Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would stop blaming the PC and work on the signal quality to the home. Check wiring and maybe even disconnect phones, answering machines, and etc. Something else is causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I would stop blaming the PC and work on the signal quality to the home. Check wiring and maybe even disconnect phones, answering machines, and etc. Something else is causing the problem.
    We don't have a phone connected to the line. I've had the signal strength tested by telstra. And, the most important thing, I have a second computer that I can hook up and it runs just fine. In other words, the line is fine.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    We don't have a phone connected to the line. I've had the signal strength tested by telstra. And, the most important thing, I have a second computer that I can hook up and it runs just fine. In other words, the line is fine.
    How did they test the signal? Through the modem or did they come to your home? I swear I've asked this question before. Modem lights turn red and you lose connection for a couple of minutes until it resets itself, right? Modems don't do that unless they lose connection. Quck Google shows that get a technician to test the line, especially when it drops. You can reproduce the problem on demand right? Get a technician to your home and start up WoW and show it disconnect.

I had a similar issue once. WoW would cause my dsl to drop. Embarq(which is now CenturyLink) had to switch the port my phone line was connected to at the box. All the signals were fine, the only fixed it once I got corporate involved.

It would make sense if all computers did it, the fact that it's just one is why we don't think it's the line.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Try unticking the "optimize connection for speed" or something similar at WoW. This option tends to send a lot of small packets and sometimes your upload band isn't enough.

Okay, bit of an update. I'm still not having any luck with with my issue. I've taken the computer to a tech who says everything is fine. I've also had two telstra techs out here over the course of two days this past week trying to find the issue, they ran a new line from outside and still the issue continues. They changed ports at the exchange and that did nothing, they were both scratching their heads. I'm still not convinced it isn't my system though. I was able to log in for a few minutes without being disconnected and with my settings on ultra my fps was 22, THAT'S HORRID. Any more ideas?

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

10+ Year Old Account
    ehh...for lack of better options....two things.

NIC Driver and the NIC itself (or if using onboard consider getting a PCI-E nic they are like 10-15$).

system specs

Cooler Master Hyper 212X CPU Cooler
    Intel Core i5 4690K Quad Core LGA 1150 3.5GHz Unlocked CPU Processor
    MSI GeForce GTX 760 OC Twin Frozr 4GB Video Card
    Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" SATA III SSD HBC-MX100D1-256
    Western Digital WD10EZEX WD 1TB Blue 3.5” 7200RPM SATA3 Hard Drive
    G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz Desktop Memory F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL
    ASRock Z97 Pro4 Intel LGA 1150 ATX Motherboard
    LG 24x Internal SATA OEM DVD Burner Drive GH24NSB0
    Antec 620W High Current Gamer Power Supply (HCG-620)

- - - Updated - - -

I've checked and rechecked to make sure the drivers are up do date.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

chances are your internet bandwidth just sucks

I used to have internet service when everytime i'd go to dalaran during wotlk, i'd have a hard time loading in and just disconnect all the time

Browsing was fine for me as well. Could just be your internet speed

Yeah, not only did I purchase a new router, but telstra tried another router the same make/model as my old one, and have now givin me a brand spanking new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lunaru View Post
    chances are your internet bandwidth just sucks

I used to have internet service when everytime i'd go to dalaran during wotlk, i'd have a hard time loading in and just disconnect
    While my bandwidth is terrible, It still downloads at around 4mbs most days. This is a problem that slowly got worse until it was a problem all the time.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

10+ Year Old Account
    Try these ideas and see what happens. Firstly try the TCPAckFrequency trick.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578595314

Try updating your Lan drivers. That board has Intel I218V, so go here and choose what OS you use and download the latest drivers.

If all that fails then try a usb wifi adapter. This is to rule out there's a compatibility issue between your Intel network adapter and the router you have. If the wifi doesn't cause a connection loss then there's a compatibility issue between the two devices. This one is AU $14.50 and from Sydney so fairly cheap way to test this theory out. If it works you can just continue to use it until you get another brand router or buy a switch to and put it between the two as a way to prevent this problem.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150M-Wire...item25949a3814
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2015-08-09 at 02:49 PM.

Just an update for those that have been following this and giving me suggestions. I sent my power supply back to the supplier to test it, they deemed it faulty and replaced it. I installed it last night when I got home from work and have had zero problems. My fps has gone back up and I've had no disconnects. So if ever having an issue similar to mine, check the psu first and you might save yourself some headaches =D

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry