Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Raymond E. Feist has created a massive universe (two in fact, that are interconnected) Start with Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master

Putting in another recommendation for Dragonlance. It got me started with my interest in Fantasy.

One of my favorites is The Doom Brigade. http://amzn.com/0786907851

I haven't read it in like 15 years and was going to re-read it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Raymond E. Feist has created a massive universe (two in fact, that are interconnected) Start with Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master
    I'll second this suggestion if it's a massive universe/lore you are looking for. feist just finished up the series a couple years back at 30 books long. some parts of the series are better than others but I'd rank certain books like the Empire trilogy and the Serpentwar Saga up there with the best books I've ever read.

I'm looking for something new to read too, tried dragonlance a long time ago but never really got into it. Malazon I've seen suggested sounds promising

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Feist had a good first book (Magician). After that he went down hill and his last everything is just mailing it in.

Technically, all of Brandon Sanderson's 'adult' books are connected in the same Universe. Not sure about the 'teen' books he is writing now...
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Feist had a good first book (Magician). After that he went down hill and his last everything is just mailing it in.

Technically, all of Brandon Sanderson's 'adult' books are connected in the same Universe. Not sure about the 'teen' books he is writing now...
    Feist had more great books than just the first one. granted they went down substantially after Serpentwar but all of the core storyline books up the that point and the Empire trilogy were great imo.

Sanderson's books are spread out over like 9 different universes, and none have more than 4 books in the same universe.

LOTR is the best. Ruins every other fantasy book for me especially after you read The Silmarillion in how the Tolkien mythos relates to his stories. All other fantasy stories just seem like corny imitations for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    Feist had more great books than just the first one. granted they went down substantially after Serpentwar but all of the core storyline books up the that point and the Empire trilogy were great imo.
    I'll give you the empire Trilogy, and maybe, MAYBE the first 3 books of the Serpentwar. That fourth book ruined it for me though. With Roo and Erik.
    Sanderson's books are spread out over like 9 different universes, and none have more than 4 books in the same universe.
    Please don't try and correct me when you don't know what you are talking about
    {SIGNIFICANT SPOILERS FOR BRANDON SANDERSON BOOKS} -> http://stormlightarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmere
    (There is actually significant cross over for one person that is in ALL of Sanderson's books in the 'Cosmere', and some other cross-overs here and there.)

edit: For instance, if you read Way of Kings (book 2 of Stormlight) you should see two 'characters' from Warbreaker in addition to the one who is in all of them.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2015-05-19 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    The necroscope saga

Dune - But it seems to be cursed so may never happen

The Foundation series - Think that is being worked on

Eragon - But they ruined that already, a reboot might be in order.

The Saxon Chronicles

The adventures of Alex Morningstar (Danish book series)

The Silmarillion

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    LOTR is the best. Ruins every other fantasy book for me especially after you read The Silmarillion in how the Tolkien mythos relates to his stories. All other fantasy stories just seem like corny imitations for me.
    Hardly, especially if you know your old celtic and scandinavian myths and legends, then LOTR seems like a corny imitation of those honestly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Please don't try and correct me when you don't know what you are talking about
    {SIGNIFICANT SPOILERS FOR BRANDON SANDERSON BOOKS} -> http://stormlightarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmere
    (There is actually significant cross over for one person that is in ALL of Sanderson's books in the 'Cosmere', and some other cross-overs here and there.)

edit: For instance, if you read Way of Kings (book 2 of Stormlight) you should see two 'characters' from Warbreaker in addition to the one who is in all of them.
    I stand corrected. It's been a while since I read Mistborn, Warbreaker, and Elantris and the references were apparently very subtle in those. I just finished Words of Radiance a couple weeks ago and never picked up on signifigance of that character, I just assumed they were setting up something for later books. I'm going to have to go back and reread all of those now that I know this.

That being said all of the different series COULD be independent, for the moment at least they are about as connected as Stan Lee cameos in Marvel movies.

Has noone mentioned Belgariad/Mallorean ? (David Eddings)

And yeah, Feist's Empire trilogy... Its a shame the sagas that started the setting kinda fell apart after a point. I enjoyed seeing a new angle to it, and how 'cliched' cultures can be adapted to alien worlds in new & exciting ways.