Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Well I hadn't heard that, but I'd still be willing to bet that things like Varian's mom still have broad strokes applied to our universe as well.
    Oh, I'm sure there'll be some broad strokes things that'll get carried over, especially with regards to things that were never fleshed out in the lore, but as a general rule it won't be canon.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    These are easy to respond:
    Apexis are counting grass with mok'nathal.
    Cho'galls master is probably lord dropped plot.
    Wrathion is in the place where kargath was supposed to go before he got axed from further plot.
    Ephials master will probably either never be mentioned again, or its just opening for next expansion.
    Lore relating to the Apexis was discovered on this Draenor, not on our Outland, so the "counting blades of grass" argument is void as the Apexis flying away happened on this Draenor as well.
    Cho'gall has a master, and the lore and plot is there - there's a difference between dropped and not continued yet.
    Where did you receive this info about Wrathion's whereabouts? If there's something more than Admiral Taylor's journal that'd be very interesting indeed.
    Ephial's master is also, like Cho'gall's, in existence, and so it is doubtful they just introduced that but of lore for no reason whatsoever.

Sorry to burst your bubble OP, you must of not been paying attention, but 6.2 is most likely the last major content patch in WoD besides a intro patch like they do at the end of every xpac. Don't expect WoD to last through this December IMO. The sooner they can get the f away from WoD and release a new and better xpac the better it will be for them and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Caruktna View Post

So... why not the case with WoW? Its a good way to introduce the game to more people, by movies, and people would like to see those characters. Then, why not AU Azeroth! (We could finally see a Lodraeron managed by the alliance too)
    What is the point in going there? We don't need to. Nothing we do in AU Azeroth will have any impact on us. Draenor is hardly anything to do with us. I don't want to continue to police some meaningless alternate universe.

And 6.4? The Only threat we had, the iron horde, is done for. What remained was taken by gul'dan. We are killing the burning legion that is going to draenor, a stupid plot to bring into draenor imo.

I sincerely hope that what ever "second part" to WoD is along the lines of the burning legion hitting Our world as Wrathion reveals his intentions all along and how his plans for a infinite number of "iron hordes" to fight them off is now ruined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luigisp View Post
    Lore relating to the Apexis was discovered on this Draenor, not on our Outland, so the "counting blades of grass" argument is void as the Apexis flying away happened on this Draenor as well.
    Cho'gall has a master, and the lore and plot is there - there's a difference between dropped and not continued yet.
    Where did you receive this info about Wrathion's whereabouts? If there's something more than Admiral Taylor's journal that'd be very interesting indeed.
    Ephial's master is also, like Cho'gall's, in existence, and so it is doubtful they just introduced that but of lore for no reason whatsoever.
    You act as if lore plot holes matter to Blizzard. Hint: they don't. They will abandon an entire zones plot and bury it deep in the ground. They don't care about lore in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    AU Azeroth could look entirely different now from ours
    But there is no way to get there!? The Portal is broken..

Nope. 6.2 Literally concludes all possible plots started by WoD. It's ogre now. And traveling for one zone-sized AU azeroth would be just underwhelming.
    First off I want to start by saying SEIGAAAAAA <3

Secondly, we're not sure that 6.2 concludes anything. Final boss is Archimonde, leaves a lot of open ground. Once the encryption is gone for Archimonde for the sound and text we'll be more certain of whats going to happen next. Right now it could be as simple as Gul'dan gets away and we have find a way to actually get to Farahlon. We currently have no idea if this is over or where the story is going to take us. In the Archimonde fight we get help from Khadgar, Yrel(even as Horde), and shockingly Grom. Gul'dan is going to get away 90% certain of that. The question is will we chase him during this expansion or the next.

Yeah 6.2 was announced to be the end already at the beginning of WoD, 6 month patch cycle, 2 major patches.

If you're thinking from the movie point of view. I think WoD already filled it's point and why this expansion even existed.
    To introduce the forthcoming movie characters to a LOT of new and younger players who've never played Warcraft 1-3 but have merely started at WoW. Or even more so to the millions of players who've never read quest texts, never actually even done all the quests in the game, visited multiple graves, read books etc.
    I think the means were merely to _introduce_ the old characters, currently in-game deceased characters, nothing more.

Story as it has gone with WoD has nothing to do with the story of the movie as it already is a story from alternative universe even in the game.
    Movie probably has it's own story or alternative movie universe, which imo is bullshit. But well WoD already went to this alternative universe bullshit in WoW.
    But that's just me personally, i don't like multiple time lines and universes. It's really hard to follow and gets confusing really fast.
    History is history and as for Azeroth it has plenty of interesting parts to fill a movie. But as the number of writers grow there's bound to be different views and perspectives shown than what the original story was.

