigger picture - 4pc is BiS even if you decide to factor BH into your BiS list.

davesignal's cherry-picking leveled up to 2!

^ keep it up, might max someday.

The reason why many not use it, is because most of the time you are not PoHing when the 4set buff is up. And saving up your archangel is not really good either. I think there's also some more value in it when you are in very early progression or your other healers aren't 2 great.

Quote Originally Posted by Talhooo View Post
    The reason why many not use it, is because most of the time you are not PoHing when the 4set buff is up. And saving up your archangel is not really good either. I think there's also some more value in it when you are in very early progression or your other healers aren't 2 great.
    Even if you only use PoH during the buff 1 out of every 5 Archangels(since its 6 seconds buff out of 30 second cd archangel), it is still better than having the offset helm even when artificially suppressing the stat weight of spirit to be less than half of mastery.

Yes, it's seriously that underrated.

Not denying that, I'm just explaining why people don't think it's a big deal. 1 outta 5 only converts to 90 spirit ? One WF item probably outshines that already.

I myself think it's BiS, and I wanted to get it at a certain point.

But I changed my mind, and me personally I rather let my guildies fish for WF or a socket than getting my 4set. And instead I can pick up the WF/socket gear in tier slots. Maybe when everyone has a socket or WF in the slot I'll pick it up.

Not denying that, I'm just explaining why people don't think it's a big deal. 1 outta 5 only converts to 90 spirit ? One WF item probably outshines that already.
    Probably, but that's only in the case of offset helm WF versus tier helm non-WF, which is kind of a skewed/unfair comparison.

In that example, mastery was 0.6x and spirit was 0.3 as well, so if you value spirit higher than I did in my example(my personal spirit weight was 0.6), the gap would be bigger.

I myself think it's BiS, and I wanted to get it at a certain point.

But I changed my mind, and me personally I rather let my guildies fish for WF or a socket than getting my 4set. And instead I can pick up the WF/socket gear in tier slots. Maybe when everyone has a socket or WF in the slot I'll pick it up.
    Yeah, it's more a luxury than anything, even moreso than dps trying to game for that extra WF/socket, so it's what I usually coin rather than nudge the loot council to give to me. At this point where I am sitting on BiS on most pieces and at least Mythic base on all slots, it is the only useful thing I can do with coins anyway.

Well, the ilvl boost they did to BRF gear is mostly why some priest are wearing the 4 set.. the shoulders from mythic Butcher and helm from mythic Kargath suddenly were no longer BiS (except for Blackhand helm) due to the intellect.

it's really not because the 4 set is useful. Somebody who designed this at Blizzard probably thought we'd want to give Spirit Shell a try... and failed.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, the ilvl boost they did to BRF gear is mostly why some priest are wearing the 4 set.. the shoulders from mythic Butcher and helm from mythic Kargath suddenly were no longer BiS (except for Blackhand helm) due to the intellect.

it's really not because the 4 set is useful. Somebody who designed this at Blizzard probably thought we'd want to give Spirit Shell a try... and failed.
    I treat 4 set as just part of the stat stick rather than something gamebreaking. You should too.

Deleted
    I dropped my 685 4pc in favor of two 700 pieces. I don't remember the last time i went oom during a fight. So that 4pc bonus is kinda worthless to me.