Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I spent all last night roaming around Lion's Arch checking out the changes Also talking to the various NPCs. I also don't trust those consortium goons! They are obviously up to no good and can't be trusted.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I spent all last night roaming around Lion's Arch checking out the changes Also talking to the various NPCs. I also don't trust those consortium goons! They are obviously up to no good and can't be trusted.
    That's one thing I love in GW2.

The plots and subplots spiraling around. Even in the civil construction field, the evil lurks...

Eh, the consortium isn't evil, just short-sighted and kind of greedy. Though that could be worse.

As far as Lion's Arch-- I understood the reason for the pirate themed, but it was kind of junky crap. Not that nice of a place. LA is sort of the trade hub of the world, not beholden to any one race. It needs a better look than boat debris. The old stone city from GW1 was pretty magnificent a theme (though the city in-game was kind of crap), and the lions and arches are a thing of the city, not of Kryta, so it's ok to stick with that theme.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Eh, the consortium isn't evil, just short-sighted and kind of greedy. Though that could be worse.
    Eh, everything they have been involved with has been a bit Janky. We just haven't seen the evil behind the scenes controlling them, and it's totally going to bite us in the ass!

Eh, everything they have been involved with has been a bit Janky. We just haven't seen the evil behind the scenes controlling them, and it's totally going to bite us in the ass!
    Being a Corgi, I figure you'd be more of an expert on things biting us in the ankle.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw the karka hatchlings hidden inside those barges, I definitely got that "If you think this has a good ending, you haven't been paying attention" vibe - lol.

Valar morghulis

I'm hoping they restore it in such a way that it looks more like the Lion's Arch in GW1. More Aztec and ancient, less modernization.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Being a Corgi, I figure you'd be more of an expert on things biting us in the ankle.
    That's a fair point! The Consortium are totally going to bite our ankles... and everyone knows you can't stand without ankles so it'll be really bad!

Deleted
    I really really hope it'll look awesome. Tbh I didn't like the old LA's look. It was fun as a meeting point, I loved hanging in the center, it was a good spot to meet people. However I just did not like the look of it. For a central city, it didn't look as amazing as some other cities did.
    I am still fearing for it to happen it'll end up like 'just another city' again. I mean, if you compare to the greatness of a city like Divinity's Reach, or the beauty of the Grove, I always felt LA was really boring.

Deleted
    I hope the city stays to its roots, not too flashy. Supposedly there will be a 'golden city' in HoT which sounds flashy enough even though it's unknown whether it will be a hub or something else.