Page 1 of 2
LastLast

which specc has the most cyclical rotation?

I'm fed up with this priority system bullsh*t

Maybe affliction warlocks..

Seconding that. Affliction is pretty much the only spec I can think of whose proc is "continue to have resources" rather than "push button now!" And that's mostly if you just don't play Soulburn: Haunt. You could technically say Demonology as well but that's not a ship you want to be stepping on before the 6.2 obituary comes out.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Why would you want a boring rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Why would you want a boring rotation?
    I want to play proactive, not reactive. That's just how my brain is wired. If that's boring to you so be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would like to know this too, its hard watching those little buffs in the top right corner when im trying to click my spells at the bottom left corner...this is why i heal =)

Assassination is reasonably rhythmic.

Fury warrior is near that stage. Proc for raging blow, proc for blood surge(free wild strike), proc for free execute (talent, but the best one to use), dump rage on wild strike above 20% and execute below 20%. Use berserker rage if bloodthirst doesn't enrage you.

There is a lot of procing going on to the rotation and it relies heavily on procs to really pump out the dps. That said, you can end up doing crap for dps if you dont get the procs or be doing god level dps if you get all of the procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Shadow priest with Clarity of Power. It's the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Fury warrior is near that stage. Proc for raging blow, proc for blood surge(free wild strike), proc for free execute (talent, but the best one to use), dump rage on wild strike above 20% and execute below 20%. Use berserker rage if bloodthirst doesn't enrage you.

There is a lot of procing going on to the rotation and it relies heavily on procs to really pump out the dps. That said, you can end up doing crap for dps if you dont get the procs or be doing god level dps if you get all of the procs.
    Fury is the exact opposite of what OP was asking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to be Hunters, cause they had clear rotations they kept for weaving in Steady Shots between their other spells. Not sure how much of that playstyle is left, not played a Hunter in more then a dungeon since forever. I'd think some of it must be left given that they have focus limitations that they need to help supplement with filler shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Fury is the exact opposite of what OP was asking about.
    Really?
    Guess I must have mis-read the definition of cyclical. "shrug"
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Really?
    Guess I must have mis-read the definition of cyclical. "shrug"
    fury is proc based and reactive. OP wants something like Paladin's 969 back in Wrath.

Deleted
    Shadow Priest - Clarity of Power.

It's our best single target spec but out-shined by auspicious spirits for multi target fights. (Not by much to be honest)

But it is an actual rotation, and as far as I'm aware the only one left.

Giving it a bit of thought, shadow priest in general really isn't that reactive. It's all super predictable; but Clarity of Power is a set rotation.
    Last edited by mmoc8e9f459ca5; 2015-05-17 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy DK is fairly cyclical. Diseeases, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS. Throw abomination in there on occasion and death coil and done.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Unholy DK is fairly cyclical. Diseeases, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS, SS FS FS. Throw abomination in there on occasion and death coil and done.
    Was literally about to say this, everything is set (resources wise) except trinket procs and Death Coil procs from autoattack. Since it's a resource management spec the only thing that throws a wrench into the works in the slightest is the proc where you sometimes get a free Death Coil.

About as rotational as you're going to get.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Was literally about to say this, everything is set (resources wise) except trinket procs and Death Coil procs from autoattack. Since it's a resource management spec the only thing that throws a wrench into the works in the slightest is the proc where you sometimes get a free Death Coil.

About as rotational as you're going to get.
    Nope, CoP shadow priest has it beat.

No procs, just straight rotation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Assassination rogue is very straightforward, only 1 proc.

Affliction

Keep all DoTs up. Keep Haunt up. Drain Soul.

/sleep

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Nope, CoP shadow priest has it beat.

No procs, just straight rotation.
    Yeah but CoP is suboptimal for several fights while Unholy is optimal for every fight, and AS can be very random at times :P
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.