I will be shocked if the end of WoD is anything else than what i predicted amongst many others.
    The final evil wasn't Grom, it was a demon. We just didn't know who, now we know it's Archimonde, again.
    This speaks only about that the Legion is coming.
    Gul'dan escapes with a 99% certainty to be the main villain for the pre 7.0 patch and 7.0.5, when he will be destroyed, not by us players but by the game.
    Iron Horde is done. Whether we get help from Grom, remains to be seen. But it was highly likely even from the beginning that this would be the case.
    Legion will temporarily take setback, this only depends if Archimonde 3.0 will be coming with Sargeras in 10.4 or whatever, but the Legion will be relentless and stopping them in Draenor won't prevent what's about to happen.
    Wrathion is on a vacation, has been since MoP, he's got no interest in Draenor. Once we are back in Azeroth we'll see him again.
    For Draenor ogres i think 6.0 was all there's ever going to be. Cho'gall is done, his master.. This is something older than the Legion, something primal, prior to WoD old gods have been hinted. I would assume that's where we ougth to look, same thing with Ephial, even though he was just one side quest line.
    Right now i see two ways, either when the "killing blow" to Archimonde has been dealt, some guy probably Khadgar will be like "Hey look a black portal to unkown place! Don't look! All jump in now!" and we end up in Argus knee deep in demon poop or something like that or we use to alternative methods (confirmed by Blizzard tweet) to get back to our time line Azeroth with Gul'dan ahead of us meeting his doom in the tomb of Sargeras, regardless if Azshara or South seas is the next expac. If we return they out to to "normalize" the timeline and that's Gul'dan's fate in the normal time line so why would it be anything different now. So far only thing that's changed in his plan was the name of the orc he got to drink the demon blood.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2015-05-19 at 09:38 AM.

6.2 is The last content patch of WoD. All warlords are dead except Grommash who realized what happened and have the same intention as Khadgar, Yrel and Durotan - stop The Burning Legion and kill the Gul´dan. So Gul´dan will be used like Garrosh in 5.4 - the character who will start the next expansion. It could be Argus, it could be our Azeroth... we will see in ending cinematic after Archimonde dead. Yes .. the ending cinematic.... Method guild killed Archimonde during PTR testing... after his dead there is a "PH - place holder" cinematic from WoTLK. from ICC. So then... 6.2 is the last patch. Iron Horde is defeated, Archimonde, one of the biggest threat of the WoD expansion..... expansion name is WARLORDS of Draenor. So it´s about Warlords on Draenor. Only 2 warlords remained. Durotan and Grommash.... 2 friendly orcs. And Gul´dan who will create the plot of the next expansion.

Recap:
    Gorgrond - Blackhand is dead, Foundry falled.
    Talador - Burning legion is pushed, Shattrath is in Draenei´s hand after death of Socrethar (not ingame but we did apexis daily there million times so Burning Legion is defeated... interior of Shattrath was never conquered by the Burning Legion because doors was closed and there is a Draenei protection bubble around the building.
    Nagrand - Garrosh is defeated, Highmaul ogres are dead, Chogal is dead.
    Shadowmoon Valley - Nerzhul is dead and Iron Horde is completely pushed back from Karabor.
    Tanaan Jungle - Fel Horde is defeated and Archimonde, the biggest threat of Draenor, too.

The only character remaining is Gul´dan. His master, Archimonde, is dead so he don´t know what to do now. I think that in ending cinematic, there will be fight between Khadgar and Gul´dan and Gul´dan will escape... somewhere ... plot of the next expansion.
    Last edited by Draculla; 2015-05-19 at 09:06 AM.

Deleted
    Nope. 6.2 Literally concludes all possible plots started by WoD. It's ogre now. And traveling for one zone-sized AU azeroth would be just underwhelming.
    What? So how does Guldan's story "conclude" ?

Deleted
    Okay so they did a remake of Gruul, Mannaroth is incoming, where is the Lady Vash'jr!

Quote Originally Posted by luigisp View Post
    Considering they dropped the whole Throne of the Tides storyline mid expansion, I'm sure they're OK leaving a few minor subplots open in Warlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    This expansion has nothing to do with the movie, the movie is not about this expansion this is about the the first war the orc invading and so forth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Considering they dropped the whole Throne of the Tides storyline mid expansion, I'm sure they're OK leaving a few minor subplots open in Warlords.
    Warlords of Draenor in its entirety shows that Blizzard is okay with inconsistent plots and a lack of overall quality.

6.2 is the last patch. I don't know why people are having such a hard time with this. I'd rather they stop desecrating on the memories of Outland asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatari View Post
    Okay so they did a remake of Gruul, Mannaroth is incoming, where is the Lady Vash'jr!
    What? Why would Lady Vashj be in WoD? Shed be in AU Azeroth still.

