Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toclafane View Post
    Hi. "Tourist mode" LFR raider here. Former raider of Sunwell and in a top 200 guild back in TBC, clearer of Ulduar heroics back when it was relevant, proud owner of an Immortal title that is no longer available, killer of Lady Sinestra and heroic Al'Akir back when those were relevant, wife, and very busy mom. I have no problems getting gold, thanks, nor do I believe LFR is too difficult. No, I don't believe LFR should grant gear that is comparable to mythic or even heroic from the previous tier, though I disagree that it shouldn't be used for "catch-up" gear. I think there's still great potential there. I also don't think I'm entitled to tier gear if I choose to only raid LFR. But I think your idea as to who exactly is running LFR isn't as much reality as you think it is.

Could I run normal or heroic or even mythic? Yep, and I have an open invitation should I choose to do so. I just don't choose to do so because I'm frankly burned out on progression raiding since Cata, and the current crop of tier gear hasn't been something I've considered worth getting, so there's no incentive for me to run it. Why not use LFG and raid normal instead? Because I simply just don't feel motivated to do so. End of. Do I think I deserve something special for that? Nope. Do I think the content is too hard? Please... Pre-nerf Mimiron trash was hard.
    +1 Excellent post.

I used to be in a progressive raiding guild from Vanilla to Cata. I dislike the assumption that i'm bad / lazy / stupid because i run LFR and cant commit to a heavy raid schedule now because, you know - life.
    Sure there are idiots in LFR we all know that but there is a huge mix of people in them. Don't judge everyone the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geez, I'm super glad that script didn't make it to production. It reads like a bad fanfic. Leeroy Jenkins was a funny part of WoW's history, where it/he should remain. As with this script snippet, the UBRS encounter is utterly cringeworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

I really don't see why people hate on LFR so much. LFR is just good as it is, it's there for people wanting a quick raid run. Grab some cash, get legendary stones/runes, gear up an alt easily and fast (a low effort way to get/keep an alt geared without any loot rule shenanigans and stuff).
    LFR doesn't need to be hard, it's perfect where it is.

On the other hand; I also don't get why some feel outraged they removed tier gear. I think the change to remove tier gear from LFR is a really good one. Tier gear is a reward for a certain kind of effort. For most people it's often the showcase reward for their effort in clearing a raid. LFR does not involve any kind of effort (hell most of the time 3-4 players are AFK and on follow), and should not be rewarded with this kind of gear.

LFR is fine to keep up with current content. Call it tourist mode, call it an easy way to catch up (do a few LFR runs and you're overqualified for normal runs), whatever. But it's fine the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have laughed my ass off if that had actually made it into the move.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWeather View Post
    Would gladly do normal difficulty if it had LFR rules -- fixed minimum ilvl and mandatory personal loot.
    This right here is a good idea. Remove the cancer of LFR and replace it with easy pugs that have no drama loot rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    So we help Iskar ressurrect Terrok (which was a success btw, only defeated by one of the Iron Horde people that Gul'dan is a member of) and he joins the Iron Horde? What's the rationale behind this?

We successfully brought the shade of Terokk back, and it was placed in us; the player; the outsider.

His entire life was devoted to the truth and reclaiming his people and what not, and then Reshad goes and gives their king's power to some random from another universe that showed up somewhere between hours and months prior.

Go talk to him in Veil Terokk in Spires after completing the questline. He isnt a happy chappy that the power was given to an outsider. This is again referenced in the short story that was released a few weeks back.

He has gone rogue, unhappy that the king he fought to restore the name of has been turned into a buff for an alien.

Sort of a hypocrite really. Or perhaps he was just as power hungry as his clutchsister was, he is just willing to sell his people into slavery rather than cover up their history.

no news are better than fake news!

the posting of this fake script is a fat fail..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post

How is it a fake you pebble?

Deleted
    hmm How is the fake ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    How is it a fake you pebble?
    Some people can't handle the truth. It was even linked to the source...

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    We successfully brought the shade of Terokk back, and it was placed in us; the player; the outsider.

His entire life was devoted to the truth and reclaiming his people and what not, and then Reshad goes and gives their king's power to some random from another universe that showed up somewhere between hours and months prior.

Go talk to him in Veil Terokk in Spires after completing the questline. He isnt a happy chappy that the power was given to an outsider. This is again referenced in the short story that was released a few weeks back.

He has gone rogue, unhappy that the king he fought to restore the name of has been turned into a buff for an alien.

Sort of a hypocrite really. Or perhaps he was just as power hungry as his clutchsister was, he is just willing to sell his people into slavery rather than cover up their history.
    I got a different vibe from the short story that led me to a different conclusion as to the reasoning behind his fall.

To me, from the story, it seemed a culmination of many events that started long before he was cast out. Punished beyond reason for his only friends actions. His only friend abandoning him, turning on him, and watching him suffer as he's mutilated and cast out for trying to do the right thing. And having to watch as she sets his new world on fire, and then we go and kill her. THEN finally the events you describe.

I think he's finally just done with everyone and everything. The bitterness overflows. Middle fingers all around as he joins the Burning Legion.

Makes more sense than just power hungry to me at least.

Whitta is a terrible writer. The fact that he keeps on getting pay checks is testament to Hollywood's desperate state. On the other hand, Warcraft was always very thin on story and good dialogue, so his 'skills' might fit the bill just nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    Whitta is a terrible writer. The fact that he keeps on getting pay checks is testament to Hollywood's desperate state. On the other hand, Warcraft was always very thin on story and good dialogue, so his 'skills' might fit the bill just nicely.
    Yep. He even got replaced on the Star Wars movie he someone fluked landing. Wouldn't worry too much about it regarding the WoW film. Totally different tone will be used now. Remember Sam Raimi had a totally different visual style too. This film will be VERY different.

Quote Originally Posted by rylo View Post
    hmm How is the fake ?
    Well if I recall correctly the plot of the movie is supposed to happen during the orcish Invasion long before Warcraft 3. So how come Theramore could be in the movie??

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post

"It looks like Leeroy Jenkins was in the script for the previous version of the Warcraft movie that Gary Whitta was involved in."
    "Leeroy Jenkins was actually in my original draft of the Warcraft movie."

Previous version. Original draft.

This is real news. It is not the current script and Gary Whitta is not the current director. There have been several scripts and a couple directors between Whitta and today, just to give you perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    What's hilarious is the very first post after this one made the same mistake.
    Which in no way obviates my point.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Monketron View Post
    Yep. He even got replaced on the Star Wars movie he someone fluked landing. Wouldn't worry too much about it regarding the WoW film. Totally different tone will be used now. Remember Sam Raimi had a totally different visual style too. This film will be VERY different.
    Yep, it's definitely campy in it's own way.

Deleted
    Hey I just subscribed after 10 years of wow experience or so, I wish not to irittate someone by posting a link or bypass any forum rules.
    I am curious if this kind of short-scene animation post regarding leeroy is found or used to be found in game.
    It seems to really ring a bell of an in game content.
    Some info?
    thanks in advance for your time

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanos, so you are saying that you don't know leroy jenkins story? Youtube it

Deleted
    That's not even close to what I was questioning in my post,
    animation of that short-scene (post), call it a story if you may, it really seems to ring a bell of an in game content,
    like a quest or some other similar to it codex.
    But not leeroy him self, in UBRS.
    The 2minute story posted, it really rings a bell from some in game experience.