Deleted
    If Gul'dan isn't killed in 6.2 he could be the end boss in 6.3 and 6.4 would be the pre-expansion patch for 7.0 whatever that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    If Gul'dan isn't killed in 6.2 he could be the end boss in 6.3 and 6.4 would be the pre-expansion patch for 7.0 whatever that is.
    If Gul'dan escapes I think its far more likely he will be a major antagonist for much if not all of the next expansion, rather than a 6.3/6.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They already said WoD is a two part expansion months ago. Those questions will probably be answered in the second part of 'WoD'.

And I'm pretty sure Cho'gall's master is Archimonde. It's a dark black void and he gets summoned via a black gate.
    If this is true, this game is fucking dead to me. Why would anyone want a continuation of such a shitty expansion. We need to go back to our Azeroth, enough of this AU bullshit. It's extremely lazy and unnecessary when we have so many stories that have been left unfinished back in Azeroth. I've had my fill of Orcs. It's been nothing but orcs since late Cataclysm with Jesus Thrall, then Mists which should be renamed Orcs in Pandaria. Fuckers trashed the place. I really wish they hadn't wrecked the Valle of Eternal Blossoms. One of the nicest looking areas in WoW. Now we have WoD, which I was semi-excited for because of all the old lore characters.

Except as expected of Blizzard, they completely shit on their own lore and have killed almost all of them without any proper development. I mean have people already forgotten how fucking pathetic Orgrim's death was. I mean holy shit, I thought it was some kind of joke at first. Then there's Ner'zul who a lot of people still don't know is the soul that is bound to the Lich King's armor and essentially the source of the plague. Something I'm pretty sure wasn't even mentioned in WoD. Which I felt would have added a WOW factor for a lot of people that aren't too familiar with the lore. Finally, Kargath......After all the hype with his little "Warlord" video. He gets crapped on and killed off as the first fucking boss in the first raid, hilarious.. I'm sure Kilrog will be killed in some quest chain or some mid raid boss. Gul'dan seems to be saved for the next expansion. The only saving grace would be if Grommash is redeemed and joins the Horde. Actually, it would be pretty amazing if WoD ends with the same sacrifice scene from Warcraft 3. Except this time it's Thrall who saves Grommash. Not going to happen I know, Metzen's avatar isn't going to go away. Would definitely make for a good plot twist. Also, they should kick that smelly troll from the Warchief chair and place an actual orc on it. Fucking disgusting that I have to accept quest from "Warchief Vol'jin." I would have taken Warchief Millhouse over Vol'jin.

Sigh, I don't even know why I bother. Lore issues aside, there is so much wrong with this terribad expansion. The quicker we leave Draenor the better. Let's hope next expac is a Naga/Nzoth invasion in Azeroth.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    First off I want to start by saying SEIGAAAAAA <3

Secondly, we're not sure that 6.2 concludes anything. Final boss is Archimonde, leaves a lot of open ground. Once the encryption is gone for Archimonde for the sound and text we'll be more certain of whats going to happen next. Right now it could be as simple as Gul'dan gets away and we have find a way to actually get to Farahlon. We currently have no idea if this is over or where the story is going to take us. In the Archimonde fight we get help from Khadgar, Yrel(even as Horde), and shockingly Grom. Gul'dan is going to get away 90% certain of that. The question is will we chase him during this expansion or the next.
    Again, given how many characters comes back from dead only to die in Hellfire citadel 2.0, and the fact that we are fighting archimonde (again, but this time without trees) its safe to assume they are concluding WoD main storyline. Given how much they were evading the Farahlon (and ended with stance of "we don't have any plans with it yet) and how much time they took to add taanan its also quite possible there won't be any more zones added. Unless farahlon is literally the size of timeless isle.

Add to that, that last raid of expansion always have build up. Now you may argue that Void has a build up...and almost all of that got axed. Whatever was supposed to happen to kargath got removed. Cho'gall dies with no real explanation on what ? why ? and his horde of "totally not a falmer from skyrim" orcs probably crawled back from when he found them (did they even ever existed in MU ?). Oh and ner'zhul bites the dust. So unless we gonna have alot of setbacks and smug looks literally everyone in void-raid would be just a random nobody.

As for gul'dan and
    What? So how does Guldan's story "conclude" ?
    Everyone he had either betrayed him in lulziest way possible or died (or will die in 6.2). This guy has nothing, he is basically a joke character. The best he can do now is decapitate himself and hope his skull will corrupt someone.

And last but not least, comes not so lore (and subjective) reason of blizzard kinda not being happy with WoD. I mean all the issues that lead to sub loss cannot be solved with patch (especially seeing that 6.2 doesn't really adress many issues) and will need new expansion.

6.2 is the last major patch, I am calling it now. They will have almost the whole next expansion ready by Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard said the last raid would have a heavy Legion pressence. If only there was a way to determine if Hellfire Citadel had Legion stuff in it...